• Official Post

I've a mate who's obsessed with horror movies. I don't mind a good horror. I liked The Ring (US version), that creeped me the hell out when I was younger. The Rob Zombie Halloween remake was hilrious. Anyone remember Sleepy Hollow? That was a hoot. Deathwatch was pretty good too, despite the corny name.

• Official Post

I'm not a big horror movie guy. I'm too much of a baby about them. That said, I did enjoy "The Babadook," and "The Mirror" is on my watch list.

That said, slasher movies are fun. They fit better into the "action / gore" category than the horror movie one. Nightmare on Elm St, Friday the 13th, all good fun.

• Official Post

I am not much of a horror movie goer and I tend to annoy people because I will laugh at some points in the movie. I don't mean to be derisive, and I it is really difficult to help it. I don't really talk bad, I just chuckle.

Most of the horror movies I recall them from my childhood. Back then the religious ones were the ones that used to get me the most, like the exorcist.

• I am a huge horror movie fan. I have been building a pretty decent horror blu-ray collection... Here is what I have

That's a pretty interesting collection. You have quite a few I have not heard about.
    Would you consider clockwork orange a horror movie? I liked that one and the original psycho. Although I never thought of them as full on horror movies.
    Another one I like, since I see you have the Carry and the Shinning is Misery. :)

• Yeah Clockwork Orange and 2001 aren't really that. Clockwork Orange, I think a case can be made for it but yeah, it came in a 3 pack with those two movies and The Shining so I decided to pick it up.

The original Psycho is absolutely horror though. Horror is a pretty wide genre. It isn't like Comedy or Action. It is less of a genre and more of a theme. Horror deals with anything macabre wether it has fantastical elements or not. Lots of horror movies are fantastical (Pan's Labyrinth, Nightmare on Elm Street ETC). What most people think of horror is really just a thriller with a horror theme. Psycho, Halloween, The Shining and so forth. There are comedy movies (Evil Dead 2 / Army of Darkness), love stories (Hellraiser), Adventure (Zombie movies), murder mysteries (Deep Red or Tenebre). All these are horror movies but live in other genres but have horror themes.

• Official Post

Yeah Clockwork Orange and 2001 aren't really that. Clockwork Orange, I think a case can be made for it but yeah, it came in a 3 pack with those two movies and The Shining so I decided to pick it up.

The original Psycho is absolutely horror though. Horror is a pretty wide genre. It isn't like Comedy or Action. It is less of a genre and more of a theme. Horror deals with anything macabre whether it has fantastical elements or not. Lots of horror movies are fantastical (Pan's Labyrinth, Nightmare on Elm Street ETC). What most people think of horror is really just a thriller with a horror theme. Psycho, Halloween, The Shining and so forth. There are comedy movies (Evil Dead 2 / Army of Darkness), love stories (Hellraiser), Adventure (Zombie movies), murder mysteries (Deep Red or Tenebre). All these are horror movies but live in other genres but have horror themes.

Oh, that makes sense.

Put like that, I might actually have a few I enjoy. The challenge is remember the Spanish titles so i can search what was their original name. During the nineties, most movies were translated with corny, different names.
    But sicne you mention comedy, I guess Shaun of the dead is a horror-comedy I enjoyed quite a bit.

• Official Post

But sicne you mention comedy, I guess Shaun of the dead is a horror-comedy I enjoyed quite a bit.

Most of Simon Pegg's stuff is pretty neat. Hot Fuzz wasn't all that, but I laughed a hell of a lot through World's End.

• I have a quite possessive at times, love and hate relationship with 'horror' movies.
    I can tolerate and actually love some, but other times they scare me a lot.

IyJvc3Z.png
    Set made by Missing in Action
    The state of being
    existing in a lifeless plain of thought