The Modern Rebel - More Old Stuff

• I was re-searching my precious archives and found this: a story I began and never finished. It never got too good, but I think I'm gonna continue it. (And Shrukeshruke, that might mean some double posting so if it's not okay, give me a ring. Or that weird Doo DAAA thing on MSN.

The Modern Rebel
    written by Jack 'Link' Friendt (combined all three names there, see. hehehe...)

It was cold. Late at night. The room was pitch black. He heard the crashing sound of a rock going through a window. He turned around swiftly, surprised. There was a man behind him, holding a dagger. The man ran towards the poor creature, and pinned him on the ground. The attacker had him stuggling on the ground, and brought his hand down. The victim felt a sharp pain in his chest, then felt a wet feeling beginning to rise. Blood was spurting crazily out of his chest. He was slowly starting to die, and the last thing he saw was the murderer jumping out the window, making his escape.

The next morning, Dimitri Rose was startled. He awoke to the sound of bells and sirens outside of his house. Policemen came up to his room, heavily armed. "There's no way to escape!" they yelled at him. He had no clue what they were talking about, but the took him into custody. He had trial right away.

They entered the courtroom, and Dimitri felt a sheer freezing sensatino as the audience and jury gave him the coldest stare he'd ever endured.

The date was November 3, 1756. This is the story of Dimitri Rose, and his adventures in life.

"And we now begin the murder of Samuel Fregria. Against the defendent, Dimitri Rose," the judge said. Dimitri had no clue what was going on. He had just gotten out of college. It certainly didn't look like it; he wasn't short, but was not tall by any means.
    "Dimitri Rose, you are accused of the murder of Samuel Fregria. How do you plead?" the judge asked.
    Dimitri started the sweat. "Who is Samuel Fregria-"
    "Answer the question!" the judge yelled.
    "Not guilty I suppose," Dimitri replied. "All right. May the first witness please come ot the stand!" No one came. No one knew Samuel Fregria; he was an old man who lived by himself in a farm-house. "This isn't good. He hadn't much of a record legally," the judge said. "We cannot prove if the defendant is guilty or innocent, so we shall place him in prison until further notice!"

Dimitri sighed, "Dammit! I have done nothing!" After awhile, Dimitri didn't care about them anymore. It may not have been proven whether he had been the murderer or not, but the press decided otherwise. Dimitri was soon the most hated person in the world, a horrible terrorist. Dimitri had escaped the next day, and went into hiding. The real murderer was on the loose, and killed many, many people.
    On the run, Dimitri learned how to fight because of countless times escaping the police.
    One day, he came upon a secret place no one had ever discovered, and no one ever did again. It was a cave with a giant crystal, which looked very mystical. He looked deep into it, and saw something white approaching from it. It looked far off, and then started to come close! It was a spirit of some sort. It was in a wedding gown, all dirty and ripped throughout. It was worn by a skeletal type thing. It started to come closer, until their faces were about one inch from each other. Dimitri, paralyzed by fear, tried to run away. But some kind of force was holding him there. The ghost silently screamed, so only he could hear it. It didn't even open it's mouth...it was coming from nowhere. Then he looked back and saw he was being pulled into the crystal!

Dimitri was knocked out. Then he awoke to see himself in an endless world, and he was simply floating over it. Every thing was black, with small fragments of the crystal floating around him.
    He started to be pushed out, and came out of it alive. Everything looked to be the same. He came out from the forest, and went into where his city used to be. Then he saw huge buildings, giant smiling men, and millions of people just walking around. He hid behind a building and looked around, thinking of what to do.

So Dimitri walked out on the street to see what was happening. An old man walked by him and his eyes widened. He slowly walked past, and Dimitri wondered where, and when, he was. He looked into a nearby shop and saw the date. February 17, 2006. A younger person, a scholar, saw him and a riot began. The police came and then Dimitri started to feel the same way he did in the courtroom. He ran for his life and used all of his energy. He kept rushing throughout the city recklessly. As he went into a more urban area, an arm came out of a door and hit his neck, crashing him to the ground. Out cold, the arm pulled him into the house.
    Dimitri slowly opened his eyes. He saw an old man with a grin on his face. "Ha! So you're finally awake, I see," he said. "Where am I?" Dimitri said, just realizing he hadn't talked in a long time, though it felt like much longer. "Why, you're in the Manhartmey District. Welcome to the 21st century," he replied, laughing. "The WHAT?! How is that-" Dimtri started. "No need to worry. I'll tell you all about it...it's what I specialize in," the old man replied. Dimitri sighed, "I guess this is the safest place from those police. Tell away." "All right. First of all, I am Dr. Uharin. I specialize in the mind...and in my past, I have studied, well, the past! You are a killer. Or, who everyone thinks is a killer. I've studied the evidence and came to a conclusion that you are innocent. I recognize your face...you haven't aged a bit," the old man informed him. "How do you know how I looked like if this was...so long ago?" Dimitri asked. "I have my ways," Dr. Uharin said.

"So what do you suggest I do, Doc?" Dimitri asked. "Until your name is cleared, everyone will fear you as a ghostly criminal. If you or I can find any proof that you are not a serial killer, the people will only fear you as a ghost. There's no Casper here, hehehe..." Dr. Uharin said. "Casper?" Dimitri asked. "Forget it. I have a plan to clear your name. Put this on and follow me." the old man said with a chuckle.

I pretty much bumped my head and thought of this one day - it's all jumpy and stuff right now but I'll add to it later.

-Linkeh n_n