Adventure of Link: Is it as bad as people claim?

• I have heard all kind of comments on Adventure of Link, but in general this game is infamous. Its reputation usually leans on the "weird" or negative side of the fence, because it seems different from the games before and after it.

It is easy to forget that at the time only the original NES Zelda game had been out so there was not an established pattern yet. Also Adventure of Link added new ingredients to the formula that have been kept in most of the games that came after it, for instance the Triforce of Courage, the use of magic, NPC with more significance to the plot and of course the first apparition of Dark Link.

For some people the game is alright for its time but it is its Zelda label what makes it harder to shine among its more charming games from this saga.

What is your take about Adventure of Link?

• It reminded me of a side scrolling Final Fantasy. Monsters jumping out of areas to fight you. I had cut corners so I didnt have to fight as many. It was a bad direction for Zelda to go in. I sure am glad they fixed it.

• It isn't bad. It maybe was hard back then because of how faint the hints are during the playthrough, but today we have plenty ways to get answers.

I watched GameGrumps play it through and I actually got interested on playing it myself. I liked it, the game looked really fun and challenging, just confusing at times.

I'm not getting old, I'm killing myself before I hit my 30s