• An episodic dub of Skyward Sword remastered from the ground up with new sound effects and voice acting. I'm not trying to make some grand statement on Zelda voice acting, but I hope this might at least start some sort of discussion in the forum below about how an animated series could look or feel... Something.

Anyway! Here's episode one!

• I can definitely appreciate the care and love put into these episodes. Some voices are more than just nicely done.
    I like that you guys do some editing instead of it just adding the voice dubs. You shorten stuff, get the noise of the buttons out. It is easy to minimise but I am sure it does take its time to find the tracks and reassemble the sounds, synchronise the voices, get rid of all the fluff and transition in a way that make sense and is between the time limit of the episode, etc.
    I'd love to hear more details on the story of the project, what are your plans and stuff.

Also, you're more than welcome to interact with us in other areas of the community. I am sure getting to know you a bit makes it more likely that people take an interest in your projects.
    I hope you keep updating us. Also, feel free to share your work in our media gallery.

• Oh! Okay. We're almost done with episode five actually. One of the voice actors got caught up with life and was late, so episode four got a huge delay. It was just released. The rest of the episodes should hopefully be a little more consistent with a bi-weekly schedule. About three-four more remain.
    With that said, should I continue to post them here? I've never been completely forum-savey. I'd definitely like to have a place to discuss them. Get some feedback. Stuff like that. Noone really comments on the videos.
    Glad you liked them by the way. ^.^
    Episode 3!

Episode 4!

Episode five is FINALLY up! Check out the Sacred Songs!
    Episode 6 is up, enjoy... Or not. Feel free to tell me.

• I am glad someone else have given a watch. It is really well done.
    It is a shame I have never gone as far in the game as the episodes have, but I have still enjoyed them as audio and they are really nicely done.
    I definitely think this projects deserves way more attention than what it is getting.

• Thanks a lot guys. I'm curious though? What is your opinion on Fi?
    I know its not the conventional choice, but rather than making her voice a robotic young girl we decided to go with a more synthesized type of voice. One that could read the messages from the Goddess in a more enjoyable and distinct way. And it gives us a chance to give her a better character arc.

Edited 2 times, last by Kaynil (November 4, 2017 at 9:59 PM).

• Fi is a tricky character. It's interesting how the game designers decided to combine technological/scientific elements into the fantasy-esque world. Of course, this is going even further in Breath of the Wild. But it feels a little strange that a goddess would make a very fancy robot. If the divine is technological, is it divine anymore?

Realism would of course demand it. A goddess can still only create something that follows the rules of the universe. Fi is durable and will always stick to her purpose. Given this line of thinking, it makes sense that the mechanism of her speech could be affected, but there is little reason why her pronounciation would be robotic. That assumes limitations of software – but the design of Fi would probably be limited rather by the limitations of physical design, by hardware.

Anyway, I agree with the choice you made, and I think Fi was pulled off well!

Edited once, last by Kaynil (November 4, 2017 at 10:00 PM).

• Fi is a tricky character. It's interesting how the game designers decided to combine technological/scientific elements into the fantasy-esque world. Of course, this is going even further in Breath of the Wild. But it feels a little strange that a goddess would make a very fancy robot. If the divine is technological, is it divine anymore?

Realism would of course demand it. A goddess can still only create something that follows the rules of the universe. Fi is durable and will always stick to her purpose. Given this line of thinking, it makes sense that the mechanism of her speech could be affected, but there is little reason why her pronounciation would be robotic. That assumes limitations of software – but the design of Fi would probably be limited rather by the limitations of physical design, by hardware.

Anyway, I agree with the choice you made, and I think Fi was pulled off well!

Honestly, there is so much we don't know about Zelda lore right now that it's anyone's guess. They could easily change one detail in Breath of the Wild that could turn Skyward Sword on its head. It may even blur the line between technology and divinity even further. Who knows, apart from all the game theory videos... it might be cool. XD
    My idea behind her speech while listening to auditions was, "well, what if The Goddess based Fi's voice off a synthasized version of her own." Which is kind of dumb. But that's why whenever she recites messages written in stone or recovers a messages from "deep within my memory" I always leave out the synthesized effects and just put in some reverb to make it sound pre-recorded. There is no way that this is what the developers intended, but... I like doing it.
    As for her personality, I thought about making her full on robotic. But after reading a lot of the dialogue, you really don't feel that.
    ----Spoiler Warning----

What convinced me was her relation to Ghirahim. Or lack there of I guess.
    Both characters are basically just programs made for a single purpose.
    To serve their Masters. And for the last few thousand years they've been doing VERY different things. And it shows. BIG TIME. Ghirahim has pretty much lost it. Whether he has "the capacity" for emotion or not, he certainly has crossed a few wires over his many years wandering the surface.
    Fi on the other hand, seems more cold, calculated and... Sometimes Lonely. She was trapped in a small room for thousands of years for some kid to come along and save the world.
    Like... Mute the audio, go to 7:12 and just read the text.

Compare that to Ghirahim's insane ramblings at the endgame "You petulant brat... You've pushed me
    too far. I've waited my whole existence
    for this! THIS is MY moment!"
    They have similar driving forces. They just manifest in different ways.
    I feel like it's a bit of underrated storytelling and the game deserves some credit for it.
    I could go on about these two for a while.
    (Also, I just got the Ghirahim lines for the finale in from Joshua... Chills.)

Edited 5 times, last by Kyde (December 19, 2017 at 8:23 PM).

• I get what you're saying regarding the typical voices and I am happy you guys were trying to focusing not so much in getting the voice of your dreams as much as the voice able to bring to life each character beyond the trite. The effort is enormous and while I am handicapped to enjoy till the end, having yet to finish SS on my own, what I have followed has made me quickly accept the choices for most characters.

I said in one of the Ghirahim videos that it sounds like an audiobook, like a radio show and I am not kidding. The quality is great and that is how I enjiyed the first episode that crossed past my own progress in the game. It is quite commendable.

(Also, I just got the Ghirahim lines for the finale in from Joshua... Chills.

That's so exciting. He does such a good job on Ghirahim and it is already the finale. This is such a cool ride.

• Episode 7 is up... It was a slog to get through and I feel it really shows in the end product...

I'm just glad to have this filler crap out of the way so I can focus on the meat.
    Episode 8. The finale!
    Almost done with episode 8. No ridiculous delays like last time.
    I just hate editing these dang fight scenes. Strafing is the worst...
    On the bright side, I ended up having to go with a different Demise and he pulled it off beautifully.
    But yeah, with any luck this should be out around Wednesday or Thursday.
    I want to beat the switch announcment by a wide margin.
    The Final Episode is Live!
    I hope you guys enjoy, we really put a lot into this one.

• Simply awesome. It adds depth to the story that the game itself didn't have. I'm so happy to have watched through it all, just like Fi said too, haha.

Demise was done really well. Ghirahim just got better and better. It all fit together. Well done to you all!

• Groose in 1:50 is so fitting. 4:50 got me laughing out loud!
    You guys had so much fun with it. It makes me so happy. (n_n)

It is only that I haven't finished the SS game that I haven't seen your amazing conclusion but you guys are a huge motivator for me to get done with this game because I know how much I am missing. I want to get done just so I can hear your dub on it. All I have heard and watched so far has been really enjoyable and good quality and I really think they could make radio episodes.

I am very happy you kept posting each episode even if we are such a small community. Thank you very much. Really.

• Groose in 1:50 is so fitting. 4:50 got me laughing out loud!
    You guys had so much fun with it. It makes me so happy. (n_n)

It is only that I haven't finished the SS game that I haven't seen your amazing conclusion but you guys are a huge motivator for me to get done with this game because I know how much I am missing. I want to get done just so I can hear your dub on it. All I have heard and watched so far has been really enjoyable and good quality and I really think they could make radio episodes.

I am very happy you kept posting each episode even if we are such a small community. Thank you very much. Really.

Well I'd like to thank you guys for being supportive. This is really the only feedback I've gotten apart from a few regulars and the voice actors themselves. I can't get my family or friends to even glance at the things. And the ZeldaUniverse people, while I'm helping them with the Twilight Princess dub... They won't really talk to me about this, and if I bring it up things get weird. Now that I'm done they say they want to re-do Skyward Sword. Which is... What am I supposed to say to that?
    Regardless, thanks for the support. I hope you come back once you finish the game and tell me how you think it holds up. Happy gaming. ^.^
    [DOUBLEPOST=1485527086,1484296880][/DOUBLEPOST]Hey, sorry to ask this, but if you guys could head over to YouTube and press the like button (if you did in fact like the videos) it would help me out big time.
    I'm finally starting to get some views, but I really need to keep the momentum going.
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=…ETutFh2bUKdOXS1

• Hey, sorry to ask this, but if you guys could head over to YouTube and press the like button (if you did in fact like the videos) it would help me out big time.
    I'm finally starting to get some views, but I really need to keep the momentum going.
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=…ETutFh2bUKdOXS1

I thought I had liked each video I saw but I'll double check.
    Congrats on the momentum and lets hope it continues.

• I though I had liked each video I saw but I'll double check.
    Congrats on the momentum and lets hope it continues.

Oh, if you did that's fine. I wouldn't know. I also don't know your YouTube name, so if you've been commenting under another name I still couldn't tell. The problem with embedded players is the lack of direct feedback on the video's page itself.
    Thanks for the Twitter plug by the way. And glad you got a job. ^.^

• Oh, if you did that's fine. I wouldn't know. I also don't know your YouTube name, so if you've been commenting under another name I still couldn't tell. The problem with embedded players is the lack of direct feedback on the video's page itself.

Well, I made sure now. I have the same nick so you would recognise me straight away. I dn't think I really commented on them save for one or two.

Thanks for the Twitter plug by the way. And glad you got a job. ^.^

No worries and thank you! I am happy to be employed. It takes a load off my mind.

• I know this isn't really Zelda-y. But I guess this particular thread took on a life of its own over time. And I won't keep posting on it, but if anyone is particularly interested in checking out my channel after all that was the Skyward Sword dub, we are starting up an Undertale dub right now. The first episode was just released and we're very excited!
    I wish everyone here the best of luck. But I'll still stop by from time to time. ^.^

Edited once, last by Kaynil (November 4, 2017 at 10:08 PM).

• Official Post

You are more than welcome to come on in here anytime, man.
    WE have plenty of threads and you are encouraged to create your own.
    Maybe you'd like to make a thread in our showcase subforum so you can keep showing us what you guys are working on regardless if it is Zelda related or not. ^^