Skyward Sword HD a possibility?

• RZrgX9Fx3u_ejXrOV79MnSaPeElmYIIf6WJwEKT7nOU13ALNd8llno05pr-yj6af6nJeL81s0ZQ3ucdrjIW_2vYm7K0aL0j2DlaSsbiubKmcZDB-8rY5jT3mBr3DDATrezrYQGuP

Last month Eiji Aonuma, series Director of the Legend of Zelda, teased that a port or potential HD remake of Skyward Sword on the Nintendo Switch was in the works during a Nintendo Live venue in Japan.

He took the stage after a Legend of Zelda themed concert performance, and reportedly said, “We know what you are thinking – Skyward Sword for Switch. Right?”

Resetera brought to attention a Twitter user named Zalman, who cited numerous tweets from Chinese and Japanese Twitter users who were in attendance, and were talking about the event.

Not long afterward a Nintendo spokesperson shot down the hype, telling Eurogamer , “At this time we have no plans to release The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword on Nintendo Switch."

Perhaps Aonuma was just joking? Or was he serious? This wouldn’t be the first time a higher Nintendo official said one thing and representatives tried to backtrack.

Would you be interested in a port or remake of Skyward Sword for the Switch? Share your thoughts in the comments section below by joining our Forums!

• I love this subject. I hope that after they get this game that I guarantee they are working on, they will release Wind Waker and TP HD. That would be an easy $120 for them to scrape it in again.

• They played the card of "Right now there's nothing to say about this subject" which some are taking as a denial but it is not the first time Nintendo pretends nothing is going on just to throw people off the scent. I am pretty sure Aonuma teased Majora's Mak 3D back in the day, and I cracked up later on seeing the 3D model of the mask in A Link between worlds. For a moment I saw possible taht the teasing was just been mischievous prank with the pun on a literal Majora's Mask being displayed on the 3DS. In the end we all know how that teasing ended: The games were being in production at the time.

So, I don't feel as confident as to bet anything but I definitely feel there's possibilities to allow to have hopes for it to come to be.

• They said they intend to release 1 Zelda title every year. I think that means new additions and remasters.

2017 - Breath of the Wild

2018 - Hyrule Warriors

2019 - Skyward Sword HD (?)

2020 - New mainline Top-down addition like LBW?

etc:

And I bet they will pad those years with surprise rereleases of already remastered Zelda titles.

They are rereleasing every other damn Wii u game, but not the remastered Zelda games hmm seems suspicious. When they know those games didnt sell well because alot of people didnt have the Wii U.

They wanna sell us Super Mario Bros U for 59.99 bleh. I can still buy Hyrule Warriors for the Wii U for 59.99, I can buy Splatoon 1 for 59.99 these prices are outrageous. My Walmart still is trying to get rid of an excess of copies of the Wii Michael Jackson game. (Damn that game came out like 8 years ago and Nintendo obviously thought it was going to be a hit)

Wind Waker is 100x better than any Mario game.

• My knee reaction is not to count Hyrule Warriors as a Zelda game, but considering that it is a Zelda based game, where even though the mechanics are different the whole world and characters are Zelda related. It is an adventure taking place in the Zelda universe.

I remember something said to that effect of the yearly release but I can't recall if it was said by someone representing Nintendo. Even looking back I feel that they have been trying to do smaller scales games to keep the gaps. Some year console games like the HD remakes and some others were the portable ones. So I definitely see them keep trying to use the franchise to persuade more purchases in the upcoming years.

I definitely agree with you... I feel they will be ported, it would be such a waste not to do that being iconic games. I think they could be working on the Skyward Sword HD and at the same time keeping the wind waker and the twilight Princess ready to close the gaps of dry months or delays. So they won't be announced straight away.

They wanna sell us Super Mario Bros U for 59.99 bleh. I can still buy Hyrule Warriors for the Wii U for 59.99, I can buy Splatoon 1 for 59.99 these prices are outrageous. My Walmart still is trying to get rid of an excess of copies of the Wii Michael Jackson game. (Damn that game came out like 8 years ago and Nintendo obviously thought it was going to be a hit)

I find it ridiculous in general they expect you to pay full price for games that are basically ports with not enough extra content to justify the double purchase. Get Hyrule Warriors for the Switch and get two BotW extra outfits!! It reminds me of the Malibu Stacey episode of the Simpsons.

How can Mario Kart 8 for the Wii U still be that expensive?
    Mario kart 8 Dx I feel conflicted, they added more than just the DLC of the WiiU version, they added the multiplayer ballon and a few other modes but then again, should we really be clapping they added the mode back when it should had been there from beginning but they were lazy and axed it. If people hadn't complained about it probably it wouldn't be part of the Dx version. The other multiplayer modes are also interesting but that the switch version has that extra content just makes it even more baffling that the Wii U version didn't come down if it is lacking these things.

Hhahaha, that Michael Jackson Wii game. Maaaan. That's so funny your Walmart stil haven't been able to sell them all.