• Wii was complete garbage if I'm completely honest, only thing saving it were decent games. Wii U is like a wii but with decent controller options. I would've said GC controller compatibility but not every Wii has it and you can buy it for the Wii U so there's that.
    This opinion is completely bias since I hate motion controls.

I'm not getting old, I'm killing myself before I hit my 30s

• Wii U lets you use Wii controllers and Wii games so once I got it I had no reason to keep the Wii running.

At its time I enjoyed the Wii and the motion controllers and with the Wii U it just feels like s polish to give a more rounder set of options and absorb the global online ID method.

• @Pekachew I don't think hacking your Wii to make it better than it is supposed to be should influence your opinion on the console, lol. That's heavily, heavily biased.

Actually, adding add-ons to a console, which most people do through apps and such on the WiiU, is fair. Seeing that the HomeBrew channel and modification gives you all the apps that were originally on the Wii Shop Channel is a nice touch. So, in a way not really too much hacking. Seeing the Wii U can't play Old Game Cube Games anymore, but still can play Wii Games. I'd prefer the older games over the newer ones. In a more elaborate point, the Nintendo WiiU's sells were half of what the Nintendo Wii sold in 2006 and 2008.

• Actually, adding add-ons to a console, which most people do through apps and such on the WiiU, is fair. Seeing that the HomeBrew channel and modification gives you all the apps that were originally on the Wii Shop Channel is a nice touch. So, in a way not really too much hacking. Seeing the Wii U can't play Old Game Cube Games anymore, but still can play Wii Games. I'd prefer the older games over the newer ones. In a more elaborate point, the Nintendo WiiU's sells were half of what the Nintendo Wii sold in 2006 and 2008.

Are you sure that's ALL you did with your homebrew? >->

*insert something witty here*

• Homebrew is now available on the Nintendo WiiU. Why pay for them, when you can run emulators on the WiiU now? :^_~:

That didn't take long. Though for emulators there are even for mobiles, so really if I wanted free ROMS I'd already have gone for it.
    Homebrew interests me more to give spins and breathe new life to games. For example, Project M, changes the feel of Brawl.
    I am not modding my Wii U anytime soon. :XD:

• I loved the Wii's introduction to the virtual console, using the Wii remote just like a retro controller felt natural. Yes, in some games, the motion controls felt forced, but if they were implement right, I saw no real harm in them. My excitement for the gimmick ran dry pretty fast though.

The best thing Nintendo did for the Wii was to name it the Wii. They countered themselves by calling the next console Wii U. However the Wii was still an ingenious name. It made Nintendo a lot of money, whether or not people still played it after they got bored of Wii Sports. So that's the one thing it has over the Wii U... the name.

But as a console, the Wii U is better. The gamepad controller when utilised is pretty cool. The Wii U can be summed up as wasted potential. Unfortunately they dropped the ball, not with the specs or the console itself. Just with the name and their horrible marketing. Plus they just don't understand online play, nor what players today want.

So yeah, I enjoyed the Wii when it was around. I've enjoyed the Wii U a little better, and I wish they didn't waste it's potential.

33eii50.jpg

SUBSCRIBE to my Youtube channel for a variety of skits and gaming

• The best thing Nintendo did for the Wii was to name it the Wii. They countered themselves by calling the next console Wii U. However the Wii was still an ingenious name. It made Nintendo a lot of money, whether or not people still played it after they got bored of Wii Sports. So that's the one thing it has over the Wii U... the name.

Cover your ears, @Sardonic Pickle. I am going to say the same rant I do every time this comes up.

Yes! Nintendo noticed people having trouble and mixing names with the past generation. people asking for their GameStations or Playcubes. They said at some point in an interview this is why they choose Wii. It was a simple one word. People remembered it. It was the tend breaker among the PS2-PS3 and the XBox-XBox360. Then they throw it all out of the window, defeat the Wii name's purpose by naming the next console "Wii U". I was and still am baffled by that decision. Perhaps with the Wii success, they decided to imitate the competition. It seriously backfired.

• I don't mind that much they try different things. At least their Wii U Pro Controller supports a good range of games so it is not like we're left just to it. Although in general controllers are becoming so frigging expensive. :T_T: