Posts by Nera

My favourite temple... That's hard to choose. Ever since my first play through, though, I've had a keen liking to the Fire Temple. In my opinion Volvagia is better than Twinrova - >.> - and the Mages are simply fun. :P Although, now that I know the game so well, I think the Water Temple is leaning towards a close second. I used to hate it, but, eh, it's just a really good, mid-point temple. Shadow Link is amusing and one actually has to think his way through things. Leastwise that's how it is for me... Probably only because I've played it many times. (First time through the game and I was hung up more times than I could count.) *Shrugs* My vote goes to the Fire, though.

Ocarina of Time was a break through game for the N64. When judging it now, though, against current graphics and the like it's a little unfair. There were things that simply couldn't be used with that system. Nevertheless the game has provided an equal amount of dungeon and side-quest glory. I mean, the Water Temple still gives people problems after several times through. Some of them are just pure fun as well, and the game itself runs smoothly with no loading times. There's a lot of sidequests, I think, that are overlooked or simply not called quests at all.

There's also - you won't have these on the GC version - a ton of really awesome glitches. Wrongfully overlooked, perhaps, but they add a unique re-play bonus.

Perhpas part of my bias towards the Ocarina of Time comes from the fact that it was the first Zelda game, and indeed first game of that genre, that I ever played. It's kind of grown up with me, so to speak. But that's just me.

As far as Twilight having no reason not to be better, I cannot argue there, but I'm also cautious. In saying that it's going to be "120 times greater than OoT" that sets a high standard... for any sequal of any game, even if the first one wasn't that great. But yeah, I know you were exagerating to make your point.

Oh, and one last thing... Do we actually know how many dungeons there are? How many towns? (Sorry if I actually missed an update or something.) It's true that from what we've seen everything seems bigger and better - and I'll admit that the whole world is probably like that - but isn't it possible that all of that will bog down the actual gameplay? In Ocarina of Time you're sort of nestled in this cozy little space where you are free to go from place to place without problem. In Twilight Princess, if the world is as big as it seems, it could turn out to be another sailing epedemic... only this time on horseback.

All in all I think we'll have to wait and see what Twilight Princess is really like. I don't think it will ever replace Ocarina of Time for myself, or other games for other people despite the fact that it is more technilogically advanced. *Shrugs* If you come into the Zela series on the game, though, perhaps the older ones will pale in comparison. There isn't really a way to tell.

Thanks for the welcome, you two. I know I'm slow in responding, but, eh, that's what video games to do you. :P But yeah, I have read a Game of Thrones. Well, actully, I'm on the final hundred pages of a Feast for Crows. Man I love those books. Again, thanks for the welcomes. I'll be sure to put in a few useful words from now on. :happy

Hello everyone. It's probably obvious, but I'm new here, so I'll get right to the point and introduce myself. I live in western Canada, but that's not all that interesting. Moving on. I'm a huge fan of video games, obviously, but Zelda is, by far, my favourite. I'm too young to have played the earlier games when they came out, but I have been a diehard fan of the Ocarina of Time from day one. This probably isn't much here, but I've beaten it eight times and am well on my way to beating the Master Quest, which I obtained, through fluke, in a used game shop while on a band trip. Which brings me to my next point. Asides from video games I love reading and music, and play the French horn and trumpet. Just for the record, I'm going to list a few of my favourite bands.

Tool, System of a Down, Slint, the Doors, Mogwai, Sigur Ros, Godspeed You Black Emperor, Pink Floyd, Mars Volta, Deftones, Queens of the Stone Age, and many others. Classical falls in there as well, but I don't have on particular composser that I favour, althought I do love Vivaldi.

As far as books go there are four series that I hold above all others. The Lord of the Rings is at the top, with all the other books that are related to it. Next comes A Song of Ice and Fire, the Wheel of Time, and the Guadian Cycle. I also have moved into the PBP RPG world, as well as the wonderful world of fsos.

So, that's me, in a nutshell. Don't go thinking I'm crazy for writing such a long intro... It's late here, I'm bored, and I won't be going to bed for a while.