Nintendo 3DS Direct - September 1st

• Through his different twitter accounts, Nintendo has announced a new Nintendo Direct is coming our way.
    Apparently, they have confirmed that they won't be talking about the NX at all, just in case.

America: 1st of September - 7 am PT
    Europe: 1st of September - 4pm CEST
    Japan: 1st of September - 11pm
    Australia: 2nd September - 12am AEST

The original tweet from their main account:
    [MEDIA=twitter]770622539861073922[/MEDIA]
    After this was posted, the rest of the verified regional Nintendo accounts started spreading similar tweets with the date converted into their correspondent timezone.

There are a few titles coming out in the next weeks, like the newest Pokémon Sun and Moon games, but it should be interesting to see what new games they might reveal.

This is probably the last shot of Nintendo to turn over Metroid Prime:Federation Force.
    I just learned it has been already out, but they might still want to convince the skeptics on what it has to offer. Hopefully, neither that or the new Pokémon will take the majority of the event.

What do you think?

• Gah, I want NX.

Don't we all? :tongue:

Still, I am hoping that they will announce something juicy to push for new 3DS sales this Christmas.
    Following that logic, I think they will most likely withhold information on the NX until next year. :???:

Are any game in particular you'd like them to talk about?
    Or some surprise reveal game from a certain franchise you'd love to happen?

• Don't we all? :tongue:

Still, I am hoping that they will announce something juicy to push for new 3DS sales this Christmas.
    Following that logic, I think they will most likely withhold information on the NX until next year. :???:

It'd be stupid of Nintendo to announce the NX so close to the launch. I'm hoping for the end of september, like the rumours say.

33eii50.jpg

SUBSCRIBE to my Youtube channel for a variety of skits and gaming

• Well, that was... interesting. Super Mario Maker and Yoshi's Woolly World on 3DS was unexpected. Mario Sports Superstars was a surprisingly pleasant surprise. And hey, the other stuff was pretty good as well.

Quite funny how you also were mostly correct when you said

I'm betting on Pokemon, Mario Party, maybe some Hyrule Warriors Legends stuff and perhaps an update for Federation Force.

. Not update it seems.

What I find the most interest is that it seems that each region got its own.

The Japanese Direct showed a crossover between Zelda and Monster Hunter Stories:

Nintendo of America will have the Illustration Book. They also showed Youkai watch 2.

Nintendo of Europe mentioned Dragon Quest VII, while NoA jumped straight to the next one.
    Also, NoA actually prepared some sort of mini sketch.

• It'd be stupid of Nintendo to announce the NX so close to the launch. I'm hoping for the end of september, like the rumours say.

I think Nintendo confirmed a March 2017 release date for the NX, which is really dumb in my opinion. They should have revealed the NX during or soon after E3, instead of acting like it almost doesn't exist. There's literally no build-up to it besides the games mentioned that are releasing on it. I don't know what to think at this point concerning the NX.

About the stream...

Loved it. Even though I was at school while it was live, I checked out the content that the stream talked about once I got home. I don't understand all the buzz behind Dragon Quest, I never really took the time to research the series. But a lot of titles did get me interested in buying. Most notably:

• Pikmin 3DS - I just got invested into the series from playing Pikmin on Gamecube recently, and I loved it. This looks very interesting to me.
    • Mario Party Star Rush - A Mario Party game without the usual turn-based formula? I'm interested to see how this will work, as it's the first game in the series to abandon the usual formula.
    • Mario Sports Superstars - I'm not usually all for Mario sports games or sports games in general, but this one has something about it that I can't easily explain.
    • Pokemon Sun & Moon - Of course I'm going to be interested in the new Pokemon games. Pokemon is my favorite series of all time. Even though we didn't get a ton of info on the games from this stream, I was satisfied, because we got a bunch of info for the past few months, and more info on the way tomorrow. So hyped for this game, I am definitely buying this on launch day.

Mario Maker for 3DS would have gotten me excited if I didn't have a Wii U, but now that I have one, I still prefer the Wii U version. Barely any online compatibility? Sounds to me like they want to hurt the 3DS version more than make it better. Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World seemed kind of interesting, but not something I'm probably going to buy. I'm not too crazy for it. Everything else they talked about during the stream either didn't interest me or I didn't know what the big deal was.

*insert something witty here*

• I think Nintendo confirmed a March 2017 release date for the NX, which is really dumb in my opinion. They should have revealed the NX during or soon after E3, instead of acting like it almost doesn't exist. There's literally no build-up to it besides the games mentioned that are releasing on it. I don't know what to think at this point concerning the NX.

I'm tempted to agree with you on that one. It could be their folly (again), not hyping up their new system. They didn't advertise the Wii U properly, and announcing NX details so close to the launch of it, just seems like they're making mistakes again.

• Pikmin 3DS - I just got invested into the series from playing Pikmin on Gamecube recently, and I loved it. This looks very interesting to me.
    • Mario Party Star Rush - A Mario Party game without the usual turn-based formula? I'm interested to see how this will work, as it's the first game in the series to abandon the usual formula.
    • Mario Sports Superstars - I'm not usually all for Mario sports games or sports games in general, but this one has something about it that I can't easily explain.
    • Pokemon Sun & Moon - Of course I'm going to be interested in the new Pokemon games. Pokemon is my favorite series of all time. Even though we didn't get a ton of info on the games from this stream, I was satisfied, because we got a bunch of info for the past few months, and more info on the way tomorrow. So hyped for this game, I am definitely buying this on launch day.

Pikmin 3DS is the only game I was really interested in. Man that came out of nowhere, I'm very interested to see how it translates into a side scrolling adventure.

Sun and Moon is on my wish list too.

33eii50.jpg

SUBSCRIBE to my Youtube channel for a variety of skits and gaming

• I am interested to know if the Zelda disguises will be released in that new Monster Hunter game worldwide. I also saw some sort of RPG maker in the Japanese one, no word outside but it'd be cool if we saw that here as well, not that I have high hopes. RPGs are not nearly as revered on the west as in Japan.
    I also hope the illustration book will make it to Australia.

I don't understand all the buzz behind Dragon Quest, I never really took the time to research the series.

Dragon Quest is an old series, it has people that have followed it since the NES days (I think that first game was renamed Dragon Warrior for the american version), if I recall correctly. I am kind of curious to try a game now. There was even a cartoon of it that was quite good at the time "the adventures of fly" is how it was dubbed it in Mexico, but I wouldn't be surprised if its actual name is a bit different for American and European regions. Colourful characters, fun story and classic RPG elements is my understanding of what makes the series good.

Mario Sports Superstars - I'm not usually all for Mario sports games or sports games in general, but this one has something about it that I can't easily explain.

For me it appeals the nostalgia of older Mario sport titles that were well done, like back to the N64 and GameCube kind of sport titles. Dynamic and fun.

Mario Party Star Rush - A Mario Party game without the usual turn-based formula? I'm interested to see how this will work, as it's the first game in the series to abandon the usual formula.

From what I can remember, it is still turn based but abandons the classic table-board where the direction as automatically and now it is a grid, so you can plan your steps accordingly to reach the "Main characters" before the rest and goals. It seems pretty fun, specially if you have the Mario Bros. Amibo to spice up things.

Mario Maker for 3DS would have gotten me excited if I didn't have a Wii U, but now that I have one, I still prefer the Wii U version. Barely any online compatibility? Sounds to me like they want to hurt the 3DS version more than make it better.

Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World seemed kind of interesting, but not something I'm probably going to buy. I'm not too crazy for it.

If we didn't have the Wii U version I might have considered getting this one. It seems like a fun platformed and I've heard overall good reviews. Poochy might be cute but it sounds like its purpose is just to tell you were the secrets are located, which for me is kind fo a bummer. I guess so long is an optional feature it should be fine. Besides, the short videos of Yoshi and Poochy interacting sound like a cute addition too.

Pokemon Sun & Moon - Of course I'm going to be interested in the new Pokemon games. Pokemon is my favorite series of all time. Even though we didn't get a ton of info on the games from this stream, I was satisfied, because we got a bunch of info for the past few months, and more info on the way tomorrow. So hyped for this game, I am definitely buying this on launch day.

I am not very hyped for this game, but it is shaping up quite interestingly, I am specially intrigued by the new Alola forms that bring the spotlight to the first generations of Pokémon and the updates to the battle system. If I am able to afforst it, I will get Moon... bats. <3

Pikmin 3DS is the only game I was really interested in. Man that came out of nowhere, I'm very interested to see how it translates into a side scrolling adventure.

Reminded me a lot of their appearance in the latest Super Smash Bros games. It is an interesting twist.

• I think Nintendo confirmed a March 2017 release date for the NX, which is really dumb in my opinion. They should have revealed the NX during or soon after E3, instead of acting like it almost doesn't exist.

I completely agree. They sure chose their release date poorly. If it wasn't ready this year, they could have just waited until next year's E3...