Hyrule Warriors for the Switch

• When I installed all the DLC and bought all the upgrades/packs for HW for Wii U, and I got all those "Unlocked" notifications at the start of the game when playing on a different user, took like 10 minutes to get to the title screen... GUHH

• Official Post

I really hope that we don't wait for the next Nintendo Console for a new zelda, and I definitely hope we are not waiting until the next console for the release of the Zelda games we want, deserve and need :p

Btw, Kaynil I really dig how the quotes look on Woltlab.

• Official Post

When I installed all the DLC and bought all the upgrades/packs for HW for Wii U, and I got all those "Unlocked" notifications at the start of the game when playing on a different user, took like 10 minutes to get to the title screen... GUHH

Hahahah. That happened to me too. Even the little fanfare became tedious. I honestly felt there was no end, hahah.
    You had to press "A" on each, too.

I really hope that we don't wait for the next Nintendo Console for a new zelda, and I definitely hope we are not waiting until the next console for the release of the Zelda games we want, deserve and need :p

Btw, Kaynil I really dig how the quotes look on Woltlab.

Quoting you so you can keep admiring them. Hahaha

But yeah, I think it is very little likely they would do that. I am sure they are planning to milk the console so most likely a new big Zelda will be on the works for when they finally feel free to let the 3DS rest and just like with BotW in order to fill the gap and wait they will give us some ports / remasters... or well, maybe that's just me being very positive. XD

• Official Post

So... I tried Hyrule Warriors: Definitive edition today.

My first impression is not good. I mean I was expecting getting nothing already but I was expecting a little more tweak to allow using the switch. You aren't even allowed to take videos.

The Era of the wild outfits for Link and Zelda are unlocked right away, so I tried to redo the first mission with Link in his BotW costume and watch the cutscenes with Proxi and the Fragment of the Triforce resonating. They both defaulted to Link as a knight Trainee outfit.

Now, in my WiiU I remember the outfit changed accordingly so this got me not only off guard but actually bothered me. I am hoping that at least the other outfits like OoT Link and such still work in the cutscenes and that it is only this BotW outfit the one that doesn't. Many of us want to see our outfits on the cool cinemas so it is a let down.

Now, supposing only BotW outfits don't work, it just really show how much of an afterthought they were and how they didn't even feel the need to polish the product for the switch. Honestly, I feel kind of disappointed with that.

• So... I tried Hyrule Warriors: Definitive edition today.

My first impression is not good. I mean I was expecting getting nothing already but I was expecting a little more tweak to allow using the switch. You aren't even allowed to take videos.

The Era of the wild outfits for Link and Zelda are unlocked right away, so I tried to redo the first mission with Link in his BotW costume and watch the cutscenes with Proxi and the Fragment of the Triforce resonating. They both defaulted to Link as a knight Trainee outfit.

Now, in my WiiU I remember the outfit changed accordingly so this got me not only off guard but actually bothered me. I am hoping that at least the other outfits like OoT Link and such still work in the cutscenes and that it is only this BotW outfit the one that doesn't. Many of us want to see our outfits on the cool cinemas so it is a let down.

Now, supposing only BotW outfits don't work, it just really show how much of an afterthought they were and how they didn't even feel the need to polish the product for the switch. Honestly, I feel kind of disappointed with that.

Honestly I was thinking about buying this game but haven't done it yet. Octopath Traveler is the next game I want to buy before getting something like this one but I still thought it looked fun when watching the opening gameplay on YouTube. I like the fighting style where you fight against all of the adversaries in an all out war style. That seemed very appealing to me and I definitely wanted to give it a try

• Honestly I was thinking about buying this game but haven't done it yet. Octopath Traveler is the next game I want to buy before getting something like this one but I still thought it looked fun when watching the opening gameplay on YouTube. I like the fighting style where you fight against all of the adversaries in an all out war style. That seemed very appealing to me and I definitely wanted to give it a try

Sounds like a good plan to get Octopath first. From my understanding it is a good game, if itw asn't because I am already in the middle of another RPG I'd consider it.

Hyrule Warriors is not a bad game. My disappointed with me last year was mostly in comparison to past versions they brought out. I felt like I paid full price for a product that didn't try to bring anything new.

The fact I ended biting the bullet for this version is because I really enjoyed the 3DS version and I missed the improved looks of the Wii U version.From what I've seen so far either people just don't feel attracted at all or are curious, if you thought you would enjoy it I am almost confident you will.

To make my position clear since that post, I discovered that rather than give you what was the DLC in past versions you gotta explore the adventure maps to find them out, so you actually will be getting them one at the time and feeling you are earning each character and alternate outfits, which I really like. And on itself the game definitely packs a good amount of stuff. I have been playing it for 125 hours and I still haven't got all the stuff I m interested in unlocking.

• Sounds like a good plan to get Octopath first. From my understanding it is a good game, if itw asn't because I am already in the middle of another RPG I'd consider it.

Hyrule Warriors is not a bad game. My disappointed with me last year was mostly in comparison to past versions they brought out. I felt like I paid full price for a product that didn't try to bring anything new.

The fact I ended biting the bullet for this version is because I really enjoyed the 3DS version and I missed the improved looks of the Wii U version.From what I've seen so far either people just don't feel attracted at all or are curious, if you thought you would enjoy it I am almost confident you will.

To make my position clear since that post, I discovered that rather than give you what was the DLC in past versions you gotta explore the adventure maps to find them out, so you actually will be getting them one at the time and feeling you are earning each character and alternate outfits, which I really like. And on itself the game definitely packs a good amount of stuff. I have been playing it for 125 hours and I still haven't got all the stuff I m interested in unlocking.

Wow sounds like a really fun game. I will definitely consider buying it soon. Like I said, I recall seeing the first stage played on YouTube and I thought it looked really fun. Would be a nice one to check out when I get some spare dollas. It would probably be a game I completed all the way through from the looks of it. As I said it looks fun to me. Also Octopath looks to be a really fun game so I'll probably be buying that first. Seems much more my style of game that I enjoy (the DS style games). Would really get a kick out of playing a RPG game like that on my TV. Would be a great experience and very fun to try.

• Meh. I still wont get it. All of my focus is dedicated to buying the Link's Awakening remake.

Hahaha, makes sense. I mean you do have an idea what you will be getting with Link's Awakening, and LA is an full Zelda game., not just a crossover

• Meh. I still wont get it. All of my focus is dedicated to buying the Link's Awakening remake.

Yes I was excited to buy that one as well. I'm into more 3ds style games which is why I wasn't as a fan of breath of the wild as some people. That open world concept isn't as fun in my opinion than it is with the 3ds style games. Seems to be much more enjoyable. How they made pokemon with still keeping the old ways made it one of my favorites. Now that they are doing this with Links Awakening I will definitely probably enjoy playing that. Still Hyrule Warriors seems fun though I just haven't invested the money in it. Too many other games I could buy.