Posts by Kaynil

I think for me, the language barrier also played a big part in no progressing much with DW. I didn't understand much other than "open", haha.
    I actually would like to try it again sometime but I am not sure if I'll have the patience for it.

Another of my favourite games is Charlie Circus. (n_n)
    I am not sure if we used to rent this game or how I got to know it.

My first reaction when I read this was, of course, me being an emotional and sensitive person and all, It's hard for me to accept this.

I don't think you're alone in this. Denial was pretty much my gut reaction to the news too. It really was something that we weren't prepared to really consider as a possibility now. he had already been operated and survived that fine. I thought the worst had already happened. It feels it hasn't been that long since we saw him on a Nintendo direct in April and we hear him for the Muppet of the E3 Digital Event. I tear up again everytime I hear his voice. ;_;
    I am also nauseated with some comments and memes floating around. Too soon and in very bad taste.

My memory of how I got A Link to the Past is the following. I was walking back from school and entering a mall hall with some shops as a shortcut I found one of those pop-gifts ones had the golden cartridge for 200 Mexican pesos. It was exactly what I had with me at the time, possibly from saving up my latest recent allowances. I knew it was a one time opportunity so I went for it. I was so excited to have it in my hands! I had played OoT, joined a few boards and A Link to teh Past was talked on them as a great game, possibly the best zelda game at the time. The one with the perfect balance. I knew I wanted to play that game so badly... I arrived home and then I remembered: I did not own a SNES. :XD:
    Quite funny what blind fanaticism does to you. I was way too obsessed back in the day. *coughs and hides the useless merchandise she's bought since living in Australia*

The first time I played ALttP was while I was in highschool. It turned out one of my friends had the game, so she agreed to let me go to her place after school to try it out. It was an awesome moment. Seeing the press-start screen, the music and the Triforce pieces. Before I knew it my friend was making fun of me because a corny tear ran from one of my eyes. It was just something so important and unreal to me. Near me no one cared or knew about Zelda beyond OoT, so I really didn't think I could get to play the game. She and her brother watched me play. I went to resque zelda. Not knowing what to do against the guarding soldier with his spiky chain ball, I threw a jar at him and defeated him quite fast. My friend laughed so hard and said she never thought in doing that. It felt so good. Before I knew it itw as time for me to go home. Still that was and still is a day I will never forget.

I never did, but I did write a walkthrough for it.

The early 2000s were a weird time for the Internet.

Hahah, that's quite interesting. You wrote a walkthrough without playing the game. Was it difficult?
    Would you ever consider giving the game a proper go if you had the access to the console and game?

I did and I felt so accomplished in doing so. I wanted to put it down and replay OoT so badly.

Hahah, I bet the change between those two must be abysmal.

What are some of your favourite songs from the NES games?

This is one of my absolute NES favourites:
    Sagila's Cavern/Den/cave || Caverns of Sagila
    From Rygar

Overall I think Rygar for the NES had pretty nice music overall.

Which ones do you like? Share them here!:^o^:

I had Dragon Warrior as a kid. When I think of it I think of this music:

And being in the town and having to chose the right interaction from a big selection.
    I didn't never progress with it. I just would wannder in the town and then go explored and get killed until I got bored with it for the day, hahah.

This might be a good place to ask, who is the woman?

She's a prominent character in the animation, so I assume she's shown up in a Zelda game at some point. But I'm long out of the Zelda loop.

No worries. That woman name is Ilia, she's Link childhood and close friend and the daughter of the Mayor in Ordon Village, where Link from Twilight Princess lives and starts his adventure.

Low-effort creative work collaborations could be fun. [...] the kinds of things that adults can fit into their busy lives.
    I'm not very interested, personally, in the idea of a contest. Contests have winners and losers. [...] I'd be more interested in seeing a pdf with all the contributions, than I would in seeing a single entry raised above the others for no real reason.

I definitely vouch for the idea of having collaborations, though I don't see why to have one over the other. I think collaborations should be more ongoing and contests be less often but special. While I agree some people get demotivated by winners-loser, other people thrive with the idea of being the number one. The idea then would be to offer something nice that incentivizes people to give it a go.

Contests and collabs I think both should be something easy enough so people don't feel like discouraged just by thinking how complex it is to participate. Contests can be a good way to attract more visitors, although I am not particularly fond of "post-a-ton" contests or lottery-drawn.

I would add, to my previous comment, that if there's a "Winner," that means someone has to pick the winner.

Whoever picks the winner can't really pick themselves. If they do, it looks like / makes them feel like they're being unfair to the others.

Which means that whoever ends up being pegged as the Judge will be less motivated to contribute to the contest. Which is bad, because in a small community like this, we want as many people as possible to be motivated to participate in any group projects.

If the winner is selected by everybody's vote instead of staff or one individual it could still motivate everybody to enter. Although being so few at the time it could mean that many would withhold voting before giving it to another contendant which might make things difficult to choose the winner or winners in our current state.

Anyway, although I want to launch some sort of contest with a proper prize I can mail to the winner, I want the contest to be something simple, fun and zelda related. For example, designing an outfit for Link of the newest portable Zelda game announced.

I am still in shock even now. It really got me off guard. Iwata has been very discreet with his personal health and always talked to the media with positive news. After he had the operation I thought, I think many of us thought, he was in a slowly but steady path to recuperation. At first I really thought it was just one of those Facebook prank applications of fake news, but then I realised it was everywhere. By the time I wanted to share it here and other networks I realised other people had already done that, and I am glad because I probably wouldn't be able to express clearly the news.

Iwata was very different to Yamauchi as he didn't mind to be in the spotlight as a friendly, approachable individual being hand on in development of some of the titles. His mannerisms and catchphrases became quickly a big part of the face of Nintendo with the Directs. I still going to laugh at their muppets and the fight with Reggie as the start of a Direct to introduce the Mii fighters.

May he rest in peace.

meeting and speaking to him over coffee was the greatest thing I have ever experienced in my life.

@Pekachew , it is great you actually met him in person for a coffee. I hope one day you indulge us with the story on how that came to be. It sounds amazing.

Gotta agree with you LS. Since the current structure is not set in stone, I'll definitely take your advice in account when we address the possible rearrangement with the pokemon areas and other possible extension plans.

Just ask me to store them for you while you restart big deal.

Yeah, but still time consuming and since they came out of eggs, I'd miss them not being my trainer's.

Z4RGaTA.png
    These are the only clothes I use, all on blonde/black pigtails like the first pic. Male customization is garbo.

I love that hairstyle and that first outfit. She's such a cutie.

Hello there, it is nice to have you on board. I hope you enjoy your time.
    I might remember ZR, although more as a project than a place that I joined. I think it was down by the time I attempted (Yeah, I let months pass between the invitation and actual attempt to join). It was a neat idea. I hope in some way we can incorporate the quality that ZR was aiming for back in the day. Once again, welcome. :)

That third timeline seemed kind of rushed to me. They just threw all the old games there. I don't like that LoZ/AoL is the last indecline. AoL basically was a way to explaining the Princess zelda thing, even with SS big reveal, I think this games should had been a bit above to have Zelda descendants or else it is kind of pointless. I also am not very convinced OoX fits well between aLttP and LA. :XD:

I know the idea of connecting them has been strong with fans since I first joined the forums. It is now very convoluted. you find a certain name or symbol ina game and you don't know if you should take it as a hint of a link between that and another game or simply a nice cameo.