Posts by Kaynil

To be honest I am not sure which one I'd prefer. Termina is pretty cool with so many different zones and because it has a lot of people you make a connection with. I'd be cool to have some holidays there and see their carnival of Time.
    I am also very fond of Koholint's overworld. I like the idea of animal Village, the peaceful town, the mountain and going for pictures. :D

Many people seem to enjoy a lot flying in Skyloft.

I was not one of them. Not for lack of trying. the idea of riding a giant bird is rad! but as it turns out I was a clutz. I couldn't get a smooth trip, the bird would start flapping all over. After I noticed the height level I tried to stay in the middle but I still had that. It was very frustrating. perhaps you can explain me where I was coming short.

Anyway, enough of my experience. I would love to know:

Did you liked to travel using Loftwing travel around?
    Feel free to share any funny story. :lol:

@ShiroMZM I've brought the main smilies. There are some still missing, but I will slowly install them. Right now I want to focus in other details.

Something else you have Wind Waker in your Gamecube Thread, but Twilight Princess was made on the gamecube before the Wii. So technically you're missing a sub-forum, just a heads up.

Yeah, thanks for pointing it out. To be honest, I noticed but I didn't move it as I am considering rearranging the Zelda zone. The structure in both this community and the Spanish equivalent could do with some work, so I was thinking in just going back to the order we had long ago of Zelda consoles and handhelds. I guess I could still move it meanwhile.

Um a suggestion, me I personally know CSS and HTML pretty well and I kind of grind my teeth every time I see a post box that has absolutely no padding. Even the text input box has some padding. Just seeing those letters on that border runs chills down my spine (once again this is just my OCD but seriously...UGH I try to be nice but it hurts so much)

Code
    padding: 4px;

Seriously that's all you need to put into the right spot in the CSS files.

I actually agree about the lack of padding being a bit grating. While I don't want to make major changes in the skin, I have added the suggested padding for the message area. Hopefully this small change will suffice.

Hello!

The encyclopedia is to be used for things regarded as facts, those things that have been explicitly confirmed or that serve to illustrate better those given points. If you want to make a thread to speculate or make thought provoking points I recommend you to create your thread in area for Theories instead.

Within the Zelda universe sometimes it is difficult to separate what counts as canon and what doesn't, because even Nintendo has contradicted themselves during the passage of time with their declarations. Ten years ago their website implied only one Link. The Manga series approved by them have some elements differing from the games, and so on.

Here are some pointers though:
    - What happens in-game has a stronger impact that what another source, including the ones approved by Nintendo say (unless they explicitly address the incongruence and are defining theirs as the true one).
    For instance if the game says link is 12 and Miyamoto says he's 10, we'll have to go with the game data, unless Miyamoto says that the game age was a mistake and he seems 10 years as a more appropriate age.

- Zelda mangas and comics are usually not counted as Canon. As much as they make sense of certain things the game doesn't explain, they do conflict in other areas and can be at best be considered "fanon". Explanations we as fans are happy to incorporate for our understanding but with little support within the game.
    For example, OoT Manga have Sheik pretending to work for Ganondorf and Zelda locking her memories of her true identity for the time being. While some people are happy accepting this, there is nothing in the game that gives a clue of Zelda not having self awareness as Sheik as opposed to being a disguise or that Sheik and Ganondorf were ever in contact.

You can also make threads to report on happenings that have affected the Zelda franchise and its fans. For example, while a thread on Jadusable's creepypasta won't fit here, an article explaining the impact said creepypasta had in bringing Majora's Mask back and the personification of the "Ben" character.

Alright, thanks for reading!

= Create a new thread and share your articles =

Hey, don't feel shy to share whatever news you have you come across. We'll be happy to hear them! Anyone can post here.

While we're a Zelda community, we do accept a wider scope of news, for instance Nintendo news are always welcome and so are news that affect the videogaming industry in general. So yes, post about that break-through device that might be used in a future console, talk about the E3 reveals, share the Nintendo's new IP that has been revealed, etc.

The only things we ask is that you give the source and don't blatantly copy and paste the news without trying to put in your own words what's going on. Quoting part of the news is fine.

By publishing here, you can help us keep on top of things in the website as well. We will credit you when we publish the news on the website and if you keep the influx and quality don't be surprised to be offered a position as a News reporter directly in our website.

Alright! Now you're ready:

<>==[[=Create a new thread and share your news!==>

Rather than copy-paste the articles we currently have in Zelda Cavern, I thought it would be better to make a thread for quick access here. as it is, these articles are a bit outdated but we will update them and add content in the following months. But for now, enjoy. :)

Creation Theory
    Here you can read the creation theory as Princess Zelda explained Link during the events in Ocarina of Time. There is also a video for the full cutscene.

Timeline Theory
    Here you can watch a 3 part series of videos that help us understand much better how the Timeline works and ties together, including the Link-defeated one.

Timeline Theory
    Here you can watch a 3 part series of videos that help us understand much better how the Timeline works and ties together, including the Link-defeated one.

Lands of Hyrule
    Here you can find Maps and explanations of the Maps of Hyrule (during the OoT era) and Termina.

Races of Hyrule
    This small compilation includes races of different Zelda games, including the oracles.

Our website is still being prepared and changes might occur, but overall the idea is to grow with more and better information so keep an eye out for it. Also this category in special will have a lot to do with it, if you want to help and would love to see your own articles on our web (of course crediting you) come and share with us what you know about The Legend of Zelda!

Pointing each game and then separating options like Lorule, Dark Overworld and the rest would make the poll choices too long to list, so let's just instead use this thread to express the ones we actually care about and what is what makes us like that overworld so much.

By overworld I mean the whole world in a game. For example Majora's Mask would be all of Termina's areas and what they contain.

There is just that one place we've visited with Link we wish we could live in, or at least visit sometime. Many are Hyrule through different legends and others are completely different lands.

I hear many people favours A Link to the Past's Overworld, but perhaps you have a different favourite. What overworld is your favourite? Please tell us what makes it so awesome! :D

In ALBW you were able to place a limited amount of pins around the overworld to mark locations. You could even change the colour of the head of the pin. This was useful to keep track of secrets and other important stuff.

Did you use pins?
    What system did you have?

For example: yellow = chests, red=side-quest...

If you didn't use them, why was that?

I stopped just before entering Lorule Castle. I believe I am close of the end, unless the game decides to throw an unexpected twist I am (and want to still be) blissfully unaware of. I am slowly trying to find the Maiamai.
    I mostly use ALBW to fight streetpasses when I am feeling bored.

I do plan to complete it but I am trying to get all collectibles before the final confrontation. Better tunic and stuff is eluding me so far.

I like the Wii U so far. I don't regret getting one, but to be honest I have used more for friends get togethers than playing lone when it coems to their WiiU titles.
    There are some cool indie games available from the eShop but if you have Steam chances are you already know them or have bought them at better prices.
    I also like using the Wii U to watch Youtube videos through its browser. You can use the gamepad or have them directly in your screen.

I so want to get Splatoon! ... but I'll have to wait. Idem for Hyrule Warriors.
    That said I am having tons of fun with The Smash game and Mario kart 8 when I can have other people to play with me.
    One player game I haven't really gotten many I can recall.

I did play the remake first, but i will give a neutral view point, because the original was a entire revolution of videogames and was very innovator. The remake isn't nothing of that, obviously, today I recomend play the remake because it's a better experience, but the remake today is not like OoT was in his time.

I can understand your point and it is quite interesting. I was honestly thinking the global thing and not so much what did each bring to the table when they were released, however, isn't it a tad unfair to expect a remake of a game to innovate as much as the original? That the original was so good is probably the strongest reason for this version to exist.

Ultimately, I think it is important the game can still stand on its own. I think with the remake it is shown what works beyond time and what elements now feel empty. I have yet to finish the remake.

The remake, they did everything right in my opinion.

I like the Master Quest being added but I really dislike Navi reminding you you need to take breaks. It is as if they heard about her being infamous for being annoying and decided that such a reminder would be funny. I think they could have used the opportunity to get rid of her "jump-to-your-face Messages altogether. The discreet "Hey" would suffice. Remake or not, I always dread starting over just because of the Tutorial-phase of the game. They sound so silly when you exclude the 4th wall buttons: "Hey, why don't you try climbing this?", "Hey, did you know you can open doors?", "Hey did you know you can dive and not just swim on the surface?", "Hey, I am feeling tired so let's just do nothing... nevermind that we just saw Zelda getting kidnapped. Let's take a break!".

Send your gobbledygook sound samples to them anyway in a shout out! Who knows? Or make a sketch of you talking entirely like that. :XD:

I am excited. I disagree with those that say there is nothing new. The genre may not be new but the duo have their own movement, as for personalities all we really know it's that Laylee seems to be the most extroverted one.

As a kid I loved to read, yet I can't recall the name of my favourite book. It was a time of an encyclopedia that covered many things from humanity. This particular volume was filled with tales, handcraft activities, puzzles and more. I adored it. I still would get in in heartbeat.

How about you. What were the books you loved as a kid?

There are some books that are not easy to find or that simply keep slipping under our radar until we recall their existence again. Among those, there are special books that we want to read at some point. Maybe they have high praise or is the favourite of someone important for us. Maybe you just thought it sounded cool or is from your favourite author.

So, what books are in your bucket list?

Feel free to talk about the books that were in your bucket list and how did you feel about them after reading it. :vio: