Assassin's Creed Odyssey

• For a long time Assassin's Creed has been one of my goto every year game series. I have preordered every game in the series since Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. There has been a few low points in the series so far, in Assassin's Creed III (which is the 5th game in the series) they had killed off a major character which I feel is reprehensible. There were even problems in Assassin's Creed Unity, and Assassin's Creed Syndicate where they had NPCs rendered incorrectly and it would show half of the face off and the characters eyeballs would still be where they were supposed to be (just without a face). Though I was lucky enough not to see those errors.

Odyssey takes place in or around 430BC in Ancient Greece. And as always it has protagonists that would favor the Assassin's side of the story, and it has antagonists that would favor the Templar side of the story. Though there are neither in this story as it is 400 years before the founding of the Assassin order. As if we remember from Assassin's Creed: Origins (last years installment), Bayek and his estranged wife founded the Assassin Order in Egypt.

Nonetheless the game Assassin's Creed Odyssey is a treat, it continues the trend of more RPG and LESS linear storyline, a method of game play that was highly defined in Origins. I do sometimes miss the old Assassin's Creed gameplay, preferably that in Assassin's Creed III or Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag. I feel if you have a well oiled and worked machine it shouldn't have to change alot.

The moral of this story is I would highly recommend playing this franchise. I started my Xbox 360 journey by playing the first assassins creed game in 2007/2008ish at a USO building on Fort Bliss, TX and I knew then an there I wanted to own a console and a game. I had never experienced a feeling like that since when I first played Wind Waker on a friends gamecube and I decided then and there that I needed my own Gamecube (I had beat Ocarina of Time like 200 times by that point) and my own copy of the game. OR we all remember the first game that made us interested in playing video games like when I borrowed Pokemon Blue and a gameboy in 4th grade. The days of fun gaming and expectation of getting a new game for my birthday or christmas, saving up my own money so I could go in and blow it on a game are fond memories for me, and I would love to hear any of your comments on Assassin's Creed or even your first gaming experience.

I know I titled this Assassin's Creed Odyssey and then I went on a tangent about something else. Sorry. Deal with it. This is how my mind works.

• Assassins Creed is a pretty interesting series and the first games, were on its time pretty interesting. These first ones are far from perfect but it seems they got a nice formula they have kept running with it. I find odd they like so much their boats though. That made sense in one of the games but it feels a bit shoehorned in other games.

I agree with you regarding the character they killed off in the third game. It seemed like a cheap shock, rather than making sense with the story. I honestly wondered what was going to be of the series because of it.

I haven't played Odyssey nor the last game in the series. I heard high praise for, Origins and this one has gotten my interest. I recall they made a huge noise over having a female character to choose from.

Too bad my economical situation and hearing some mixed opinions has made me put Odyssey a few spaces below other titles in my "To buy" list.

How's the swapping between girl and guy working out?

Between those two, which one do you reckon I should give priority?

As for going on a tangent, well, this community has been more like a good chat between friends so skirting tangential topics is not big deal. And of course, that is such a good feeling when you find a game that leaves you so impacted that you feel compelled to buy a whole new system because you know it will be worth it. That's how I got my Nintendo 64, Seeing bits of OoT made me want badly to play that game and I wanted nothing more strongly than those for my birthday.

• Well Im sexist so I have never played the female character :p

It is a great game and its refreshed. I liked both Origins and Odyssey.