My thoughts on One Piece after Episode 1

• I just finished watching episode 1 of One Piece, and I can't understand how people think this is better than Fairy Tail. I don't plan on watching much more of this series, I can't take it. To sum it up, so far, I hate this anime. It's ew.

*insert something witty here*

• It isn't a conventional anime to begin with, and the first episodes are dated in comparison to Fairy Tail. Going into each anime, it's important to remember when they were created for fair (beginning episodes) comparison. However, the anime DOES get much better as it goes on, and I do agree that the first episode also turned me off when I first watched it. And then my brother assured me that it got much better so I stuck with it and didn't regret. I'm also sincerely hoping you watched it subbed and not dubbed.

But it's fair if you think that it's not as good as Fairy Tail, but I still love it more than Fairy Tail for a plethora of reasons. But, you're also much younger than I am, so the generation gap is probably going to be a factor in you liking or disliking things in a different way than myself. And yeah... Age does matter in this regard :lengua:

I hope you'll continue watching it, but you probably wont make it to the point where it really gets good. (if you ever pick it up again, that is)

sig.gif

• Oh, also, the same thing goes for Fairy Tail. You probably don't like Fairy Tail because you haven't watched enough of it. I'm just making an assumption, as that's how it is with most people. I will agree the first arc of Fairy Tail sucks, but every arc after that I like. Especially arc 3, 4, and 5. 7 is good too.

• Oh, also, the same thing goes for Fairy Tail. You probably don't like Fairy Tail because you haven't watched enough of it. I'm just making an assumption, as that's how it is with most people. I will agree the first arc of Fairy Tail sucks, but every arc after that I like. Especially arc 3, 4, and 5. 7 is good too.

I'm actually at the current episodes that are out. I just finished the Epilogue of the Tartaros Arc. It was pretty good! :D Only part of Fairy Tail so far that's made me shed a tear.

hahahha anime. every shonen is terrible.

Not every shounen, but that's fair if you don't like them. Do you like other anime?

sig.gif

• I like some shounen but it doesn't save them from being really bad, Hunter X Hunter is probably the only good one around besides Brotherhood but I haven't gotten myself to watch it because it's lenghty.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Cressel

I've watched some anime, I want to invest myself more on it but at the same time I'm not used to it.

I'm not getting old, I'm killing myself before I hit my 30s

• I'm actually at the current episodes that are out. I just finished the Epilogue of the Tartaros Arc. It was pretty good! :^o^: Only part of Fairy Tail so far that's made me shed a tear.

That time when

Display Spoiler

all the members of the guild were about to die from that dragon (agne logia or something) and they were holding hands. I cri. I thought they were all dead.

• I have only watched like 5 episodes. I am considering to retake it again but it is not high in my list.

I just finished watching episode 1 of One Piece, and I can't understand how people think this is better than Fairy Tail. I don't plan on watching much more of this series, I can't take it.

You're condemning it as a whole for the very first episode. :lol:

One Piece, Naruto and Bleach are long anime that have seen a generation grow with them. There is much more than the simple designs and plots and for a long series the first episode is nothing about the twists and myriad of characters that are not yet introduced. I don't know One Piece other than bits and pieces but I can understand that people grow fond of characters and what they go through.

Anyway it is not a competition, you like what you like. If at this particular time OP doesn't catch your fancy no point to force yourself.

• I like some shounen but it doesn't save them from being really bad, Hunter X Hunter is probably the only good one around besides Brotherhood but I haven't gotten myself to watch it because it's lenghty.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Cressel

I've watched some anime, I want to invest myself more on it but at the same time I'm not used to it.

I agree with you, most are rather... Ugh. There are times in shounen, and honestly a bunch of shoujo, where I wanna just throw my hands up in the air in frustration. Hunter x Hunter and Brotherhood are really good examples of quality shounen (but I understand that HxH is pretty darn long... It is totally worth the watch though if you ever get the chance). I think that some of the Gundams are also very good, in that they're more intelligent shounen (for the most part. Some Gundam series are rather bad...) I should probably get back on topic though. One Piece ranks high (if not the highest) for me because of the characters and their development and backstories. But it can be boring at times for sure. I just trudge past that to the good parts. (n_n)

(Thanks for the link to that website, I'll probably set up my own list as well! I usually just write it down in a notepad on my computer and then lose the notepad like a month or two later... Yup. I'm good like that.)

That time when

Display Spoiler

all the members of the guild were about to die from that dragon (agne logia or something) and they were holding hands. I cri. I thought they were all dead.

Display Spoiler

Acnologia

is how you spell it. I only know that 'cus of subtitles, aww yeah :^_~:

And yeah, I was really surprised at that part too. One Piece also has really incredible moments like that as well, though they take a while to get to. I think One Piece was definitely given alot more time with filler episodes, whereas Fairy Tail has less and instead has more immediate story-line and action. One Piece was being produced hot on the heels of Dragon Ball Z's production ending, so it was the trend back then to elongate anime and One Piece had a pretty big name to live up to (and was also produced by the same studio). To be frank, they didn't start really making shorter series the norm until like 2003+. Most anime I watched as a child were very long, and the ones I found online were like minimum of 24 episodes, and usually around 50-70.

I have only watched like 5 episodes. I am considering to retake it again but it is not high in my list.

You're condemning it as a whole for the very first episode. :lol:

One Piece, Naruto and Bleach are long anime that have seen a generation grow with them. There is much more than the simple designs and plots and for a long series the first episode is nothing about the twists and myriad of characters that are not yet introduced. I don't know One Piece other than bits and pieces but I can understand that people grow fond of characters and what they go through.

Anyway it is not a competition, you like what you like. If at this particular time OP doesn't catch your fancy no point to force yourself.

Yeah, I couldn't have said it better myself. I've become extremely fond of the characters in One Piece, especially Zoro. He's literally my all time favorite. <3 And never force yourself into anything otherwise you end up hating it. What's the point then?

sig.gif

• I agree with you, most are rather... Ugh. There are times in shounen, and honestly a bunch of shoujo, where I wanna just throw my hands up in the air in frustration. Hunter x Hunter and Brotherhood are really good examples of quality shounen (but I understand that HxH is pretty darn long... It is totally worth the watch though if you ever get the chance). I think that some of the Gundams are also very good, in that they're more intelligent shounen (for the most part. Some Gundam series are rather bad...) I should probably get back on topic though. One Piece ranks high (if not the highest) for me because of the characters and their development and backstories. But it can be boring at times for sure. I just trudge past that to the good parts. (n_n)

(Thanks for the link to that website, I'll probably set up my own list as well! I usually just write it down in a notepad on my computer and then lose the notepad like a month or two later... Yup. I'm good like that.)

Might as well get http://taiga.erengy.com/ to go with mal, it's pretty neat. I have some animes on the list that I need to watch before I even consider sinking in things with over 20 episodes. Slow paced anime that you can't marathon like mushishi and whatnot. I mostly use mal for the plan to watch feature lmao.

so I'm the bleach aphe is the one piece and lexatom is the fairy tale.

I'm not getting old, I'm killing myself before I hit my 30s