Happy 30th Anniversary, The Legend of Zelda!

• These days there has been one image circulating that perfectly sums up the Journey, it is quite simple but for many very powerful:

Originally published on deviantART by Shutwig.

I am sure it is not the only image around worth seeing and I will be happy if you guys share another touching images for the anniversary, but above all I'd love to know what has been your journey with the franchise. We all started in different points, perhaps in that first adventure we ignored the past.

The Legend of Zelda started out in the NES, it is a very simple game when compared to what has become but it is still beloved and good to hold its ground within the console even up to this day. The Legend of Zelda was in its time pioneer in many things we take for granted, like cartridges with battery to save your progress. A game that you had to take your time to explore instead of just pumping through levels like the arcade games were used to. You had to actually think. Skill alone wouldn't save you. Hyrule was filled with puzzles. You needed to take your time. The music was excellent and many people spent many hours playing the quest and discovering a harder quest available. Today it is easy to minimize just how much modern gaming owns to The Legend of Zelda. At the time it was released there was no way to know how would this game be received, much less that it was going to spawn a long legacy.

Every Zelda game that was released after it has added something unique, while the game keeps some elements through most of the series it has not been afraid to challenge opinions and paradigms. Different Links have gone through many different adventures and lands, getting to know in the way many unique and memorable characters as well as to wield different weapons.

We have grown with different games and today we find ourselves eagerly waiting to return to its land in the new Zelda U. We have a new hero from which we know very little, but it is time to trust he'd guide us back where we want to be. No matter what evil is arising we know we will prevail!

Thank you Nintendo and Happy Birthday The Legend of Zelda!

sig.gifDQkD2XN.png

• wow.... i'm only 4.5 months younger than LoZ. Kinda epic and kinda not at the same time.

Happy Anniversary!

I'm pretty close to it too, at around 6 months younger. Feels good.

I'm only a couple of weeks off Metroid though, that turns 30 this year too.

Anyway, Happy Anniversary to the Zelda series and thank you Nintendo for making it.

33eii50.jpg

SUBSCRIBE to my Youtube channel for a variety of skits and gaming