Bjd dolls should be inexpensive

• I suspect there's a little economics of scale here (they're a niche product, so they get manufactured in small batches, and small batches are more expensive than big ones), as well as a preying upon commodity fetishism. The more expensive they are, the more people value them.

I used to work at company that manufactured water cooling blocks, and we sold a coolant liquid that was formulated & tested specifically to work with our equipment. The coolant was 98% water, so we sold it for something like $4 per bottle. Because it was so cheap, people assumed it was low quality, so they often bought their coolant elsewhere. (And, often, that coolant had chemical in it that were corrosive when used with our equipment).

So we raised the price of our coolant to $15, and it started selling much better, because people perceived it as more valuable, even though it was still the same 98% water solution it had always been.

• I suspect there's a little economics of scale here (they're a niche product, so they get manufactured in small batches, and small batches are more expensive than big ones), as well as a preying upon commodity fetishism. The more expensive they are, the more people value them.

I used to work at company that manufactured water cooling blocks, and we sold a coolant liquid that was formulated & tested specifically to work with our equipment. The coolant was 98% water, so we sold it for something like $4 per bottle. Because it was so cheap, people assumed it was low quality, so they often bought their coolant elsewhere. (And, often, that coolant had chemical in it that were corrosive when used with our equipment).

So we raised the price of our coolant to $15, and it started selling much better, because people perceived it as more valuable, even though it was still the same 98% water solution it had always been.

Oh my you are right.

I didn't think of it that way...