• So, it seems like EB is having the time of their lives with the Breath of the Wild hype.
    Or Australia Taxes have really kicked this year when it comes to video games.

Anyway, the thing that made me start this thread is:

The BoTW Amiibo are almost twice as expensive.

Why? I can only think that they are going to be extra detailed, extra big or something... how can that jump be justified?

There are five of these statues. That's around 200 AUD just for them.

A Big Zelda Collector more or less needs to be ready to spend:
    190 for the Master Edition
    200 for the Amiibo
    470 for the Switch console

Meanwhile in the EB Games headquarters...

2nuj4o5.jpg

• Bah the Switch in the US is only 300$, but I do not think i will buy it day one. I will get Breath of the Wild on my u and play it first.

The only quality launch game is Zelda, the 1-2 Switch game and all the rest of them look like garbage.

Buying a console on day 1 for 1 game makes no sense when you can spend 59.99$ and play the game then buy a console later
    Oh i do not own a single amiibo, SO I could care less about them lol

• I am going for the normal Switch version. I was hoping to get one or two BoTW Amiibos but not with that price.
    I tweet EB asking about the gap but they didn't answer.

Buying a console on day 1 for 1 game makes no sense

Say no more. Like this Zelda showed us, not the best idea, not even with Nintendo is a sure thing.

I don't know if I will get mine on launch day but I will be getting the switch Zelda, Yooka Laylee and Mario Odyssey which intrigued me. I feel I will be giving enough use to justify its purchase.

Amiibos I have bought some, mainly Zelda to collect and some to play Smash. I like the levelling up and becoming fight buddies. :)