1. Guest, feel free to chat with us on our official IRC channel via mIRC: irc.northfire.net in #Zelda or by clicking the Chat link on the forums or on the main page.

Ballad of the Champions Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Breath of the Wild' started by Kaynil, Dec 12, 2017.

?

How satisfied are you with the 2nd DLC for BotW?

1. It was way better than expected.

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. It was exactly what I was hoping for.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. It was okay.

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  4. Missed opportunity

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I feel scammed...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Kaynil

Kaynil Well-Known Member

3DS:
    1848-2038-9377
    NNID:
    Kaynil
    SFC:
    SW-0598-4137-8986
    In order to make it easier to talk freely about the second DLC while keeping the spoilers contained, I have created this thread.

So, how are you doing with it?
    Have you finished it yet?
    What are you liking and what do you think could have been done better?

2. Kolle

Kolle New Member

I'm obsessed with Breath of the Wild so I didn't have a doubt in my mind that I wouldn't like The Champions Ballad, however I do want them to continue making DLC for the game. The Champions Ballad was incredible in the sense that it allowed for further development of the Champions (Urbosa is high key the greatest Champion and lowkey one of my new favorite Zelda characters) but there are so many other ideas and elements that can be further introduced. Anouma brought this up briefly too in a recent Podcast with Nintendo Power. He talked about how although it may appear as if Nintendo was cutting further DLC for Breath of the Wild, he still had many ideas for future DLC and was hoping to pitch them to the dev team. I'm pretty sure at this point it just comes down to whether or not we want it. Do we think right now that further DLC is needed? Would it be too large a step and be harmful for BOTW's legacy? (The Master Cycle Zero was a little shaky for people at first but as far as I can tell its been received pretty well.) I'm really not sure. I do desperately want some further explanation as to what the three Guardian Spirits are though (Dragons Dinraal, Naydra, and Farosh) as Anouma hinted at them being the actual Golden Goddesses in the Nintendo Power interview. He essentially said that they wanted to implement Dragons because in Japanese culture the dragon is viewed as the embodiment of a god. I kind of freaked out haha.

• Like (+1) Like (+1) x 1
  3. Link

Link Hero of Time
    webmaster

3DS:
    ‭3368-5725-4601‬
    NNID:
    zeldacavern
    SFC:
    SW-6709-6167-2399
    Nice post @Kolle, and welcome to Zelda Community. I hope you come back.

4. Kolle

Kolle New Member

For sure! I’ve been a longtime fan of the series for years but every time a new game comes out my senses for discussion starting tingling haha.

5. Kaynil

Kaynil Well-Known Member

3DS:
    1848-2038-9377
    NNID:
    Kaynil
    SFC:
    SW-0598-4137-8986
    Awesome to have you around, @Kolle as we surely can do with more fans like you that love to discuss the saga.

I haven't finished the second DLC but anything expanding on the original champions is good news for me. I really want to know more about them.
    THis bit is really interesting. While I wouldn't take it as being the actual 3 Godesses I imagine they would have some conection and more information on this would be really good.
    Regarding your questions while I don't think it is needed, further DLC would be welcome by me, but it has to offer substancial content.