Are you getting the Nintendo Switch?

• Official Post

If you buy a PS4 game it's not gonna work on a PS3. It's the same thing with PCs.

The only difference is that with a PC, you can upgrade to make your rig able to play a new game, which is a lot cheaper than buying a whole new console.

• Official Post

Actually i own Diablo 1, my pc is too new to play it. So your point is null.

I own Battlefield 3 on my PS3 and EA set it up for a 10 dollar fee I can pop that disk in my PS4 after a download of needed files and play BF3 on my PS4
    I own diablo 3, my pc is to shitty to play it
    i own diablo 2 and i can play that
    Xbox one is working on making as many 360 titles backwards compatible as they can, if you already own it it is free to download on the new console. They do not have to do that but it is a nice feature.

Also any Xbox game you buy made by Microsoft you can also download and play on a PC too, Xbox Play anywhere.

• I mean, I don't care what you play with, dude. You do you, and enjoy it.

I haven't spent much time playing on anything other than a PC in 7 or 8 years now, and I haven't had any reason to complain. But my needs are probably different than yours.

• Official Post

Oh ok. Now what would be funny is if your housemate was Chinese.

Then I can start off with a joke, "So an Australian, Mexican and Chinese all are playing the Nintendo switch......"

Boom, everyone is offended

• Boom look at what the fuck happened. Never buy a console at launch

Give it 6 months to fix stuff and newer versions or protective equipment to be released.

I have had NO problems with my Zelda on the Wii U. No lagging, no freezing, no closing down.

Breath of the Wild was made for the Wii U, not the Switch. Remember that it was ported to work on the Switch withon the last 6 months.

Wii TP was shitty compared to GC TP, just remember that.

• Haven't had a problem with my Switch at all. Must've lucked out. No sync issues.

Knock on wood.

33eii50.jpg

SUBSCRIBE to my Youtube channel for a variety of skits and gaming

• This just makes me feel really lucky. :lol:

I have had NO problems with my Zelda on the Wii U. No lagging, no freezing, no closing down.

Same here with our Switch versions. Not lagging. Not freezing. No sudden errors closing down.

In all seriousness, while I agree it is a great idea to wait for problems to be weeded out and for Nintendo to patch and fix whatever, I feel there is a very vocal minority trying hard to convince the switch is so buggy it shouldn't be out. I don't see how suddenly it shocks people that this is meant to be handled with care. People that received a defective piece should be able to get it replaced.

In any case, of the 12 minutes I saw among some fair causes such as the console screen not working, weird noises and stuff a lot of nit-piking.

- With the grips, if you put them backwards then they get stuck. That is more of people not following instructions and then trying brute force and crying because that backfires on them. The same video shows a girl releasing them effortlessly with a screwdriver so it is not the 'stuck forever' people are trying to scare you into.

- The weak signal was a beta problem AFAIK fixed with the day one update.

- One of the guys complaining about the scratches on the screen takes the console out of the grip by holding the side instead of as directed. What do you expect?

- Complaining about the console not charging while on being tabletop are just complaining for the sake of complaining. You can charge it on the TV or by holding it with the controls attached, so only one in three modes can't be charged while playing at same time, which is a luxury. The console battery lasts heaps when in sleep mode so you can charge it before bringing it. I bet you it is a matter of time we'll get cradle to hold it while charging, but I bet that very same people will cry "hidden costs".

Breath of the Wild was made for the Wii U, not the Switch. Remember that it was ported to work on the Switch within the last 6 months.

Wii TP was shitty compared to GC TP, just remember that.

I'd argue that it was ported to the Switch with more than the last 6 months but that doesn't changes your initial point. I am happy Nintendo made sure to release it for Wii U instead of just switching all the work over to the Switch.

As for the comparison between TP Gamecube and Wii. I can't talk. I owned the wii version and its served me well, I have no clue what made it shitty since it was the same game, just mirrored and with different controllers.

• Fair points Fair Points....geez calm down Kaynil

About your TP copy. I owned the Wii Copy first aswell...when I didn't have a Wii. My wife bought it for me for Christmas 2006, I got the Gamecube Version a few days later. I got a Wii about 2 years later :p

I just have always hated using a Wiimote and Nunchuck. When I press B I wanna swing a sword....or Y on BoTW FML

• Agree with all points. Every single console launch has its issues. Nintendo have a lot to answer for because of the Wii U's failure. However... to me and many other Nintendo fans who bought the Switch at launch, in fact, the majority of Switch owners - Nintendo not only have answered for the Wii U's crap, but have given them a near perfect game at launch. Plus more 1st party games coming this year, and next. Hell even just next month and the end of this month we get to play Splatoon 2 for free.

So yeah, the core Nintendo fans who bought a Switch at launch were the guinea pigs and beta testers for the real launch at the end of the year with Mario Odyssey + all the games that have already been out and patched by then. There are a few of them, being vocal about their issues. Some of them are exaggerating and some of them are genuine. That's the risk you take buying any system at launch. I'm happy I haven't found any issues at all with my Switch. It sucks for the people who have and I can sympathise, but they ran the risk and they can take steps to replacing or fixing their system. Nintendo will patch these things out by the time Mario smashes through the gaming industry, with most likely a bundle and price drop, like he does and sells millions of systems for the holiday.

Right now it's the time for core Nintendo fans to enjoy their systems and Nintendo to iron out the creases. So I don't recommend my friends get one at launch. Having double standards with Nintendo isn't helping either. Making it out that because Nintendo screwed up with the Wii U (financially), they have to have a 1000000% perfect launch, with no bugs or hardware issues miraculously. We'll let slide the 360 ring of death, the PS4 over heating issues, which are minor cases as well as the left joy con desyncing is a minor case.

The whole dock scratching the screen issues is a no brainer... be careful, it's expensive tech... use common sense that mythical way of thinking that people have seemed to forget about. Nintendo can't baby everyone. It's not for kids, like people tend to think Nintendo is for. I wouldn't buy my 9 year old a $470 piece of hardware. I'd buy them a 3DS instead or a ball and cup or some shit. They'll get what they're given.

The charging on table top mode... thing. Get over it. Tough cookies. Think about it realistically. It's like the battery life "issue". If you're going to be playing it for more than 2.5 hours at a party, it must be a pretty shit party or you're at home, near a dock where you can charge it.

So in conclusion. Yes there is a minority of people having real issues with it, and I feel for them. We can't deny there are click bait pieces of snot, who are on 24/7 complaint watch, who'll find anything to complain about just to be contradictory or seem wise. They're just coming off as twats.

Much like people who use italics too much in forum posts XD.

33eii50.jpg

SUBSCRIBE to my Youtube channel for a variety of skits and gaming

• the core Nintendo fans who bought a Switch at launch were the guinea pigs and beta testers for the real launch at the end of the year with Mario Odyssey + all the games that have already been out and patched by then. There are a few of them, being vocal about their issues. Some of them are exaggerating and some of them are genuine. That's the risk you take buying any system at launch.

I think that is a good way to summarise it.

Fair points Fair Points....geez calm down Kaynil

I am not angry. I wanted to address the points in the video as I can easily see it as an effective way to get people scared of trying it.

About your TP copy. I owned the Wii Copy first aswell...when I didn't have a Wii. My wife bought it for me for Christmas 2006, I got the Gamecube Version a few days later. I got a Wii about 2 years later :p
    I just have always hated using a Wiimote and Nunchuck. When I press B I wanna swing a sword....or Y on BoTW FML

Hahah. Fair enough.