The Nintendo Nx has finally been revealed

• It was just a short trailer but it gave us more insight that we bargained for. It helps debunk or solidify some of the rumours that were circulating around without going very technical.

The first thing that was revealed is the name: Nintendo Switch.
    A name that becomes almost self-explanatory once we get to see the console.

Nintendo's website got so overwhelmed that all you could load was a white page, fortunately, they released the trailer through their social media.

So did your worst fears or wildest dreams were confirmed?
    How do you feel after watching the trailer?

• I'm actually impressed. After the Wii U, and the way traditional consoles are losing market to mobile, and the vague rumours going around, I didn't expect much. But this – I feel I want one. And I haven't bought any console since the Wii.

I like how this even builds on the flexibility of the wiimote. You can play with a classic pad (though I think that one looks silly), a piece in each hand like a wiimote and nunchuk, or either of the two small pieces. That means you got 2-player right out of the box!

They are increasing the difference to the competitors, but that is a good thing – Nintendo does best when they go their own way, as long as they can carve out something there. And this thing, I think it's hype-worthy.

I'd rather the console have poor specs, so that it can be cheaper. If I have to shell out loads for every single piece of this, it's not that appealing. So long as it beats Gamecube, I'm game.

• To be honest, I'm already sold on the Switch over both the PS4 and Xbox One. All thanks to the 3rd Party Support. Now that 3rd Parties are putting their games on the Switch, I can play them at home AND on the go. I just need to know if those 3rd Party games will be changed in any way compared to the PS4/Xbox One version. Also, Nintendo confirmed that there will be a 3DS successor in the future, as the Switch is primarily a console. Anyway, hype! I'm getting a job soon, so I can just save up money to buy the Switch at some point.

*insert something witty here*

• Yeah, man... yeah, man... YEAH, MAN!!!

I think the console is just... amazing. Of course, because of the switch mechanic it will be a bit limited in graphics and stuff, as the Wii U, or may be a little bit better, but I have to give the credit to Nintendo for first time in a lot of time, using a last gen chip. The overall mechanics also call my atention, not just for go everywhere with the console, also because of the multiplayer with that tiny controler (but even though, it looks more confortable than the Wii remote in the horizontal position), and also, I have some friends nearby that are also pretty excited about this.

And, yes, Nintendo has said that the 3ds will have a succesor beside the switch, but it doesn't make a lot of sense, because, you know, the portable/home console mix. And it makes me think, why are you doing that? The difference would be some kind of, like, the same but less powerfull and with no dock and no multiplayer on the go, something more personal... and it makes it even worst, because all of us allready have that personal device, the smartphones... a smartphone... a smartphone... yeah, it sounds great, a smartphone... HEY! that's a great idea, what about if the 3ds succesor is a smartphone, made by Nintendo?

• And, yes, Nintendo has said that the 3ds will have a succesor beside the switch, but it doesn't make a lot of sense, because, you know, the portable/home console mix. And it makes me think, why are you doing that? The difference would be some kind of, like, the same but less powerful and with no dock and no multiplayer on the go, something more personal... and it makes it even worst, because all of us already have that personal device, the smartphones... a smartphone... a smartphone... yeah, it sounds great, a smartphone... HEY! that's a great idea, what about if the 3ds successor is a smartphone, made by Nintendo?

Duuuude. Mind blown!

I am not sure it will be smartphone made by zero, as that would probably won't wor well, most likely they would partner to one of the established and use their OS. Or maybe it is something related to smartphones but not a console in itself. Maybe it is an app that will let us link our NNID and have some sort of eShop to download Nintendo titles from it.

Being a bit more pessimist, at some point, I heard the opposite version, that they said they had no successor in mind for the 3DS.

• An app for successor of the 3ds? I think that's a bit unlikely, there's more chance of the 3ds not having a successor at all or it could have it, and launch that NNID app anyways.

For me, the chance of a Nintendo iPhone could be fine, if they make the phone good for playing Nintendo tittles and works well also as a smartphone it could work. Or there could be another partnership with another company (kinda Nvidia Switch) for making this hypotetical smartphone... any idea?

• Well, a big difficulty Microsoft has launching up and still has to some degree is its app store. For Nintendo to succeed in a smartphone they need to make it easy to develop for and to assembly what already exists. Many people put money for some of their apps, and not having a compatible version because you moved from apple to android could really undermine them. So if games are all the reason they'd have for making a smartphone I think a partnership with someone who has experience and platform already running for smartphones would be a good idea.