Posts by Kaynil

Well, back in the early 1985, I had invented a video game called The Legend of Link....based on my life of course. Then in 1986, Shigeru Miyamoto stole my idea and made the legend about a girl named Zelda and took the credit for himself. Since I had no proof of the incident......

That man. I heard he tried to bribe you afterwards saying "It's a secret to everybody".

Actually the next region is supposedly to be based on Australia.

*spills out the coffee*

That's interesting. I doubt it'd be where I live, probably the fancy usual location with the House of the Opera. This gives me a reason to keep an eye out for now.

Cressel mops the floor with whatever character I fight and with whatever Smash game I play. :(

[In Brawl] I just got so bored with the pattern of 30 seconds of gameplay, followed by 3 hours of cutscenes, followed by 30 seconds of gameplay, followed by 3 hours of cutscenes

I didn't feel the cutscenes were too long but I concede that the tasks become quite repetitive after a while. I liked the race back in the N64 game but many of these 2D explore-fight segments became quite annoying. I enjoyed some of the fights, I thought they nice change like the one against Rayquaza. I gotta agree about the ridiculous length of the overall mode. I don't thinK I have ever finished one properly. I do some. I get bored of it. I get bored of the game. I play the game again after some months. I try to progress the mode. I don't know if that has influenced my tolerance for it, but I agree that trying to finishing in one seat is just too extensive for that.

Nobody needs to be called out in public, but a private message that says "Hey, your post broke the rules. Here's the rule about spam for your future reference: ~~~~~" would be effective. I think the rules would only need more active enforcement if there were an active problem.

I am a firm believer that moderation should be behind the scene as much as possible and it is something I want to address with all of the staff. Forums now give us tools that makes in-post notifications a way to break the flow of the thread and unecessarily put a member in the spotlight.

Spam rules should be moderated with a light touch. Threads don't need to be locked or deleted, they can merely be allowed to die naturally.

I rarely like locking threads. I am more of separating diverting conversations in their own topic and moving spam posts to a thread to post random stuff.

With that said, I believe it is still important to agree in what we can let slide and what kind of action staff needs to take when something becomes predominant.

More than anything, I think we should bear in mind that it's more important to make people feel welcome here, than it is to maintain some strict ideal of utopian forum order.

I agree with this. I think we both witnessed each others stupid mistakes trying to get the hang of forums back in TSR, so I always feel compelled to give the benefit of doubt. I always think that the intention and attitude is what should determine what comes next. Anyway, do not worry. The rules revamp is more about explaining better the 3 rules I originally exposed and perhaps adding a few more for things not covered by the original 3 "commandments".

Personally I have no problem with SPAM areas and forum games. I used to turn down the post count there but that brings confusion on members so I don't think I'd be doing that. I also like to hide the post counter and joining datefrom the mini profile to avoid people being regarded more for their "veteran" status than their contributions. Again, that is not something I am actively considering doing here but I think it kind of shows the way I like to do things.

Like the Matrix... Overrated and overdone? :lengua: sorry. I couldn't resist.

You should just try playing one and seeing for yourself.

I agree. Playing and back seat playing are different experiences. I am sure there is charm to it, I just don't have the pull to make me curious enough to excite me with the idea of playing their game.

This will probably will cause the end of our friendship but they seem a tad repetitive ( I think I saw you do the same against Bowser and the baby piranha).
    You're right though, I haven't sit down and played them myself. I've just seen you and youtube let's plays and tributes.
    I like the colours, the music and i can see Mario 3D Land owes a good chunk to them.

Maybe I do have a problem with Mario spinoffs, like paper Mario, another acclaimed good game I don't really have much interest to try.
    I remember I didn't care for Luigi's mansion until you basically raved how much you liked it and put a controller in my hand. :XD:
    I don't know, they don't spark my interest,. Sorry. :(

Oooh, interesting. Will the DLC come for all versions?

Also I think your definition makes sense, LS. If they're still being directed without the big corporation tweaking it is Indie no matter how many games are in the franchise and for what consoles it is released.

I would probably recommend... I think you guys have mentioned the good ones I gave played. Some if them like Mario Kart were good online but now that the servers are down probably makes it better to stick to the Wii U version. I do miss some of the Wii characters.

They haven't got your attention?! Jeez another thread. Opinions are opinions, and I shouldn't get so defensive. It's not like I made the game or anything.

Make the thread and let's roll!
    Added: In addition, it wasn't a fishing attack towards you.

Thank you for giving us detailed explanation of the main issues.I can understand way better where are you coming from now.

• Link's 3D model appears as two when turning the 3D on. This was fixed in Majora's Mask 3DS and the 1.2 Update of Ocarina of Time 3DS.
    • Sudden game breaking or black screens when defeating a boss that required a lot of RAM and Space. (Bongo Bongo Specifically, Again was fixed in 1.2 of OOT3D

I'll give Nintendo a pass with these two. It sounds like they weren't to remain for long. Still that second one is quite a bummer. :(
    That still leave 5 points even if a few are more opinion taht an straight problem.

L-Targetting doesn't work with my finger-memory. Same for the Ocarina songs, hahah.
    I had to re-adapt a bit, now with the new 3DS I really want to revisit, because a lot of the double Link had also to do with me holding the console way too close, hahah.

Majority of Glitches in the original Ocarina of Time are still... assailable in Ocarina of Time 3DS, Same for Majora's Mask 3DS.

I think this one can be something good depending who you ask! Haha.

They were too big to implement, thus they were removed from the original 4 regions and crafted into their own thing

Same world but different regions. I think we're on the same page.
    I hadn't thought on the import thing, it's pretty funny now that you mention it, haha.

Honestly I am recovered from the shock now. I don't really mind the clothes or Zelda Dress reveal; I just think that it is both a nod to Link being called Zelda and a detail that will potentially confuse newcomers into that wrong assumption.
    My knee-jerk reaction is not the trailer, it is the whole idea of Link saving the Fashion Village by wearing fashionable items. Sure makes sense but sounds to shallow in comparison to other quests. Still that is just the gist. We don't have details and Wind Waker was dsissed before time so I rather wait and see. So far people who tried at E3 and Best buy seems to think positively of it and in the end a fun, good quality Zelda game will make me happy. It all will make sense in-game.

Illuminati confurmed. Legend of Zelda tells the story of how the illuminati took ovur.

... with fashion! Consumerism!
    Wait for it, one of the garnet designs will have to do with a "Butterfly" and thus, we'll know we're doomed.

I think I kind of remember seeing that on a poster a long time ago. It is pretty cool how it all connects.
    While Unova and Kanto region are inspired on real cities (which I also find pretty cool) I don't see why they couldn't belong to the same world in the Pokémon Franchise.