Posts by Steelia

Username: Steelia
    Other alias(es): BG2.0, Bowser_guy
    Reason for being here: Do I really need a reason?
    Dislikes: Crowds.
    Other information: I came across this site after finding zeldatemple.net, so I figured "Why not?". I guess this answers my "Reason for being here," to an extent.

There you go.

After I finished up Ocarina of Time, I went to this one... and I must say that this is my favorite Zelda game thus far.
    The game's style is completely different -- cel shading. You don't see that every day.
    The game play is simple, but riding a boat everywhere and changing the wind's direction can become a little boring/frustrating/sea-sickening.
    But what stood out most of all was the characterization and plot. I simply ADORE this game's characterizing and plotting. When you're nearing the end, you feel completely ensnared in the plot, and are wanting to know what happens next. All I know is that whenever I reached *a certain part near the end, so not to spoil*, I couldn't put my controller down. I just had to know what happened next.
    I'm big on plots. But I'm even bigger when it comes down to characters, and this game had it all. Every person was unique in their own way, reacted differently to different things, even helped you during certain situations unexpectedly. There were many twists and turns -- you think you know a person. And even at the end, I felt pity for Ganondorf. You come to realize he was a psycho, yes, but at the same time that he was only a living being, and even he fails like we do. Perhaps it was the realization of his failure that made me realize he, too, could be conquered.

Awesome game, but I would recommend Ocarina of Time first so those who are new to the Zelda universe can connect with the "Hero of Time" more so.

My favorite game of all time is ********* ********. :)

Other than that, I also love the Super Smash Bros. series, and the Godzilla series. Fighters in general, really, except Mortal Kombat. Too many flawed methods to win, and too many combos to remember (like DBZ series... at least this game lets you fly around and have more freedom, instead of having you confined in a circular stage). KISS method, please: Keep It Simple Stupid.

Has anyone else noticed how Pikachu's getting the short end of the stick here?

In the first trailer, he's hardly shown at all (and is the ONLY ONE of the FOUR first introduced Smashers -- Mario, Link, Kirby, and Pikachu -- to NOT introduce his Final Smash). And in the second trailer, while everyone else is showing off their moves, what does Pikachu do? Jump and crawl. Lovely, Pika. SHOW US THUNDER ALREADY!! And now this... they make his move look pathetic, compared to the previous entries that actually HIT their opponents and looked like they delivered massive damage.

Oh, well. At least there are daily updates, and they showed his Final Smash.
    And they showed Groudon. Love that update. (I accidentally thought he was a playable character for a moment. XD )