Marvel's Captain America: Civil War

• Anyone interested in seeing it? A friend *coughes@sardonicpicklecoughes* just passed me a link to the second trailer and while the first trailer did get my attention, the teaser at the end of the second trailer had raised my curiosity by a lot. I think it is something I wanted to see for a while. Also it made me realise we had no thread to talk about it here. Problem solved.

Anyway, it is my udnerstanding many people are getting saturated with Superhero movies. I am not one of them. There have always been mindless entertainment type of movies and different genres and I don't mind lowering my guard for these kind of films. I liked superheroes in comics and I enjoy the explosions, ridiculous costumes that somehow you try to take seriously and the action. It is a fun ride.

This movie seems to it is going to be about Iron Man and Captain America differences to grow to the point where they take opposing stances. I love versus and this year we will have two movies on that. I want to see what's up with the terrorists and how they fit with this.

I have a bit of a mixed bag with the Spiderman reveal. It is great in itself taht he finally joins in. I think it is something I have wanted to see since the second movie of the avengers was announced. It is interesting that he ended up in a more Captain America "focussed" one, but still with the Avenger crew being around.

In deadpool, the cgi effects to make his face more expressive works really nice, because the white is still a small portion. Spiderman instead has this white retract. This is very close to the style in the comics and in that sense I like the idea, but at the same time it feels unnatural and I am not sure how well it will flow with him. I guess I could take a jab at his small logo on his clothes too but that is just ridiculous nitpicking.

The real worry I have with the teaser of Spiderman is that this scene is actually a teaser at the end of this movie that they inserted in the trailer. In Spiderman two they teased Rhino and that scene that ended in cliffhanger was the last scene from the whole movie too. I am afraid that since the focus in on Captain America, Spiderman participation is just a funny surprise near the end.

What do you guys think of the movie trailers?

Are any of you planning to watch it?

• Apparently Spider-Man comes in around half way through, so we may get to see a lot more of him.

To be honest I'm only seeing it because of Spider-Man. I love Captain America, but not enough to run out and see his movies. Iron Man is cool, but ... eh. I've just always loved Spider-Man. I like the new look of Spidey, he looks very classic. At first I was a bit weirded out by the eyes, but now I've changed my mind and I love it. Basically I'm just happy always to see Spidey in movies. He's just awesome.

33eii50.jpg

SUBSCRIBE to my Youtube channel for a variety of skits and gaming