Posts by Kaynil

So it dawned on me just how much I have been moving in Australia. This is perhaps the only time it hasn't been a forced change of situation and more of a choice. It seems like I have stayed at most 2 years in one location, the rest won't even touch the year. When I moved from Mexico to Australia, i couldn't bring all the stuff I wanted and had only two suitcases, now I have a lot of stuff accumulated and it is a pain to move but I can't get rid of it. I am attached. :XD:

Anyway, back in mexico I lived in the same place for so many years. My parents only moved while I was little so I can remember at most two houses before the one where they actually reside.

How about you? Have you moved often? Within the city?
    Do you like or hate the idea of moving away from where you currently live?

Hahah. I don't know. To be honest when I played through I didn't even notice the implications. :XD:

There was a splat fest in Europe. During the event the sky becomes night time. The squid sisters sings their song on the plaza and you are divided in two teams decided by your votes. America was between cats and dogs and Europe between rock and pop.
    You enter turf wars and gain points to rank from a normal rock/pop boy/girl into an eternal one. TIt happened in the middle of moving so I had the WiiU out just for it and then it was of the first things I temporarily set up just to participate. I got tired before midnight so my plan to stay up till 3 am failed. Moving furniture and boxes is tiring and didn't take that in account.

Anyway, it was fun.
    Splatoon may look kiddy but it is great fun. Since one of my friends and housemate also had his wii U, we used to go online together. I'd love cooperative battles and he rejoiced when we were in opposing teams, haha.
    I haven't really touche dthe ranked battles otehr then curiosity check. I stick to turf wars.:lol:

Well, I haven't had regular contact with the TSR gang since 2010, so it's been about 5 years. Though you and I bumped into each other on Twitter and g+ a time or two.

I confess I don't think about Zelda much these days, aside from replaying A Link to the Past every few years. But I've been missing hanging out on forums, and I've been missing my old friends. So when I saw your post about this place over on ToH, I figured I'd pop in and see how things are in Kaynilville.

I understand. It's been basically the same for me, except that even with ToH I wasn't too active or in contact. I left that post there hoping to reach someone so I am glad you found it!
    It is also alright if you're not into like back in the day. I hope you enjoy interacting in this space. I would love if I could device some neat contests or activities for people to enjoy themselves here. Maybe even have awards like TSR. Those were fun back in the day.

That's pretty cool, LS. I think back then it was harder to have adult gaming relatives that it is now so kuddos to your uncle. It must have been pretty cool realising what you did later on. Sounds like you have pretty fond memories of it. :)

Twilight Princess was alright, although I personally preferred Majora's Mask and Wind Waker over it. Nintendo was trying the whole "dark" idea.. but with Twilight Princess, it was too dark. The graphics and mechanics of the game was perfect, flawless even.. but the story over all was sorta sad for me to even consider a really good Zelda game up to date.

It is the first time I heard the story being too dark for a Zelda game being the reason to not consider it a really good zelda game. I never stop top think about it. I guess the intro regarding Twilight being a melancholic time of the day is the general ambientation.

It's a pretty good anime if you ask me actually. However I really enjoy the fan made content more so than the actual content. I don't know.. I'm a shipping fan service person xD

It makes sense, there are some pretty good fanart writers around.

Also since, I seem to be the only one behind, do not hesitate to discuss your favourite characters, scenes and what not. :^o^:

OMG! It's Link Skywalker!
    Buddy! How long has it been? It is awesome to have you here!
    I loved the picture, it made me laugh out loud. I wonder how much have we changed since back in the days of TSR.
    I am happy to hear you're doing what makes you happy. Feel free to recommend games or start threads about them. There have been a bunch of cool indie games being kickstarted and what not.

I hope you have a very nice time and do not hesitate to spread the voice. :D

I've heard many different things but in past years it seemed like the bandwagon of cool was to dislike TP. Very funny as Midna was funnily enough usually praised.

For me the game was alright, while some parts reminded me of past games I felt it was differently enough, plus I enjoyed the easter eggs from Ocarina like the picture at the fishing den or that the girl scratches just like the Lake Hylia owner used to, haha.

I want to play it again. I've only finished this game once.

Not long ago I went ina small discussion with someone else regarding this point. The first time I played TP I honestly didn't think much of it and I figured it was when she was kidnapped, but playing again I realised Link is the one that gets hit really bad in the head, not Ilia.

Furthermore Impaz know Link's name because Ilia would talk to her about her friend, which means she got her amnesia sometime after she pass through the hidden Village.

So, when and why did you think Ilia had amnesia?

Another thing to point out is the item that helps her remember you.

Thanks for the heads up! I will take that in account.
    Hopefully the anime is not abruptly stopped.

I spoke to a friend about it and it turned out that it is her favourite anime and she has the collection. She will lend it to me sometime in the upcoming weeks.

For me it has to be Peach Girl. Now it doesn't suck. I haven't watch too many bad animes I can clearly recall, so this one, which is not horrid, will have to do.
    I went into the anime Peach Girl because I found some of the manga on a library and read it kill time. It seemed different to other Shojos. Sure high school soap opera plot is not new but two things I found refreshing: Momo, the protagonist seemed like an actual good role model with her self-reassurance and taking the crappy days as they came and two: those crappy days. Momo skin is prone to darken with a few hours under the sun. Since hookers and other bimbos tan themselves, Momo is often pre-judged on her appearance. The manga was not afraid of going a bit darker than usual regarding how far some people can go out of jealousy, Momo wakes in the apartment of a Model that assures that broke her virginity, thrust a pencil to scape a different perpetrator later in the series and has a "friend" turning people against her. It is still centered into the love-triangles and classy soapy cliches to create tension. Heck, that first time a condom is planted in a wallet to make it appear in context the guy was cheating on her.

An anime with that crazy stuff of that sounded like a pretty cool thing to watch... I was underwhelmed. They were afraid and changed many things to tone it down. Without this elements it became just another average high school soap opera. Mind, the villain is quite good at making you hate her and there are some genuinely touching moments but it also helped me realized that Momo was not what I thought she was. I haven't picked again the manga but I believe a lot of the dumb stuff that is aw in the anime was in accordance to the manga, including petty arguments out of jealousy and even putting her own life in danger in ways taht pretty much reminded me of twilight protagonist.

Another thing to add was that after watching it in English I found a Spanish (albeit Iberic and not my accent) dub that seemed to flow better for me, so it could be that the voices in the english dub could also have had to do with my diminished enjoyment. I dunno if the original language works better. Anyway, like I said, it is not a bad anime, I don't want to be unfair and other than toned down the events it does follow the manga. If you like shojo and soap operas this one may actually have something nice for you, but I still would recommend the manga over the anime any day.

I haven't watched it but I have been told that there is more than meets the eye and not to be fooled by its cutesy looks. I also was told about the animal mechanic but I won't go in detail onto that to not ruin the surprise.
    I was recommended this like six years ago, so to be honest I have completely forgotten about its existence till now. I'll check it out.

I can`t find that ones, @Kaynil . I guess i`m not searching in the correct place.

Hmm... this skin doesn't really leave visual clues of links until you hover around the sentence. The last of my answer to you was a link to this page: http://zeldawiki.org/Skyward_Sword_Translations/Characters
    It shows the Skyward Sword character names in Japanese, English, French, German, Italian, Spanish and Korean.

Groose is quite interesting. His original name is Bado yet in Spanish depending the version is either Vilan or Malton (I don't really like the LA one, it sounds to similar to Veran); his french name is Hergo. German and Italian versions kept the original Bado name. Groose is still my favourite name.

Anyway back to the original list, I compiled this from what I could find in Zelda Wiki's translations:
    Hyrule: Jap. Hairaru and always translated as Hyrule, since the first game.
    Twili: Jap. Kage no Ichizoku - Shadow Clan
    Hylian: Jap. Hairiajin - Hylian), German. Hylianer, French. Hylien
    Farore: Jap. Furoru; Rest is Farore.
    Nayru: Jap. Nēru ; Rest is Nayru.
    Din: ... No changes.
    Midna: Jap. & French: Midona, apparently rest is Midna.
    Nabooru: Jap. Nabōru, Korean. Nabol, Portuguese and German. Naboru, Italian Naburu. French and English Nabooru.
    Kotake: ... No changes.
    Koume: ... No changes.
    Darunia: Korean: Daerunia, rest is Darunia.
    Mikau: ... No changes.
    Kafei: Jap. Kāfei, rest is same.
    Termina: Jap. Tarumina, Spanish: Términa, rest is the same.
    Lon Lon [Ranch / Milk]: Jap. Ron Ron - Lon Lon, Italian, Spanish and portuguese Lon-Lon (hyphen).
    Girahim: Jap. Girahimu and in Spanish Grahim.
    Vaati: Jap. Gufū; rest is Vaati)

Probably knowing that twilight are just refered as "Shadow clan" is the surprising one to me and how SS due the Bird theme in naming had some drastic changes to the names to keep that bird naming essence.

Thanks for taking the time to make these. I like them.
    I hadn't realise Nintendo used a pun with "stand together" and the totem concept until now. :lengua:

I am in the funny situation where I haven't bought Hyrule Warriors but I am pretty close to do it, so knowing this really makes it harder to choose.
    Should I get the HD HW or the one on the go? Should I put again on hold the idea of owning HW in favour of hearing more about the 3DS version?

I tend to use my 3DS more than the console, but HW HD looks pretty sweet.

oh ok, well I wouldn't say poor planning really, because people don't usually post timestamps of their own will. But having three different ways to do it seems a bit excessive.

Personally I like to keep the smilie alternatives as they are and for emoji use the commands. Because sometimes you just can't beat that good ol' colon and bracket XD

May seem excessive but since it is the same smilies from the Spanish forums I think for those visiting from that side would have it easier that way, idem if you visit the Spanish side and are used to the English command. You don't have to worry to learn the alternatives and this is probably the only forum software I know that allows to do this.

usually on forums though the emoji only works if there is a space on both sides of the command or alt or whatever it is ... Then again I've never heard of this kind of forum software, is it freeware?

This forum software is called Xenforo. It isn't free but it has a pretty good reputation.

Hey just a heads up the header tag isn't working

Code
    [hr]

Not a popular tag, but a personal must most of the time [emoji14]

That tag is not included by default. I might look onto evemtually incorporating it, however it might take a while as it is not an urgent thing and there are more tags commands I want to bring. I hope you don't mind that.

I miss my computer.The complain made no sense from tapatalk as it wouldn't do a smilie thing.

Anyway that error was poor planning on my part.

We actually have several ways to call a smilie though I hope to tone down some options. Basically there is a :englishcommand: :spanishcommand: and smilie alternatives.

9 am PT on Tuesday 16
    ... or 2 am Wed 17 if you live in Australia. :XD:

Feel free to come online and discuss together what we thought of their Event.
    I want to believe that they have a big surprise under their sleeve, considering that they decided to travel and do a proper conference as far as I am concerned. I think it is something big and new, not related to what they have shown recently, like Starfox. Of course I also hope we know more about the titles they have announced. Considering the Hype Train is already high with what has been released by the competition Nintendo really needs to step to the next level.

Do you think they will?