Satoru Iwata passed away

• St2hSSM.jpg
    so it was announced today that Nintendo's President Satoru Iwata died today due to bile duct growth at the age of 55.

He had an operation last year regarding the same problem and didn't assist E3, although the operation was said successful it seems that the problem returned.

Not much was said about it, nintendo japan left the following message:
    "Nintendo Co., Ltd. deeply regrets to announce that President Satoru Iwata passed away on July 11, 2015 due to a bile duct growth."

Just wanted to take the time to share the news, this really hit me.

RIP Satoru Iwata

I'm not getting old, I'm killing myself before I hit my 30s

• Satoru Iwata was the man that got me into gaming. I actually had met him in America once during a convention for the Nintendo Wii back in 2007 for America. He was an extremely great man, and fun to talk to. We had talked about a few things about future events and what he wanted to bring to the world.

His greatest passion, was his very own job, a place he wished he could have done more throughout the years due to hospitalization. At the time, he wasn't that bad.. but I had asked if he would at least look into his medical history for himself at least. He said he would. He loved working for what he represented, as much as he wanted to express his own worlds from when he was a child. Much like Mr. Itoi, and Mr. Miyamoto, they all had a dream... Iwata... never finished his.

I only had seen him again at a convention here in America for the Nintendo 3DS in 2011-2012, I had asked how he felt and he just as he had said on social media "Progressing slowly". The things he thought about and the things he wanted to push through to the future generation was astonishing, meeting and speaking to him over coffee was the greatest thing I have ever experienced in my life.

During the time of developing The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, and back During the Twilight Princess age, he had explained that he saw a huge chronological dating period.. and I had noticed the same, as well with other game titles, he saw himself over and over as a child.. just lost in a world. I felt sorry for him, I wanted him to explore other worlds instead of being lost in his own, but.. it seems I and we to and extent were far too late to give him a world he wished was a reality.

A Great Man, I will never Forget.

@Link @Kaynil

Edited once, last by Kaynil (July 12, 2015 at 10:34 PM).

• I am still in shock even now. It really got me off guard. Iwata has been very discreet with his personal health and always talked to the media with positive news. After he had the operation I thought, I think many of us thought, he was in a slowly but steady path to recuperation. At first I really thought it was just one of those Facebook prank applications of fake news, but then I realised it was everywhere. By the time I wanted to share it here and other networks I realised other people had already done that, and I am glad because I probably wouldn't be able to express clearly the news.

Iwata was very different to Yamauchi as he didn't mind to be in the spotlight as a friendly, approachable individual being hand on in development of some of the titles. His mannerisms and catchphrases became quickly a big part of the face of Nintendo with the Directs. I still going to laugh at their muppets and the fight with Reggie as the start of a Direct to introduce the Mii fighters.

May he rest in peace.

meeting and speaking to him over coffee was the greatest thing I have ever experienced in my life.

@Pekachew , it is great you actually met him in person for a coffee. I hope one day you indulge us with the story on how that came to be. It sounds amazing.

• I'm only hearing of this now!? Oh god....I don't know if I can take this....My first reaction when I read this was, of course, me being an emotional and sensitive person and all, It's hard for me to accept this. I keep telling myself no no no no over and over again. May he rest in peace....

*insert something witty here*

• Official Post

My first reaction when I read this was, of course, me being an emotional and sensitive person and all, It's hard for me to accept this.

I don't think you're alone in this. Denial was pretty much my gut reaction to the news too. It really was something that we weren't prepared to really consider as a possibility now. he had already been operated and survived that fine. I thought the worst had already happened. It feels it hasn't been that long since we saw him on a Nintendo direct in April and we hear him for the Muppet of the E3 Digital Event. I tear up again everytime I hear his voice. ;_;
    I am also nauseated with some comments and memes floating around. Too soon and in very bad taste.

• .. There is no more words to say about this.
    We can't ever restore this.. We can't.. He was extremely important and great man, wasn't he? ...

So sorry to listen..

Thanks for doing very much to nintendo to make us enjoy and fun. Thanks first everything, Satoru Iwata..

:(

May he rest in peace..

"The days are quiet beautiful, the difference is- past days can't be forgotten, future days can't be avoided".

"Sent by Queen Legend on her LG D686".

• @Pekachew , it is great you actually met him in person for a coffee. I hope one day you indulge us with the story on how that came to be. It sounds amazing.

When I get the chance... I'll write out a more in depth summary of how it happened and where. It would bring back a bit of joy I have in this awful tragedy...

I am also nauseated with some comments and memes floating around. Too soon and in very bad taste.

They wouldn't post memes around if it was their father or son who just died..

-----------

Edited 2 times, last by Kaynil (July 18, 2015 at 3:45 PM).