• This post will also be helpfull in "the other side" (the spanish one).

This my project that I realized a time ago (2weeks, something like that) and isn't implemented because there is some work to do in "the other side" with the skins, the idea is make each Link emoji able in each hat color of the four swords Links, and also Dark Link :darkevil:.

But there are some questions that @Kaynil and me want you to answer or give your opinion about how to implement this idea.

Kay said that they may change in rule of the skins. If using the red one, red Links, the blues for the blue and so... this result in a very doable idea if there were a blue and dark skins, there is a green one in the other side and i'm workin in a monochromatic musical one that would be the dark one and some of them can be moved here.

My idea is to make seccions in the emoji box, one for each color making them available in every moment and giving the user the possibility to mix them in every moment.

This thread is to present you the idea and to share your opinions with us.

This is the result of the idea:
    Good_feeling.png rllyhSS.png p0sXiLf.png :vio:MUg4wXI.png

• Basically Shiro has gone already with the hard work of re-making each expressionof the original emoticons in the other 4 colours. The original idea was that when you opened the smilies box you would have each color in its own category, from where you can mix and match to your heart content in your messages.

The smilies themselves are not a very big file, so it is not the space the issue I might have with the original idea. The thing is that while uploading the images to the server can be done in bulk, I have to manually insert and give a command to each of them. Considering that the expressions are the same and just the hat colour changes, I raised some concern for the idea of having repeats.

So, I commented to @ShiroMZM the skin alternative. I think that I might be able to change the smile set depending the skin. Given the way the folders are layered it might be possible to have a different style carrying different smilies so long the smilie image keep the same name and extension. I have yet to prove this so chances are that won't be possible.

So here is where you come in. Do you like the idea of uploading and using the extra sets of Links?
    Should I attempt to do the variation depending the skin?

What do you think?
    Maybe you have a better idea on how to implement this.

• What about making each color with a single letter depending de color like :g^_^: :b^_^: :r^_^: :v^_^: :d^_^: etc.

Oh, that is not the problem, I already imagined it'd be something like blueX redX and leave green as default. It is just the manually doing it to each of them.

What I meant by the last line was better ideas on how to implement the smilies you already created besides these two ideas. We could been missing the obvious.
    Another use I was planning for them, is for the Zelda moods, similar to the ones in the Spanish side of the forum. But we probably should discuss that another time and in another thread. :)

• The problem with the skins idea is that (if I've got it right) the color of Link's hat would be dependant on the skin of the poster - but really you'd want it to be based on the skin of the viewer, otherwise it's a little pointless. And that sounds a lot harder to achieve.

If you have to do it manually, you don't have to do it all at once. You could add one extra colour set every couple of months if you have time.

• The problem with the skins idea is that (if I've got it right) the color of Link's hat would be dependant on the skin of the poster - but really you'd want it to be based on the skin of the viewer, otherwise it's a little pointless. And that sounds a lot harder to achieve.

If I conditioned a set to a skin then you guys would have no control. It wouldn't be "I'm posting this red hat smiling Link". It would just be smiling Link, and depending the skin is how it would appear to the viewer. So if the viewer had a different skin,they won't see the same smilie you did.

In the end, it helps a lot to know what you guys would prefer because in the end it's for the community to enjoy. Even if it might take a while activating them. I have no problem going the "extra" step to get them all up and available regardless of skin. I just want to know people want this.

It looks a bit pointless repeating the same set many times if there is no interest.