Hyrule Warriors for the Switch

• HyruleWarriors.org just became available
    so I bought it.

I already own HyruleWarriors.com, and HyruleWarriors.net and they redirect to https://zelda.community

• If we have the domains redirecting here, we definitely need to make sure we got a proper section for the franchise then. :XD:
    Although, if I remember correctly you got the first domain long before the game was even created, as in many years prior. I find that pretty funny.

And the game... well, you might like it or not, depending on how you feel about hack and slash. I enjoy it in short bursts. It is satisfying to crush a lot of enemies after a hard day, but some modes can make things quite frustrating in a minute. If the trailers didn't grab you, I don't think you would enjoy it, you pretty much will get what you expect.

If you are curious you could probably get a second hand for the wiiu or 3ds version for a cheaper price and see how you like it.

• I am going little by little away from buying Hyrule Warriors when it is released on the switch. IDK why... It doesn't seem the type of game that I want.

• That's alright. You pretty much get what you see. If you don't like the idea from the trailers and stuff you probably won't enjoy it. It is a Dynasty Warriors with a Zelda skin, really.

I just pre-bought it. Getting over with it since I know I will get it anyway. It's a good way to klll time and relieve stress massacring hordes of enemies.

• What me and atleast 95% of the Zelda fanbase want is

OoT Remastered (Those Unreal reworks of OoT are beautiful)

MM Remastered

TP HD

WW HD

And basically every other Zelda Game on the switch.

• I don't see how this collaboration gets in the way of that.

But I heard you, I definitely would like those High Quality Remasters of past games. I personally root for OoT and MM although I don't think we'd get anything close to those unreal engine fan projects.

• Hyrule Warriors is a great game, and in the end I'll probably buy it again on Switch just to have it in my collection, but I'm really not excited for it at this point.

I already bought it twice - on the WiiU and again on the 3DS - and the Switch game is not adding anything significant. The 3DS version added a lot of new content, but it forced you to play through the entire original game to get to it. By then, I had already played through the original WiiU game multiple times.

At this point, I am really not interested in playing through the same game again.

• Official Post

I'm all for Nintendo porting games to the Switch, but it really sucks if you owned it on previous consoles with no ability to easily migrate your data, or get some kind of discount or credit towards the new one. I didn't own this game before since it doesn't really seem like a game I would want, as Kaynil put it, a Dynasty Warriors with a Zelda skin, but I do own WW HD on the Wii U, and I almost bought TP HD... if I had to REBUY those again (hopefully 'when' and not 'if') they are ported to the Switch, I would be quite annoyed to be forced to pay a full retail price for essentially a game I would be buying for the third time.

That being said, the retail trailer showing off the heroes/skins from OOT and MM hit me in the feels quite hard. The Child Link and Skull Kid looked amazing...

• Official Post

I think if you buy it digital it might let you copy the Wii U digital purchases over, making it unplayable on the Wii U unless you already have a disk copy too (they will get their money out of you.....I bought both disk and digital of TP HD, WW HD and BotW (though I gave the BoTW disk to my neice for her birthday and she loves Zelda)

If ypu do not remember that...it is exactly what Nintendo did between Wii to Wii U (kindof) To upgrade my ALTTP and some other stuff I had to pay a reduced amount on my Wii U to have the game on the main dashboard while the Wii Virtual dashboard had the game copy for free.

So I own for example ALTTP twice on my Wii U...

• I really wish Nintendo would just adopt an account-wide digital game library like everyone else. if I bought it once, I bought it, period. Doesn't matter if it's the Wii, WiiU, DS, 3DS, Switch, or Switch 2.

As for WiiU ports, I am a little more sympathetic in this case than I would be otherwise. The WiiU just did not sell. We're in a very small minority of people who actually bought the console and played the games. They're porting games because they never reached their full sales potential because they were released on a dead console.

I still think that if we bought them digitally then they ought to just move over, no questions asked. But I think asking full retail price for a game that was released on a dead platform before is fair game.

The Switch sold more in a year than the WiiU did in 5 years. It's a completely different situation. The WiiU has alot of great games that would just be lost without being ported.

I think The Wind Waker HD, in particular, is a sad story. It was already released on a platform that did not sell well, and then they re-released it hoping to correct the problem and made it even worse. I would be happy to see The Wind Waker released again to really give it a shot. However, I'm afraid that this time it would be overshadowed by Breath of the Wild.

• Official Post

I still think that if we bought them digitally then they ought to just move over, no questions asked.

Totally agree. I made the big mistake of buying BotW on my Wii U before I had the time to even consider playing it (was too busy). This Christmas my SO and I bought a Switch together and we love it... I asked Nintendo since I own the digital copy if they would consider transferring the license to a Switch version, since it's the same game, and same price. I was flat out told N-O. While I like Nintendo, I feel that their corporate attitude and policies are straight out of the 90s. It's as if they never, ever modernized. Calling their support department felt archaic. I left them some strongly argued thoughts in the feedback email (if that is ever even read or considered, hah).

Needless to say, I bought the game again for Switch... :rolleyes:

• Official Post

I own BotW four times, both physically and digitally on my Wii U and Switch.

I actually have it 3 times now since I gave the physical copy to my neice (Wii U). I wanted physical copies for the day that nintendo takes down the eshop on the Wii U I could still play my games lol.

I have two nintendo switches (never use the other one), but so I can play it on both consoles.

I love BotW so much....my dumbass has a second switch so I can play botw while I play another botw, while I look at my WiiU BotW.

• Official Post

Because im a retard.

I know goddamn good and well they are gonna release a better new switch in a year or so for probably the same price......

• Official Post

Call me what you want if they version the new pokemon game atleast I can keep tradition by playing with myself ;p

It would workout if I wanted to say start with the starters, I could get em all before my first playthrough really starts....

• Official Post

I really wish Nintendo would just adopt an account-wide digital game library like everyone else. if I bought it once, I bought it, period. Doesn't matter if it's the Wii, WiiU, DS, 3DS, Switch, or Switch 2.

This. So much this. We got a NNID now, so I am really hoping they lean this way with it. Or at least concede some golden coins or something. There should be some sort of perk that makes it enticing for people if they expect them to rebuy stuff. They have definetly been pushing the digital buys but the perks have not been that good. At least in Australia many times the eShop price is higher than what I can find in some retails.

I made the big mistake of buying BotW on my Wii U before I had the time to even consider playing it (was too busy). This Christmas my SO and I bought a Switch together and we love it... I asked Nintendo since I own the digital copy if they would consider transferring the license to a Switch version, since it's the same game, and same price. I was flat out told N-O. While I like Nintendo, I feel that their corporate attitude and policies are straight out of the 90s. It's as if they never, ever modernized. Calling their support department felt archaic. I left them some strongly argued thoughts in the feedback email (if that is ever even read or considered, hah).

Needless to say, I bought the game again for Switch... :rolleyes:

I am actually quite surprised that even though you called them directly they just didn't bulge o offer anything at all. It is once not to give it but you'd think that they'll at least consider something. Like I said at least changing it for coins so you could use them to discount the switch version. Anything. Even a crappy offer rather than just flat our refuse like that.

Call me what you want if they version the new pokemon game atleast I can keep tradition by playing with myself ;p

It would workout if I wanted to say start with the starters, I could get em all before my first playthrough really starts....

If it works, it works. I did that with the 3DS, getting each Zelda version I could and a pokemon Game is coming for the switch, so is a question of when. Once a bgetter switch comes, you can trade the one less used to get a discount on the new one.