Kaynil's Paintings

• Yo! Guys!. I have been trying to show you this for ages, but I always had an error message, tapatalk or computer which eventually made me gave up. Today I had another go, got the errors and just print screen the thing and tried again. Pretty ridiculous approach but somehow it worked.

This is the second one. I think for first time online. Like I said not very happy with the execution. Mostly the skull, way too dark although I was trying to make the "smile" to stand out.
    I was basically trying to do my own spin on "La Catrina". La Catrina is a well dressed "skull" from somewhere around the first decades of the XX century. It has evolved somewhat since then but the original drawing, for a newspaper is still the most known one. The message basically is that death makes no distinction. No matter how much class or money you got, we all going to share the same end. So it was a small jab to the elite of Mexico feeling superior by reminding them of this.

Behind 'her' There's some cempasúchil (Marigolds). In mexico that flower is linked to the Day of the Death and many people buy and bring to the tombs these flowers. It's name means 20 (petal) flower in Nahuatl. If I recall correctly the reason for its use in altars is because it is reminiscent of the Sun. The sun was believed by the Aztecs to guide the souls of our ancestors. In some regions they make a way from the doorstep to the altar with the petals. Originally I had filled the picture with them but the later on decided against. I still couldn't come with anything else to feature as the background so I just left it like that.

That's a really awesome painting and the background info about the Mexican culture is fascinating. What kind of error did you have when trying to post that picture in the past?

• What kind of error did you have when trying to post that picture in the past?

For some reason it said that the extension didn't match the file content. Which is weird because
    1. I know I didn't tampered with the file.
    2. The file was in the same extension as the rest of the pictures from my mobile camera (JPEG)
    At first I thought it was Tapatalk and that the file was too big or something. Then I tried directly on the browser and I thought it was just my mobile browser not being able to process it correctly.
    Lastly when I passed it into the computer I had those errors so I just gave up. I didn't have the picture in a place easy to grab so by then I pretty much had decided to wait until I needed to dust off the box where I kept it and took another image.
    Luckily the snipping Tool seemed to work alright.

My roommate is a builder and usually have projects involving cutting wood, he's very talented and needs to give himself more credit, but my asthma wakes up with the sawdust so I have been avoiding the courtyard. Today I brought my stuff upstairs I have no idea where or how will I rearrange things, but I am hoping I can produce more art.

I'll be taking pictures and showing you here. :vio:

*some time after*
    Wow, close to a year now and I haven't done anything. Maybe I should change that. :P

*Even more months after the last comment*
    Wow. Half a year passsed before I changed that.

Anyway, for those of you that follow me on twitter or instagram this might no come as a surprise. I am working in a Breath of the Wild painting.

I am usually working once a week on it so it will take me a little while. Using acrylics.

[ATTACH=thumbnail]419[/ATTACH]