Darkrai Darkurai: Entries of a Dark Heart

• Author's Note:
    Hey there, thanks for passing by to read my work, whether you're just skimming-and-scanning or actually volunteering time to read.

I'll try to make this short: This story was indirectly inspired by the Pokemon Diamond/Pearl series, and by MySpace blogging. I actually had an account created specifically for this Pokemon -- Darkrai, a Dark-type legendary Pokemon from D/P that is obtainable only through a special event, and is at Level 40 when captured -- who would create entries and tell the world of his adventures and stories (he's quite imaginative).
    So, this story is actually more like a blog. But it can still be put into chapters because of the length of some stories, and is told in real time... As of yet, there is no ending. But I know how the story will go, and how it will end, so this isn't a lost project. There will just be instances when I will not be able to update the "blog".

So, day by day, I will possibly update here. Or rather, Darkrai will update here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are the characters, just to give some visuals (click name to view picture):

Darkrai Darkurai - the creator of this journal, he gives his thoughts on the Insignificants ("normal" Pokemon) and the Trainers (those who capture and raise the Pokemon). He loves to create Bad Dreams, also known as NightMares, to those who sleep... a hobby of his.

Cresselia - Darkrai's mortal enemy. She has the power to release the ones afflicted by Darkrai's NightMares from them. She is hated by Darkrai tremendously, but she doesn't seem to show any anger towards him.

Giratina, the Shadow Master - an ally -- or at least acquaintance -- of Darkrai. The two speak via the Messengers (Drifloon and Drifblim) and only meet whenever one invites the other. Giratina can travel between dimensions of the Pokemon world to other places, and will rarely allow anyone to follow him. He is the only other being to possess a Dark Heart rivaling Darkrai's, and is known for his savage nature against those who enter his Turnback Cave unannounced -- Pokemon and Trainer alike.

Master Arceus - the Creator Pokemon, and Master of Darkrai. Arceus has supreme command over all Pokemon and Trainers, and Darkrai obeys his every command, lest he be punished severely. Arceus only summons those he wishes to see, and it is strictly enforced that no one disturbs him. An uninvited visit to the Arceus could mean inevitable doom.

Regigigas, the King of Kings - created by Arceus to separate the supercontinent of Sinnoh back in ancient times, Regigigas can only be awakened when the Three Elemental Kings -- Regirock, Regice, and Registeel -- are assembled together before his Hollow Husk, hidden away in a temple in Snowpoint City. His powers and speed are halved for five turns whence summoned -- five turns, in symbolism of the fifth day on which Arceus created the Trainer race. Regigigas has yet to be revived from his slumbering state.

Spirit of the Forest, Celebi - also known as the Time Traveler and the Guardian of the Forest, Celebi has on more than one occasion come to the help of Pokemon and Trainers. As she is a user of time, she has made a pact with the Time-Ruler Dialga so that she may continue use of time without abusing her powers. Celebi are very rarely seen, and are said to leave eggs wherever they are last seen. What hatches from those eggs remains unknown.

Rotom, the Electric-Ghost - a mischievous Pokemon that was once known in Sinnoh to cause a massive blackout, Rotom was eventually captured and sealed away by Celebi in the Old Chateau, where it awaits the day when a Trainer would come and release it from its prison: a television.

Shaymin - also known as the Gratitude Pokemon. In the past, this Pokemon was said to have caused a major uproar in the Pokecommunity, due to a reckless act of causing a house fire, and an unnatural death. Since then, Shaymin has been living her days secluded from the world, but at ease since a truce with Arceus. She can only be reached when a white stone tablet, sealing her away from the world, is deciphered.

Spiritomb - a Pokemon formed from the vengeful souls of 108 spirits in ancient times, Spiritomb once ravaged the land for its own purposes, and took many lives before its reign was cut short by Arceus. Since then, it has been cursed to live inside Odd Keystones, which are only able to release the Beast when taken to Hallowed Tower. But, compared to the Ancient Ghost it once was, it is now nothing more than a tamable Pokemon...

The She-Darkrai - a mysterious embodiment of the malevolent Darkrai, whom suddenly appeared one night out of thin air after the pact between Darkrai and Giratina was nearly severed. The She-Darkrai is an exact copy of Darkrai, only of the opposite gender. Where did she originate from? And what purpose could she possibly have in Darkrai's world?

Time-Ruler Dialga - the Ruler of Time, Dialga has existed since the first days of Darkrai. It controls time itself, and is never seen outside of its otherworldly dimension, unless Arceus summons it.

Space-Ruler Palkia - the Ruler of Space, Palkia has also existed since Darkrai's birth. It dominates over space, where it literally has endless superiority. It is only seen when summoned by Arceus.

Mesprit, the Being of Emotion - a Pokemon said to have given Trainers and Pokemon the feelings of love and empathy, anyone who tries to harm Mesprit will have their emotions sapped from them, and they will become dull and lifeless for days. Darkrai has little interest in Mesprit as she is everything he is not... though it is rumored that once, a long time ago, Darkrai's Dark Heart had once been opened very briefly by the powers of Mesprit to the feelings of sympathy and compassion...

Uxie, the Being of Knowledge - a Pokemon said to have given Trainers and Pokemon the knowledge needed to survive, Uxie is normally considered an Oracle in the Pokecommunity, as he can predict the futures of anyone who asks him. However, those who approach him with evil intentions will have their minds wiped clean -- anyone who looks into Uxie's eyes suffer from a temporary (or sometimes eternal) amnesia. Arceus has been known to approach Uxie on more than one occasion, to see whether a vision Arceus had long ago will be coming true...

Azelf, the Being of Willpower - a Pokemon said to have given Trainers and Pokemon the will to live and fight, Azelf is generally left alone by others because of his effect: If anyone -- primarily people whose hearts are corrupted -- touches him, they will lose the will to live, and be unable to move. This lasts for a week, or longer. Darkrai has battled with Azelf once in his life, but suffered a terrible defeat. Because of this, Azelf gave Darkrai the will to continue to grow stronger...

Mew - considered the ancestor of all Pokemon, Mew was made by Arceus in order to multiply and evolve into the hundreds of species of Pokemon today. Darkrai, Dialga, Palkia, Cresselia, Giratina, Azelf, Uxie, Mesprit, every other Legendary, and Arceus himself are said to be the only Pokemon not to be descendants of Mew.

Groudon of the Trinity - the Continent Pokemon, Groudon has existed since the World's creation, and was the maker of the super continent of Sinnoh (which was later divided by Regigigas). Groudon is said to have a fierce rivalry with Kyogre, and whenever the two are said to battle, Rayquaza will fly down from the heavens to quell their fighting.

Kyogre of the Trinity - since the dawn of the World's creation, Kyogre has existed. It was said to have made the oceans that exist today. It shares a bitter rivalry with Groudon, but if the two ever fight, they are calmed by Rayquaza. It is also said to somehow be connected to the Prince of the Sea, Manaphy, yet these connections have never been proven.

Rayquaza of the Trinity - the strongest of the Trinity, Rayquaza was created to not only be the maker of the skies, but also to be the peacekeeper of Groudon and Kyogre. It has been around for millions of years, and on rare occasions has been seen flying in the ozone layer, looking like a streaking comet because of its supersonic speeds.

Lugia, the Sea's Great Guardian - originally made to be the sworn protector of the sea, Lugia had also been bestowed the title of the guardian of the Legendary Birds (Zapdos, Moltres and Articuno). It is said Lugia will only appear if the three are endangered, and will serve justice to those whom harmed them.

Ho-oh, the Rainbow Phoenix - made as a covenant between the Trainers and Pokemon in ancient times, Ho-oh also carries with it the title of the guardian of the Legendary Beasts (Raikou, Entei and Suicune). It is said that Ho-oh brings with it an everlasting rainbow, a sign of peace, and that it will only appear before the purest of Trainers as a sign of good luck. However, it will also rarely appear if the Beasts are threatened.

Mewtwo, the Genetic Being - a Pokemon that was the clone of Mew, Mewtwo was created by Team Rocket to serve them and conquer the world. However, the Genetic Being rebelled, destroying their base and fleeing to discover the true meaning of life. Since that time, it was said Team Rocket disbanded due to their loss. Mewtwo is said to be one of the strongest Pokemon alive, and it is because of this that Darkrai has kept a close eye on the Genetic One...

(If any more characters are added, this list will be updated accordingly.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are some Organizations that appear in Darkrai's journal. (List will be updated accordingly if new Organizations arise.)

Team Rocket - a Team once thought disbanded since the days Giovanni left it, Team Rocket is the supposed head of the Organizations and originates in Kanto, yet reports have confirmed they are more active in the Orre and Hoenn regions... but why? And what could they be plotting?

Team Aqua - once a rival team against Team Magma, both have put their differences aside and have joined a massive Organization consisting of various other corrupted Teams. No one knows what they have in store. They currently reside solely in the Hoenn region.

Team Magma - once a rival team against Team Aqua, both have put aside their personal differences and have joined a massive Organization consisting of various other corrupted Teams. No one knows what they have in store. They also reside solely in the Hoenn region.

The Cipher Organization - not much is known about this Team, they have reportedly kidnapped the three Legendary Birds, the three Legendary Beats, Rayquaza, Lugia and Ho-oh... and that, after Ho-oh's freedom, they are led by a man named Greevil... They reside in the Orre region.

Team Go-Rock Squad - never heard of till their supplied notice, Team Go-Rock Squad has apparently joined forces with the other Teams in order to conquer the world. They reside in the Fiore region.

Team Galactic - only being caught out in the open once, this sly Team resides solely in the Sinnoh region... They mention on one of their notices about the fall of Time and Space. Could they be up to something to capture the Time- and Space-Rulers, Dialga and Palkia?

Now please, enjoy.
    Ah, one more thing. Be sure to look at what date the entries are (so not to cause confusion), and if you need to back track, please do so.

DARKRAI DARKURAI: Entries of a Dark Heart

Tuesday 01/05/2007

A Pause...

My first recorded entry...

The days are passing by slowly... Ever so slowly... I await the night of the New Moon, where I can arise in all my lustrous power. So much so, I frighten away all the Insignificants and their Trainers. I mock their pathetic plight, as I do my Mortal Enemy on this night... as she is as weak as a newborn... Cresselia. Oh, such a feud between us! How did it all start? It was so long ago, and yet it clings to me as fresh as if it happened just yester-day...

I was created by my Master, the Arceus. Arceus created the Moon for us, for the planet, so that we could have something to gaze upon those nights we lie awake; something beautiful, majestic, mysterious.
    He created me in the likeness of Evil, as all things have Evil whence they are born... Without it, there would be no meaning to life.
    He then created my sworn Enemy to be the protector of the Evil ones, as it is such, even Evil dies and the Goodness within can control ones destiny...
    I despised her, for being in the more vital role. I was mere Evil -- with powers that could be vanquished as quickly as they are laid upon. So I summoned myself to He... to speak about the levels of power between She and Me. Arceus reconsidered his plans for me... as it is such, Evil and Good must balance the world. So he gave us equal powers -- I would gain powers during the nights of the Waning and New Moon, whilst She would gain powers during the Waxing and Full Moon... such nights I dare not face her; only in secret do I plague the world with my power...

As it is, we are Enemies: I create the Evil, yet she protects those who have the Evil... No. She doesn't protect them, not just. She heals them, cures them of me. I create nightmares... Inexplicable terrors that no one can arise from... but she... She awakens them with a mere Feather. A Lunar Wing... is all that is required.
    But even so, I can return to the victim and mutilate them from within the confines of their Imaginary. But then she will return to the ailing and heal them... The process recycles itself. It is what we were created for. It was what we were destined to do... I would destroy lives with Evil, she would reconstruct those lives again and put them in place... No matter what I do, we cancel each other out...

There will be a day when her powers will no longer be a match for me, where the balance will be broken from whence it was set by my Master. A time where her Feathers will be of no use to her, as my powers are no use to me as of now... during this time of the Full Moon... but soon... Soon, my plan will be underway...

Until then... shall I plague thee with terrors...

*BIG thanks to Shrukan for the Darkrai banner!

BIG thanks to Shrukan for the Darkrai sig and Fan banner thing!!
    -Also known as Stelie (in Relosc), and Steelblast (a Decepticon).-

Quote from Muigi

[Today 01:46 PM] Muigi: Godzilla could kick that beached-whale monster's ass anyday.

• *updated*

The "good one" is probably Cresselia. Yeah, the entries are in a rather confusing format. You'll have to read pretty deeply to know who's who, and what's what (such as "my Master" being Arceus, "my Mortal Enemy; She" with capital "S" being Cresselia, "the Insignificants" being Pokemon, "Trainers" being... Trainers, etc. Darkrai labels everything with a specific name, like the soon-to-show "Shadow Master" Giratina).

Quote from Muigi

[Today 01:46 PM] Muigi: Godzilla could kick that beached-whale monster's ass anyday.

• Thursday 03/05/2007

A Promise...

The night of the Full Moon has come... I have little time to spare now as I will be in hiding... like an injured fox hiding from a hunter.
    It disgusts me.
    I can only think back to my times of old, when I and She were still young, when the Arceus was completing his world, where the Mew was multiplying vastly on the supercontinent of Sinnoh...

They were my only source of pleasure. To manipulate the dreams of others created like me... Only being born through evolution, that is what separates us.
    Then came the creation of the Trainers. They caught us, one by one, enslaving our population. It is said that we were made for them, to be their companions... but what do modern-day theologians on the Pokemon history really know about us?
    The Trainers, they enslaved them. They manipulated them beyond their wills, and instilled in them the thought that they were created by Trainers to serve Trainers as mere playthings: inconsequential, replaceable, correctable. They were slaves... I remember it so clearly. During this time, I was of no use to them. They suffered nightmares without me.

The Arceus strictly prohibited me from infecting the Trainers. But, after so long, the straw broke. I began -- in secret -- the downfall of the Trainers. They pleaded with me, to stop the madness I was outbreaking. It was... satisfaction I received from their vain calls for help from the Arceus. He knew what he had done, my Master. He had created a race that had gone against his will. He only allowed them time, my Master, to amend their mistakes. They never did.
    And even He has a breaking point.
    I continued to ravage the lands of Sinnoh, to bring pain and misery to the Trainers...

Then something happened.

Cresselia, my Mortal Enemy, she began to heal the Trainers. She convinced Arceus that the Trainers were confused, that they had not yet found their place in life and that they needed guidance. Arceus agreed with Her, then once again enforced the rule against Me. Then, after a time of ceasefire between Me and Them, Regigigas came and separated the massive continent of Sinnoh into different parts -- so far as the Trainers know of, there are the Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Orre, and Sinnoh regions, Sinnoh being the birthplace of them all. The Arceus had commanded Regigigas to do so in order to bring peace with the people, and to have them multiply in different lands, as Mew had done by evolution.
    The Arceus then erased the minds of the Trainers and the slave Pokemon in a flood of energy. After that, he rested back in the Hall of Origin... leaving behind an unknown legacy of mortal conflict, and the New Beginning that continues on to this day.

After a time, Kanto and Johto fused into one massive continent, providing to the New Trainers two generations' worth of new creatures to capture. All the continents remain in contact with one another, but some in secret... for holding deadly secrets to the past.
    Regigigas, the divider of the continents, divided into Regirock, Regice, and Registeel: it was a promise of the Arceus, that the continents and its people may never again suffer the same fate they did when they were young. The Regi were sent into Tombs respectively, and if ever collected and brought to the Soulless Husk of the King of Kings, only then would he be reawakened, with half the Strength and half the Speed... momentarily. It takes Five Turns for him to regain his fighting spirit -- symbolizing the Fifth Day, when the Arceus created Trainers, and when they first began their enslavement of... my kind.

...It is during days like this, when my powers are at their weakest, that I remind myself of this story. Arceus spared I, She, Himself, Regigigas, Dialga and Palkia of this period of history's erasing. Giratina was created afterward, from the remnants of the History that were manifested into him. Giratina is nothing more than the Memory of our past, the relationship with the Trainers long forgotten. It is why Giratina acts so savagely to the New Trainers... because they can never measure up to the Evil they once had within them. It is why he is a Renegade... because he is the Evil that turned the Trainers against their supposed creator.
    Giratina is the only power I know of that stands up to my evil will... next to my Master and She.

The Promise was made to save the world from eternal damnation... but... personally... I wouldn't have minded it in the least.

May I continue to plague thee with NightMares and eternal nights...

Quote from Muigi

• Friday 04/05/2007

The Harbor...

I rediscovered something last night, something during my usual routine of NightMares to the Insignificants and their Trainers. Something I hadn't paid a visit to in a long while. It was the abandoned harbor hotel.
    Apparently, it was cursed by a restless spirit. I overheard this rumor while roaming about in the darkness of the streets, and it sparked up my memory during the times when I was younger.
    Two unwary young men -- foolish beings, so careless I could have been following beside them and they wouldn't have seen me -- were conversing about the town Canalave and were pondering its many mysteries, even going so far as to mention my Master's name in such an unruly manner! I dealt with the one who said it later.
    They spoke about the inn strangely, as if it were something... malevolent. It intrigued me. So, I listened on, fasting on my eagerness to cause more pain before I rested tonight...

The inn was built by a sailor about 50 years ago. During this time, underwater species of Pokemon were being discovered, captured, and tested near the canal. I remember those days vaguely... but what I do remember about this era was how the trapped Undersea Creatures never went to sleep, for fear of being disemboweled or other such things.

The inn was originally for the workers of the Sea Port, Canalave's original name and purpose. They brought in their "new discoveries," dashed them upon the decks, then dragged them through a slow process of suffocation and examination. The lives of those Creatures simply lingered in the hands of the ruthless sailors... though the Trainers never meant any harm, they could never see what damage they were doing. Such stupid creatures.

It is starting to come back to me now...

One morning, when I was about to depart for my rest from a great night of Bad Dreams and internal screams for help, I came across the mighty Guardian of the Sea, Lugia. Normally, Lugia would dwell within the waters of Johto and the Orange Islands, traveling up their currents, heightening his power... but he was apparenetly summoned to the Sea Port to deal with the sailors collecting the Undersea Creatures on the request of Kyogre, who was awakened from his slumber by his close relatives, Manaphy and the Phione. Lugia never saw me (as far as I remember), but I do know that he stayed under the water for some time before surfacing... He had such a look of disdain... It matched him so well... Such a beautiful eagerness to avenge those the Trainers had injured... What I remember next was that he summoned a waterspout from under the water to hurl the boat away, giving some time for the sailors to flee in fear, sparing their lives... The spout circled the water twice before lifting higher into the air, then shooting the boat hundreds, maybe even thousands, of miles away... To this day, I don't know where it could have gone. I have heard of a shipwrecked boat in Hoenn... similar in size and shape of the S.S. Anne from Kanto... but I have yet to see it myself.

Ahh, yes, such sweet memories...

How does this tie in with the harbor hotel... From what I heard from the conversing men, the Harbor Inn became haunted by a restless spirit the night the ship was cast away into the Great Beyond... The two men said that there was a possibility one sailor didn't escape the boat, that he had accidentally been flung away with the docked ship and was killed by the freak accident waterspout...

Almost a year later, before I departed for my rest from a great night of Bad Dreams and internal screams for help, I checked the Inn to see if sudden rumors of a haunting of the Harbor Inn were true... and, to this day, my finding remains the same.
    The Inn is haunted by nothing more than the Inn's Manager, whom was exiled from Sinnoh the year he started his Underwater Creature capturing in Sea Port. His men, too, were tried, but because they were unaware of what they were doing their charges were less severe. The Manager took full blame and apologized to mankind for what he had done. His true purpose to capture the Underwater Creatures was to create a black market of Pokemon Fish Meat, a true delicacy in underground organizations that was full of profit, greed, and corruption.
    After his defilement of Sea Port, he was never heard from again. Sea Port was suddenly infested with Trainers, and has since been called Canalave, for the canal where the ship was docked. It is a memory to us... a history that has been quieted over the ages so not to ruin the city's reputation. Eventually, it was nearly forgotten altogether. Only ragged books in the city's Library remain to tell the tale, tucked away in the Study's basement...

How do I know all this? About the Manger, his execution, suddenly everything about him? Let's just say that even ghosts have NightMares...

May you, too, one day suffer a similar fate of Misfortune...

Oh yes... by the way... the man whom used my Master's name... I inflicted his child with the burden of one of my more favorite, powerful NightMares... A small price to pay if you use Arceus's name in defilement.
    Hopefully, Cresselia will awake the child soon... or he will be stuck in his nightmares... forever.....

Quote from Muigi

• ((Hehe, thanks for the comments, Shrukan. :) ))

Saturday 05/05/2007

The Mansion...

I hate Her feminine sympathy for Them.
    Just the night before, she cured the Trainers from their tortures bestowed unto them by me. In a single night! A full night's worth of progress, shattered into nothing more than a waste of My time. Even the child I inflicted has been completely cured. I am beginning to think that my Master supplied her with more power than I whenever her Moon has its phase... and I somewhat weaker during my strongest Phase of the Moon...
    But, there is nothing more I can do than to watch in agony as she heals them with her Luminous Powers. I will have my revenge whence the New Moon arises from the night... leaving the world in a blanket of darkness. But until then, I can only reminisce of My past...

The haunted Mansion in Eterna Forest. How was it created? Who once lived there?
    Mysteries surround this place, as much so as the concealed Canalave Harbor Inn. But I know of its secrets, that Mansion... It was once my home, a long time ago.

The creator was a frenchman, the same Man whom lives on the other side of the Coronet Mountain Divide in his luxurious new mansion, a backyard swarming with Creatures, all of whom become replaced once in a while till he is satisfied with his new swarms of Insignificants.
    The Man created the Eterna Mansion firstly to start up his "swarms." He gathered random amounts of Creatures, then transported them there. It didn't go too well for him, however, as he was under attack by the Spirit of the Forest. Not only that, but a Ghost appeared -- from thin air -- and disrupted his electrical appliances, slowly killing off all his sources of power in his new home. The Spirit of the Forest, the time-traveler Celebi, constantly warned him to flee with mystical powers. Eventually, having had enough of the abuse from the Spirit of the Forest and the electric-afflicting Ghost, he fled his mansion and left it for new inhabitants. He also released all the Creatures he had captured, and they now thrive in the Forest of Eterna.
    The events of the Eterna Mansion died down, and the abaonded mansion eventually became to be called the Old Chateau.
    ...However, even after his leave, the incidents in the mansion didn't cease completely. The electrical-disrupting Ghost moved from the lines of the mansion into Eterna itself, and caused mass power-outages. The chaos spread throughout Sinnoh, as something so small could so easily bring the fall of the Trainers. With Centers, Marts, and Gyms out of commission, this was surely the end of their world. But, as fate would have it, the Spirit of the Forest returned and released the Plague of the Ghost from effecting the world. The Spirit of the Forest caught and trapped the Electric Ghost in a television -- where it would remain until a Trainer found it and released it, available for capture.
    Because of its act of kindess and saving the Sinnoh-humanity, there was a shrine built in dedication to the Spirit of the Forest. This simple Shrine now resides in Celestic Town. From what I heard, it was built by an elderly woman whom also believes in the Legends of my Master and how the Universe was supposedly created...

After trapping the Ghost, I inhabited the Mansion for a time. But, I didn't find it to my liking, so I dismissed it with other Ghosts to infiltrate it. To this day, they still linger there, awaiting anyone unfortunate enough to enter during the Night... as does the snared Ghost of the Television.
    There were two statues I created in that Mansion, both in the likeness of I. But, the frenchman one day returned and stole one of My statues. It now resides in his New Mansion... I plague him to this day, forever onward.

Ahh... The night is approaching now... I must take my leave soon. My powers are beginning to return to me... Soon, I will have Sinnoh again in my grasp...

And you will not be spared...
    Until then...

Quote from Muigi

• Monday 07/05/2007

The Shadow Master...

I can feel the power returning to me day by day... With each passing phase of the Moon, I will be at my full strength in a few mere days. Great is my Master to allow me such a privilage... though I am equal in ability to Her, She means nothing to me. May I one day tap closer into my Dark Heart and smite my Enemy once and for all.

Giratina asked for me recently, through his messengers the Drifloons and Drifblims. They landed on my Island and requested I meet a "mandatory" meeting with him. I didn't bother asking for any more details -- Giratina is a master of secrecy, and surely wouldn't allow any more information other than an invitation to be asked about. So, within the next passing week, I shall meet with him.

I recall once when I first met him, Giratina... He hasn't changed much. No, hasn't changed much at all. Such a devious and rebellious being. I sometimes imagine what my Master must have thought when he created such a sinister basilisk... Sometimes...

The cave was first founded by a Ruin Maniac, as Trainers call them. He had accidentally stumbled upon the area some time ago, when he heard rumors of a hidden "Fourth Lake" of Sinnoh. Of course, I knew about the lake -- and of Giratina -- but I was younger then, and ignorant. I cared not of meeting the Cave's Shadow Master. I simply did as I was inquired to, causing NightMares and wrecking havoc in the simple imaginations of the Insignificants and their Trainers. Because Evil must have its fun in some fashion.
    Eventually, as the rumors spread, the Cave was excavated and announced to the public to be "an archeological revelation." People were allowed to visit the area, and they encountered many species of Creatures to be fought and captured. Sometime later, the surrounding area of the Cave was "a safe and thrilling environment to raise your Pokemon." They were half-right, those Trainers. The Cave itself started out with some higher leveled Creatures, primarily Golbat and Chimecho. However, there was a dense fog... and a strange brick structure just as you enter the cave. It said something about passing 3 rooms in 30. Anyone who dared venture farther than that was never heard from again. Because of this, the cave was then dubbed "Turnback Cave," and Trainers were prohibited from entering it. Of course, there were still some fools who went in... only to suffer a similar fate as the ones before them.
    Because of these mounting losses of dim-witted Trainers, the entire area was eventually shut down, despite complaints and threats from the Trainers themselves. The area was blocked off for ages, being replaced with newly-planted groves and trees. A decade passed, and the Lake -- and its lost adventurers -- were almost completely forgotten.

By this time, I had grown very curious of the Cave. I knew of Giratina, but, as I have mentioned, I had never seen him in person. My Master mentioned him being a renegade... because, as I mentioned a few days ago, he was created from the sins of the Trainers and Creatures. I was prepared for anything.
    On one of my free nights, after causing a little terror, I detoured my normal route to Veilstone and entered the Cave.
    It was foggy... A dense blanket of gray was everywhere. Even I had some trouble navigating inside it. But, I was fortunate enough to figure out the puzzling brick structure's message: In order to reach the Final Room where the Shadow Master lay, you must pass three symmetrical rooms... lest you perish whence hitting 30 rooms before passing the 3 of them. In order to do this, you must Smash the rocks that don't belong, thus "transforming" the room and changing its direction. Whenever you made the rocks alike on both sides of the room, you could continue. If you didn't do this, you would pass a room -- but it would not be counted as BEING a room passed. It was... more or less a turn-based game. I enjoyed it, though it was simple enough to figure out.
    Finally, after some trial and error, I reached the Final Room. And before me stood a magnificent, six-legged Beast, described in every detail as my Master had once told me. His glowing, bloody eyes didn't blink as he examined me. I did the same during our time of silence. Somehow, we connected on a certain level of Evil. It could be that my Master implimented this in him and I so that whenever we met, we would know that both our intentions towards Trainers and their Insignificants would be the same.
    Giratina was a remarkable creature. I still remember shuddering in delight as I felt his shadowy aura surround me... Such a powerful, evil thing. Though, of course, he is no match against My Evil.
    Giratina asked of my intentions for being in his Cave. I answered by stating I had only been curious in seeing the Shadow Master, the fabled creature of my Master. Giratina then remembered me as he, too, had been briefed by my Master about the other Legendaries in Sinnoh, Kanto, and other such places. He didn't mind my stay, Giratina, but he threatened that if I were to ever approach him again -- unannounced -- I would pay the consequences, with or without my Master's permission. I accepted this with pleasure. Maybe one day I will break that challenge, just to see which one of us is the stronger...
    Since then, Giratina would only request for me via messengers. And that trend remains unbroken.

I could only imagine what he could be calling me for within this passing week... The last times, it was only for conversation with the outside world, and whether or not the Cave was remembered, or if our Master had any plans. This time, it feels... different. A different kind of invitation. I will enjoy this, no doubt.

I will also enjoy the night I come to petrify thee in thy dreams...
    Farewell...

Quote from Muigi

• Wednesday 09/05/2007

A Problem...

Shadow Master Giratina called for me recently, saying my attendance was mandatory. So, I skipped a night's worth of fun and went to see him in the dead of the night.
    When I arrived, he was very displeased. He frequently questioned my whereabouts, and throughout the conversation I hardly had a say-so in any matter he brought up.
    Where were you the week before...
    What night was it you where there...
    And what about there...

I answered honestly and reverently, as it is such, Evil is a cunning, devious beast. But my charm had no effect on the troubled Shadow Beast, and, after a series of skeptical glances and suspicious questions, he sent me on my way... with a threat, stating that if I ever went into his cave "again," he would find me on my fair Newmoon Island and... do away with me.

I have always found Giratina to be a noble creature, with an evil far surpassing that of the Trainers, a power and Evil soul rivaling mine. Now he appears to have lost all thought... What would I want with him during nights I am busy with my work? NightMares, screams, those terrible cries for mercy... They are all too delectable to miss out. He knows that. But then, why question me on the matter?

I have been framed. That is the only logical reason behind all this. Someone... something... has put me under the darker side of Giratina, a side I would rather not deal with (as tempting as it is to test him). Maybe She has something to do with this........ No. Not Her. She is far too straightforward to pull off something like this, especially against me... considering we live on neighboring islands. Why try this now, of all times? So many years of rivalry, and She would dare challenge me? Not Cresselia, no... I know Her well enough to see that She cares far more about the Insignificants and their Trainers I curse than I. Not only that, She was born to heal... not destroy. She has no dark side to her. It is all nothing but feminine compassion. It's nauseating just to think about it...

But...

On the topic at hand... who do I know of that could have done this to me? There is nothing so Evil to pull off something like this... unless it was either Myself, or Giratina (which I dare say isn't so). I should see my Master on this ordeal... He knows about everything that goes on here in the World...

I just have to remember where I hid the Azure Flute...

You may have been spared for one night... but I will return to full force soon... Very soon... The day of the New Moon slowly approaches......

Quote from Muigi

• ((Thanks. :) ))

Thursday 10/05/2007

The Mansion: Truth...

I had my short-lived visit with Master Arceus the other night. He briefed me on the incident, but had no information available for me at the moment.
    This... treachery... has me on the edge. I must find out who did this. Or else Shadow Master Giratina will have my hide... Unlikely, of course, as I will have his whence we duel... IF we duel...
    After our meeting, I went out for a full night's worth of more Bad Dreams, and it helped cool my tense nerves... But I cannot remain this way forever... The criminal shall be caught by my hand, and eternally cursed. I swear to it.

Now... a story that has been bothering me since the sun arose.
    It deals with the Forest Manor... the Haunted Mansion of Eterna... the Old Chateau. Whichever you please to call it, I care not. Only... I will be referring to it as the Forest Manor.
    I have told the story... of its past. How it came to be.
    Built by the man in Sinnoh.
    Abused by the Spirit of the Forest and the Ghost.
    Left to whomever pleases to infest it.
    A simple tale of trial and error, of forgotten memories, of broken futures. But I was never able to truly tell what happened there... why it is abandoned to this day. Because, you see, even before I had the chance to live within it, however short it was... another family had dwelled there.

After leaving the northwest side of Sinnoh and moving more southeast of the Mountains of Coronet, a wealthy family bought the house. By this time, the Spirit of the Forest had vanished into another past, another present, another future... and the Ghost had gone idle into its television, only looking through its prison during the night. (It never bothered the family -- they weren't Trainers, so it couldn't escape either way.)
    The family grew fond of the place, and constructed more rooms on the top floor: all for each of their individual children. I think there was five of them. It was dubbed the "Children's Hall." To the east and west quarters on the second floor of the house were two more rooms: the west one was a storage, and the east was the parents'. Near the Lobby, under where two stairways joined, they had a specially-made dining room: there was an enormous table, spread about the length of a juvenile Wailord, with dozens of antique-like chairs tucked under the waist of it. Behind it was where the breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, desserts... all food preparation was made here. At the end quarters of the table, there was a picture of the family, to remind them to always remain happy for how they had prospered over the years. (Frankly, I was never fond of that picture.)
    After about a month of preparation, the Forest Manor's original owner -- now a fatter, still nowhere near as wise man -- had come for a visit to view the renevations of the house. He congratulated the family for their work, and was gone in a hurry... The family thought little of it.
    Time passed, and the family had another child. A female, if I'm correct. She was kept in her parents' room for a while, then, when she was about a year old, was moved into an older sister's room. The fourth room of the Children's Hall.
    Time continued to flow, and I would regularly pass by the house to haunt the dreams of the children and their parents... However, I was ultimately stopped by the Spirit of the Forest, whom watched over the family. I assure you, the Spirit of the Forest is not as weak as She looks. I continued to pass the house, to see if the Spirit ever left it... But, of course, that was never going to happen... or so I thought. Months later, I subtracted the house from my visiting list and moved on to bigger prey...

At about four years old, the child -- the new girl -- was already walking, and talking quite well I might add. By now, three of the six children had moved out of the house: the eldest, a young man, moved on somewhere in Johto... Where was it? His profession was to make Pokeballs for trainers. His name has slipped my mind, however. It's been so long. The two older sisters went to Kanto somewhere, to become models or something like that. All that remained was the father, the mother, an older brother, and the two room-sharing sisters.

On one night, a night that has engraved itself into Our history that only the Pokemon can pass, a curious green Creature wandered into the house. How it got in is a mystery to everyone but it.
    During this time, the Parents and the last brother of the house had gone off into Jubilife for some supplies and would be back by first sunlight. As fate would have it, things wouldn't turn out so well...
    The green Creature crawled about the house, sniffing around, navigating through the dark. During this point, the older sister was downstairs preparing a meal for her and her younger sibling, whom was up in her room playing.
    It has been said what the Creature did, but no one knows for sure what happened next exactly. All I know is the more true portion of the tale, that is passed down to this day.
    From what was said, the Creature fell asleep inside a flower pot with a miniature green palm tree. The older sister, as she was preparing her meal, went out for a moment to check on her younger sister. She startled the sleeping Creature, but she did not see it as she was in such a hurry. The Creature, smelling the aroma of food, crawled into the kitchen and -- somehow -- made it onto the counter. Then, after nearly burning itself next to the stove, it jumped off... only to bring along with it the pan of food. The food scattered, and so did the Creature. It tried to race out of the room, and as it did, it caused an explosion of overgrowth to crack through the tiles of the floor. The overgrowth, a self-defense mechanism of the Creature, worked its way up to the counter, where the vines burned on the pan and the stovetop. A fire erupted shortly after.

...As I have noted, this is all from word passed down through the years. And this is what I have been told, or what I have overheard.

Upon the Creature's leave, the fire had already engulfed half the kitchen area. The older sister raced back down to see the fire blazing upward, and she screamed at her mistake. Not for leaving the food unattended, not for starting the fire, no... her mistake was leaving behind her sister. Because right above the kitchen area was where the Children's Hall resided. By the time she arrived, some of the rooms were already being burnt. The younger sister was still in her room, but was trapped by the licking flames and some falling pieces of wood. The older sister cried out, but could do nothing to help her. The smoke was suffocating... the fire so hot, too hot to go near... and the littlest one was trapped in between both... It engulfed the room completely.
    And, it was here that the Spirit of the Forest came to their aid after time traveling, but it was far too late. In a last attempt, She put out the fire with her Psychic powers.

Private Investigators were all over the house. The police, fire men, and some ambulances had already arrived by the time the Parents and male sibling returned.
    The older sister was rushed to a hospital, where she was treated for her burns. The younger sister... had not had such a fortunate fate. The room where she resided had already collapsed, but there was no body to be found. She simply disappeared...

It was judged, and the cause of the fire remained forever a mystery to them. The older sister was released to her family, whom embraced her again. They blamed her not for the incident, only themselves for not being there.
    When the house was again accessible, they rebuilt the youngest child's room... and put a picture of her in there.
    Miraculously, somehow the rest of the house had not burned down (except for one or two charred rooms). It was as if something had put it out without the damage spreading... Of course, the Spirit of the Forest was behind this, but no one came to figure this out...
    Till this day, that is how the story has been passed...

But what happened to the girl, truly?
    What about the Green Creature?
    The family?

The green Creature, it turned out, was the only one of its kind -- Shaymin. Because of this devious act of foolishness, Arceus banned Shaymin to an island where She would live out the rest of her days... until someone were to decipher a message engraved in a white tablet miles away from Her prison. (She was given the name Shaymin due to her shy nature -- and also her shame, for her foolish act and being secluded from the rest of the world).

The family, too, lived rather secluded from the world, though the eldest brother remained in Johto to continue his profession. He's still alive, if I'm correct... The mother and father have passed by this time.

As for the girl...

A few months after the Forest Manor's destruction, the Spirit of the Forest allowed me into the house. I dwelled there for some time, making it my new private home away from Newmoon. However, it didn't please me enough. After installing two statues of my likeness (and having one of them thieved from me by that foolish Forest Manor owner), I deserted the place... because of one minor problem.
    In the Children's Hall, in the fourth room, there hang a picture... the picture of that little girl... and living within the picture was the spirit of the child. She continued to call out to me, day by day, as I stood in that wretched house....
    What is your name...
    Darkrai, where is my mommy...
    Where is my daddy...
    Where is everyone...

I couldn't stand it. I left her to be alone with the Ghost, and I gave the Forest Manor to the other ghosts. They don't seem to mind her presence.

Yes, her pitiful cries are an enjoyment to me... but even I have a breaking point. It became from a pleasure to an annoyance I could no longer stand. I don't bother going around that house anymore.

I have no sympathy for that family... It only shows how foolish these mortals are, compared to Us. Nor do I feel any remorse for Shaymin. She knew better than to go into Trainer's homes. If it weren't for her causing that overgrowth... of flowers...

Ahh, the New Moon slowly approaches... The Full Moon dies into darkness...
    I will soon have thee in my grasp again...

Oh...
    The eldest brother, his name just came to me... Kurt... He makes custom Pokeballs in Johto...
    It's amazing how much I remember. I flaunt my long-term memory prowess occassionally... To Master Arceus, do I give my thanks for it. So merciful a master...

And you will be praying for mercy whence I smite thee with inescapable NightMares...
    Until then...

Quote from Muigi

• ((Actually, yes. There's a certain trick you have to do to "activate" it... Make sure to have a Cut-er and some Repels while your at it!

Go to the Old Chateau, located in Eterna Forest (to the left of Eterna City, of course).
    Once inside, head upstairs to the second floor... There are three entrances, one to the left, middle, and right. Go to the one in the middle.
    Now you should be in a hallway with 5 rooms. Go to the 4th room, or the 2nd to the last room on the right side of the hall.
    In this room, there should be a picture with glowing red eyes. Approach the picture... When the picture has "activated" (you'll know when), exit the room.
    From there, go back in and out of the room. And keep your eyes on the right side of the screen, in the barren room beside you...

Oh, and just as an extra, take a look at the eyes of the picture whenever you go into the rooms to the right and left of it...

Enjoy.))

Friday 11/05/2007

The Wait...

I have no stories with which to tell.

I had a wondrous time yester-night! I haven't felt so... alive... in eons. The Trainer's precious screams... their kicking and flailing in their beds... So horrific. So heart-wrenchingly satisfying...
    By now, She should have cured them again. But it's of no consequence. I shall continue my reign over the Trainer and Insignificant races alike, until either one of us -- She or I -- falls to our knees. I will triumph! Cresselia will be no more than a splinter plucked from my side! She is all that stands between Me and the world with which I terrorize... I shall stretch my hands over the oceans, towards Kanto, Johto... towards Hoenn, Orre... All the continents of the Planet will be under seige by Me.
    Unless... my master Arceus says otherwise. But I know my Master. He is merciful... so merciful... He knows why I live, and He knew the consequences should She or I fail to continue our duties. Let it be ailing, surrender, or capture, that is when our duties will end.

Should I ever be replaced whence my time here comes to a close? Will that time ever come? I have yet to see a Legend give in to the pressures of time... to the beckoning of the Netherplace, where Giratina so closely resides...
    I have yet to see such a replacement.

As of the moment, I also have yet to see My perpetrator. Whomever it is... I will find it during the night of the New Moon. Yes... When my power is at its peak, I will start my search. My senses are most keen on such a night as that... Just a mere two-week period left... and no more of it.

And when that time comes, I will haunt thee in thy sanctuary of imagination, where dreams are so easily penetrated by my Dark Essence...
    Farewell...

Quote from Muigi

• ((Today's entry is unique. It comes in two waves, and I'll have the second one up later.))

Monday 14/05/2007
    @12:51am

The Messengers...

It has been a while since this last happened.
    I encountered my Rival, Cresselia, whilst moving on through my usual route. We never spoke a word to each other. My hands quivered in excitement; it was an almost unbearable feeling just to shoot Her down, especially during the Nights where I am gaining power. She noticed whom I was and paused, levitating in Her spot for only a moment. But then, She silently whisked by me as if I did not exist.
    Her strange action could be due to the Bad Dreams I had already inflicted upon several Trainers earlier. Her life is about saving Them, and seeing Them suffer is something She would rather not want. But to meet me during such a night... It would have ultimately been consequential in her case.
    I wonder not on the ordeal. I simply go where I am intended to go, into the Dreams of the Trainers and their Companions... to cause more pain, suffering, chaos... in a realm where no one -- but I -- can reach.

After the night was finished, I returned to my humble Newmoon for a day's rest. By now, the Drifloon and Drifblim were awaiting me. You see, whenever the night passes into day, the Messengers as they are called go to Her's and Mine's homes and await orders from us, because We would have no way of summoning them. So... they summon themselves, by order of master Arceus. It has been a continuing trend... like the pact between Giratina and I, which has been so abruptly broken by an unknown one...

The Messengers first started appearing after the first natural deaths in the World. The Spirits of the Deceased were restless. They did not want to live forever in either the Above nor the Netherplace. To avoid this, they are given two choices: One is to either go to the Above or the Netherplace, depending on the deeds you have done in your life: positive, you go to the Above; negative, you are sent to the Below, the Netherplace... The other choice is to become a messenger for others, to eternally serve the needs of those who require long-distance partners to far away lands. To eternally be a messenger... to forever serve the needs of others. It may sound like a choice one can easily regret. But, whenever you've been recruited into the Group of Messengers, your mind is erased and your entire being is transformed. You become a Pokemon -- whether you were once Trainer or another type of Pokemon, it matters not. Your life is to send messages across the world, and to keep your route for as long as you live.... unless you are captured, which often happens, especially on the sixth day of the week, Friday. However, only one Drifloon or Drifblim is allowed to be captured every Friday, and they are normally sent to Sinnoh... to a Windworks Factory, to await capture. This can sometimes draw numerous crowds. However, recently, Drifloon- and Drifblim-training Trainers have been giving away the Eggs to awaiting Trainers, so the problem has long since dissolved.
    The Messengers carry their messages through Word of Mouth -- whatever is said by the actual Messenger has to be entirely memorized, however long it is. I've heard tales of Drifloons and Drifblims that have completely remembered messages that took almost a week's worth to say. I believe such messages come from gossip, or news to television studios in larger cities in the World.
    The key is to their empty minds. As their names suggest, they are like balloons -- you fill them with air, and when the air is expelled, you can fill it again. The words fill their empty minds (they have more than enough space to store), then whenever they finish their messages, they lose all thought of it and go off to be restored again by words.

Strange creatures, those Messengers... You can see them almost as commonly as Wingull now. They always stay somewhere in the clouds, hidden away from spotting Trainers, above storms, and anything else that could be life-threatening on the ground to prevent them from completing their task... I have yet to hear of a Messenger that has failed to accomplish a mission.

Now, the Drifloons and Drifblims before me are waiting for me to choose. I pick one of them, and send off the others. Whichever one I pick carries my message to whomever I please... To the ends of the Earth, to the gates of the Netherplace. It is their mission.

Now, I choose one... A Drifloon this time... to carry a message for me. To Shadow Master Giratina. I will request a meeting with him, dealing with Our contract that has yet to be broken... though this time, I will be the one inviting him.

Until that time, may I seize thee in my grasp, to forever Torment... until the mind reels with the occurance of Death, and the eternal Slumber...

~~~~~~~

Monday 14/05/2007
    @10:45pm

The Unknown...

Earlier... I called for Shadow Master Giratina to my beloved Newmoon. As I suspected, he was far from obliged to accepting my invitation, but he did so none the less...

We met that following evening. I awaited him patiently... I could feel his energy traveling over the ocean, towards my residence.
    He appeared before me in a whisp of black air, his aura deepening, swirling, then disappearing. He had arrived in secret -- no one was to be aware of his presence here.
    I started our conversation in the usual manner. How are things at Turnback... Any suspicious activity as of late...
    Then I asked. About the night when I supposedly entered Turnback. He glared at me, that Giratina. It was apparent he had not forgiven "me" of the incident. I wonder why he is so strict on the matter...
    Whence he had finished some rageful sentences, I told him about my visit to master Arceus, and informed him that the Original One had no information for me... but that he was aware of the situation. Giratina did not say anything. His eyes were a deep crimson and it was difficult to extinguish hatred from belief. But, eventually, he accepted the answer and snorted, displeased. He was not so much upset for blaming me for the incident, oh no. It was the fact that he was fooled -- he had been played with. It could have been possible, I stated, that whomever entered his cave was trying to break the current relationship I had with the Shadow Master. I don't understand why he or she would do such a thing, especially against the Shadow Beast and I.
    Giratina nodded as his response, adding on the fact that whomever it was that entered the cave must have been a shiftshaper -- because it has the same dark form and essense of I. This was quite the shock to me, as I haven't come across anything with an Evil matching my own. The only Creatures both the Basilisk and I know of to transform are Ditto and Mew... but what would those simple Creatures want with us? And now, of all times? It could have been possible that I had afflicted a certain Creature with a NightMare, and they swore revenge against me... How foolish! If this is true, I swear unto the master's cross that I shall never leave the one be! Damned are those who follow it!

Giratina and I had more discussion after that, simply accepting the fact that neither was in the wrong, and only talking about any rumors that had been afloat since the incident.
    Then Giratina mentioned Her.
    He said that She -- Cresselia, my Mortal Enemy -- had been in an off schedule as of late. Such reports come from the wandering Ghosts of the night, whom noticed Her skimming the skies in search. Whatever She could be searching for, it matters to me not. However, it does spark my curiosity. My Mortal Enemy, acting so strangely since the day I had been framed... She could have some possible connection to the ordeal. But, for now, I shall have to wait and see.
    Giratina left without another word of the ordeal, only saying that if I wanted to find out about Her, it would be in my best interest -- and my best interest only -- to summon Her to my island. I scowled at the thought! Having Her infect my island with her presence? It's treason! I would never be caught dead with Her in my sight!
    ...But, maybe I am being too naive about it. Such a serious situation, and all I can do is complain without action. I am Darkrai Darkurai, the Pitch-Black Prince of Evil! The time of the New Moon draws near, and I still haven't found the criminal of Giratina and I, whom almost so foiled our beloved companionship.

...It could be... in my best interest to summon Her. It's not that I am interested in anything else She has to share, definately not. But I must... be becoming so desperate as to call to her. To sound like a begging dog waiting to be put out of its misery... It truly is disgraceful.
    But She might know something. She might. And if She does, the information could help me capture and punish this new adversary!
    It isn't as if I am forming a companionship with Her. She is but a splinter in the side now. Her powers are weakening by the days' passings... I will be at nearly full strength by the time She arrives to me. She will be begging for mercy...
    Don't kill me...
    Darkrai, show me mercy...
    Please...
    I beg of thee...

How I so wish to hear these words from Her mouth! I will ruthlessly destroy her, on my on inhabitance...

But where would the honor be in that? To kill Her when I am at full strength... I have always dreamed about annihilating Her when the New Moon and Full Moon are halved... so that our powers are truly equal. A duel, lasting whenever a failure is proclaimed! Yes... That is how I have invisioned it...

I shall wait until that day to smite Her from the face of this pitiful planet. For now... I will just summon Her... Yes. Summon her... like a slave to the master, when the slave's strength has nearly depleted... It pleases me to hear that.

I will return in one night's time with anything. Perhaps I will extract something useful from Her for once in Our lives.
    It matters to me not either way.

Until then...

Quote from Muigi

• Tuesday 15/05/2007

The Discovery...

On the night before the New Moon, the day when I make my Rise to Power... I met with my most Mortal of Enemies. Cresselia.

She flies into my home the day after She is... called to. We meet in secret. No one was to know of our existance that night, as I strictly ordered the Drifloons and Drifblims carrying the message to Her to never utter a word to anyone about My request -- though I'm sure they have no more knowledge of it, just as an unwary Trainer being stalked by an invisible ghost would be.

She knew what I would ask; She responded without hesitation, not pointing out anything dealing with Me calling Her to my island. It didn't strike Her as strange in the least. In fact, one might say that She was... comfortable... with the environment, as if She had been here before...
    What She told me was of no surprise: She was fulfilling the role She was made to do. Cure the Trainers and Insignificants of my deadly NightMares and Bad Dreams... Simply doing Her sole purpose in life.
    I didn't buy such a thoughtless explanation.
    I demanded Her to tell me everything She knew about My perpetrator. Being a wanderer of the night as I, She must have come across something... anything... that night.
    She only looked at me, almost in a pleading manner. I wasn't sure what She meant by that -- I still do not understand it, even now. Whether She was pleading for Her life because of my rising anger... or just because of the fact that She knew the truth all along... I still do not know. I prefer to think She was scared of losing Her life to me... but it is hopeless to deny what was shown before me. Because after She stood silent for that moment -- a mere moment in time -- She explained everything She knew.

It started the night I was framed. She had caught sight of an Evil Entity's aura -- much like my own -- entering Turnback Cave. Cresselia knew of my Pact with Giratina, and She knew I would not break it, though She was unsure whether it was me or not. She continued her night's work without so much as a second thought...
    The following day, She heard of my problem, and suspected that whomever it was that entered Turnback Cave was definately not me, knowing the noble and cunning Beast that I am. So, She went to investigate the situation... out of her sympathy for me, I suppose, which I find disgusting... during the Morning Hours. It was unusual for Her to do such a thing, travel in broad daylight where She could be so easily spotted and captured.
    The night came sooner than expected, and She was lost with clues. There was nothing on this Dark Entity -- all She had was picked up the sense of its aura. Eventually, after traveling long enough, She cured the Trainers and Insignificants and went home.
    Eventually, the night came when She tried again. And that was the night She ran into me, mistaking me for the perpetrator because of My similar Aura to its. Knowing full-well how I would react, She pretended to continue Her route, just so I wouldn't catch on to Her new behavior. The night ended, but She pressed on till midday, where She gave up her search...
    Before dusk, She tried once more. During these hours, the gossip among the Ghosts had picked up (as they fear Her Feminine Goodness) and they told the information to Giratina. Giratina knew of Cresselia -- he was on no good nor bad terms with Her, really -- but he knew of Her daily schedule and kept this in mind.
    She found something after the dusk hour had ended. A cave, tucked away near the base of Coronet, and hidden in Shadows. She found it was because She could sense an Entity residing inside. The Aura which matched mine.

And what She told me next astonished me.

She found... Me.

Of all Creatures, dwelling in a cave! She found Me... supposedly sleeping with the surrounding Darkness. Though She found it as very odd for me to sleep during the night, She left it be.
    Later, She caught eye of me doing my usual routine, just as alive and awake as I normally am during these times. So She returned to the cave but for a moment -- and found it was empty. Whomever was in there before had surely left after Cresselia's first entrance. Since then, Cresselia has been keeping an eye on the cave for the return of the Creature whom lurks there, but has been unsuccessful.
    After that, I called for Her to my island, and it is now where our past meets present.
    She left me to soak the information told, saying that everything She said was complete in truth and She had left nothing out. Then, with the whistling of the wind and the chiming of her Crescents, She ascended into the air and went back to her Fullmoon.

I do not understand it. It is unbelievable! A Creature? The same as I? There is no possible way a Ditto could shift itself into me exactly... There is always a flaw in their designs... But Me! She was sure of it! There were no lies in Her tale.
    It isn't that I am frightened of this Truth, as strange and unbelievable as it is. It is just coming to grips with it, that something would have the NERVE to be me, and then try and shatter my pact with Shadow Master Giratina... It is a very bold and evil deed, possibly something I would do had I been a Ditto with a Black Heart... But for a Ditto to try and overthrow my status! It is unacceptable.

Tonight, when the New Moon arises and I am at my strongest... I will find this Creature. And I will have my revenge on it for ever taking My name in vain!

Ahh, yes...
    The New Moon draws so near tonight...
    I cannot wait to feast...
    So horrid plans do I have for thee first... before the Creature suffers...

Quote from Muigi