• So, I get it. Someone said a really good game is shit, and your first reaction is "WTF? What are they smoking!?" and that's a legit reaction.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut.

Reviews are only good if the reviewer gives the score they think the product truly deserves. If we start holding reviewers to our own opinions, or to the opinion of the masses, then we've already corrupted the process. There's functionally no difference between a reviewer giving a game a good score because it's popular, and a reviewer giving a game a good score because they were paid to do so.

• So, I get it. Someone said a really good game is shit, and your first reaction is "WTF? What are they smoking!?" and that's a legit reaction.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut.

Reviews are only good if the reviewer gives the score they think the product truly deserves. If we start holding reviewers to our own opinions, or to the opinion of the masses, then we've already corrupted the process. There's functionally no difference between a reviewer giving a game a good score because it's popular, and a reviewer giving a game a good score because they were paid to do so.

True, but it's weird seeing a game a ton of people like have 1 mixed review. It's something you wouldn't expect to see, you know? But, everyone does have their own opinions.

*insert something witty here*

• Official Post

Yeah, I kind of figured out that good ol' Dolphin would probably be the most reliable solution at this point.

Good to hear XBox controller works well with GC emulations.

If you have a GC controller lying around, and can flesh out the $30 (I think) for the GC to Wii U adapter (USB), it's really great. Dolphin supports it out-of-box as well. I've not personally tried with an Xbox controller so it's really down to what you prefer, I guess.

• If you have a GC controller lying around, and can flesh out the $30 (I think) for the GC to Wii U adapter (USB), it's really great. Dolphin supports it out-of-box as well. I've not personally tried with an Xbox controller so it's really down to what you prefer, I guess.

I've used an Xbox controller with Dolphin for GC games, actually worked quite well, also with Project64 too.

Now I just have a corded USB GC Controller and a Logitech Wireless Controller and they both work neat.

Most of my games:

• Official Post

Whoa, quite the collection!

I am curious, how does playing the Wii games fair? Is there a viable way to use a controller, despite having no motion controls? I would love to be able to rig my Dolphin emulator to play them better.

I have a neat setup currently where I use a Raspberry Pi to use this streaming technology called like moonlight that communicates with ShadowPlay from NVIDIA on my desktop computer and stream the screen to the TV, and send the USB input to the computer as well. It's the closest thing I've gotten to replicating a couch-to-TV experience with "upgraded" visuals while deviating from original hardware. The GameCube experience is really good running at a forced 16:9 ratio and 1080p quality with heavy sampling and other smoothing techniques. The N64 one works moderately well, I just had to get a USB controller for it instead, but I am at a total loss on what to do for Wii.

• Whoa, quite the collection!

I am curious, how does playing the Wii games fair? Is there a viable way to use a controller, despite having no motion controls? I would love to be able to rig my Dolphin emulator to play them better.

I have a neat setup currently where I use a Raspberry Pi to use this streaming technology called like moonlight that communicates with ShadowPlay from NVIDIA on my desktop computer and stream the screen to the TV, and send the USB input to the computer as well. It's the closest thing I've gotten to replicating a couch-to-TV experience with "upgraded" visuals while deviating from original hardware. The GameCube experience is really good running at a forced 16:9 ratio and 1080p quality with heavy sampling and other smoothing techniques. The N64 one works moderately well, I just had to get a USB controller for it instead, but I am at a total loss on what to do for Wii.

Works rather well, I played Metroid: Other M and Mario galaxy 2 all the way through using a wii Remote and a Bluetooth adapter.