Posts by Steelia

Quote from Wild Cucco

^Gah! I hate Halo! Everyone likes it and I can't see why XD

I suppose I'd have to agree on that one... I've played it, and it was fun. But only when you've got a group of screwy friends who like to throw sticky bombs at vehicles and one another, even during adventure mode! XD Good times, good times.
    I'm not much for first-person shooters... Why do those games always get all the hype? Gahh...

Sorry if I sounded like a critic. Didn't mean to sound that way. Just making my opinion. :)

Favorite game is STILL ********* ********. Favorite series, Super Smash Bros.

Thursday 03/05/2007

A Promise...

The night of the Full Moon has come... I have little time to spare now as I will be in hiding... like an injured fox hiding from a hunter.
    It disgusts me.
    I can only think back to my times of old, when I and She were still young, when the Arceus was completing his world, where the Mew was multiplying vastly on the supercontinent of Sinnoh...

They were my only source of pleasure. To manipulate the dreams of others created like me... Only being born through evolution, that is what separates us.
    Then came the creation of the Trainers. They caught us, one by one, enslaving our population. It is said that we were made for them, to be their companions... but what do modern-day theologians on the Pokemon history really know about us?
    The Trainers, they enslaved them. They manipulated them beyond their wills, and instilled in them the thought that they were created by Trainers to serve Trainers as mere playthings: inconsequential, replaceable, correctable. They were slaves... I remember it so clearly. During this time, I was of no use to them. They suffered nightmares without me.

The Arceus strictly prohibited me from infecting the Trainers. But, after so long, the straw broke. I began -- in secret -- the downfall of the Trainers. They pleaded with me, to stop the madness I was outbreaking. It was... satisfaction I received from their vain calls for help from the Arceus. He knew what he had done, my Master. He had created a race that had gone against his will. He only allowed them time, my Master, to amend their mistakes. They never did.
    And even He has a breaking point.
    I continued to ravage the lands of Sinnoh, to bring pain and misery to the Trainers...

Then something happened.

Cresselia, my Mortal Enemy, she began to heal the Trainers. She convinced Arceus that the Trainers were confused, that they had not yet found their place in life and that they needed guidance. Arceus agreed with Her, then once again enforced the rule against Me. Then, after a time of ceasefire between Me and Them, Regigigas came and separated the massive continent of Sinnoh into different parts -- so far as the Trainers know of, there are the Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Orre, and Sinnoh regions, Sinnoh being the birthplace of them all. The Arceus had commanded Regigigas to do so in order to bring peace with the people, and to have them multiply in different lands, as Mew had done by evolution.
    The Arceus then erased the minds of the Trainers and the slave Pokemon in a flood of energy. After that, he rested back in the Hall of Origin... leaving behind an unknown legacy of mortal conflict, and the New Beginning that continues on to this day.

After a time, Kanto and Johto fused into one massive continent, providing to the New Trainers two generations' worth of new creatures to capture. All the continents remain in contact with one another, but some in secret... for holding deadly secrets to the past.
    Regigigas, the divider of the continents, divided into Regirock, Regice, and Registeel: it was a promise of the Arceus, that the continents and its people may never again suffer the same fate they did when they were young. The Regi were sent into Tombs respectively, and if ever collected and brought to the Soulless Husk of the King of Kings, only then would he be reawakened, with half the Strength and half the Speed... momentarily. It takes Five Turns for him to regain his fighting spirit -- symbolizing the Fifth Day, when the Arceus created Trainers, and when they first began their enslavement of... my kind.

...It is during days like this, when my powers are at their weakest, that I remind myself of this story. Arceus spared I, She, Himself, Regigigas, Dialga and Palkia of this period of history's erasing. Giratina was created afterward, from the remnants of the History that were manifested into him. Giratina is nothing more than the Memory of our past, the relationship with the Trainers long forgotten. It is why Giratina acts so savagely to the New Trainers... because they can never measure up to the Evil they once had within them. It is why he is a Renegade... because he is the Evil that turned the Trainers against their supposed creator.
    Giratina is the only power I know of that stands up to my evil will... next to my Master and She.

The Promise was made to save the world from eternal damnation... but... personally... I wouldn't have minded it in the least.

May I continue to plague thee with NightMares and eternal nights...

^ Has been poked enough for a dozen lifetimes.

< Has been poked enough for a dozen lifetimes.

v Would drink an energy drink called "Critical Mass".

^ Is psychic... O_O

< Is currently lost in a world where no thoughts conjure, where there are no voices to be heard, where the games are old, the laptops lag, and where a certain emptiness fills the air. Is bored.

v Is bored.

Hmm... Excluding the anime genre, I'd probably go with Invader Zim as well... Wait, wasn't that considered anime? D'oh.

Anime-wise, Yu Yu Hakusho, Invader Zim, Kenshin, and quite a few others that were probably aired on Cartoon Network via Toonami. Eheh.

*updated*

The "good one" is probably Cresselia. Yeah, the entries are in a rather confusing format. You'll have to read pretty deeply to know who's who, and what's what (such as "my Master" being Arceus, "my Mortal Enemy; She" with capital "S" being Cresselia, "the Insignificants" being Pokemon, "Trainers" being... Trainers, etc. Darkrai labels everything with a specific name, like the soon-to-show "Shadow Master" Giratina).

Author's Note:
    Hey there, thanks for passing by to read my work, whether you're just skimming-and-scanning or actually volunteering time to read.

I'll try to make this short: This story was indirectly inspired by the Pokemon Diamond/Pearl series, and by MySpace blogging. I actually had an account created specifically for this Pokemon -- Darkrai, a Dark-type legendary Pokemon from D/P that is obtainable only through a special event, and is at Level 40 when captured -- who would create entries and tell the world of his adventures and stories (he's quite imaginative).
    So, this story is actually more like a blog. But it can still be put into chapters because of the length of some stories, and is told in real time... As of yet, there is no ending. But I know how the story will go, and how it will end, so this isn't a lost project. There will just be instances when I will not be able to update the "blog".

So, day by day, I will possibly update here. Or rather, Darkrai will update here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are the characters, just to give some visuals (click name to view picture):

Darkrai Darkurai - the creator of this journal, he gives his thoughts on the Insignificants ("normal" Pokemon) and the Trainers (those who capture and raise the Pokemon). He loves to create Bad Dreams, also known as NightMares, to those who sleep... a hobby of his.

Cresselia - Darkrai's mortal enemy. She has the power to release the ones afflicted by Darkrai's NightMares from them. She is hated by Darkrai tremendously, but she doesn't seem to show any anger towards him.

Giratina, the Shadow Master - an ally -- or at least acquaintance -- of Darkrai. The two speak via the Messengers (Drifloon and Drifblim) and only meet whenever one invites the other. Giratina can travel between dimensions of the Pokemon world to other places, and will rarely allow anyone to follow him. He is the only other being to possess a Dark Heart rivaling Darkrai's, and is known for his savage nature against those who enter his Turnback Cave unannounced -- Pokemon and Trainer alike.

Master Arceus - the Creator Pokemon, and Master of Darkrai. Arceus has supreme command over all Pokemon and Trainers, and Darkrai obeys his every command, lest he be punished severely. Arceus only summons those he wishes to see, and it is strictly enforced that no one disturbs him. An uninvited visit to the Arceus could mean inevitable doom.

Regigigas, the King of Kings - created by Arceus to separate the supercontinent of Sinnoh back in ancient times, Regigigas can only be awakened when the Three Elemental Kings -- Regirock, Regice, and Registeel -- are assembled together before his Hollow Husk, hidden away in a temple in Snowpoint City. His powers and speed are halved for five turns whence summoned -- five turns, in symbolism of the fifth day on which Arceus created the Trainer race. Regigigas has yet to be revived from his slumbering state.

Spirit of the Forest, Celebi - also known as the Time Traveler and the Guardian of the Forest, Celebi has on more than one occasion come to the help of Pokemon and Trainers. As she is a user of time, she has made a pact with the Time-Ruler Dialga so that she may continue use of time without abusing her powers. Celebi are very rarely seen, and are said to leave eggs wherever they are last seen. What hatches from those eggs remains unknown.

Rotom, the Electric-Ghost - a mischievous Pokemon that was once known in Sinnoh to cause a massive blackout, Rotom was eventually captured and sealed away by Celebi in the Old Chateau, where it awaits the day when a Trainer would come and release it from its prison: a television.

Shaymin - also known as the Gratitude Pokemon. In the past, this Pokemon was said to have caused a major uproar in the Pokecommunity, due to a reckless act of causing a house fire, and an unnatural death. Since then, Shaymin has been living her days secluded from the world, but at ease since a truce with Arceus. She can only be reached when a white stone tablet, sealing her away from the world, is deciphered.

Spiritomb - a Pokemon formed from the vengeful souls of 108 spirits in ancient times, Spiritomb once ravaged the land for its own purposes, and took many lives before its reign was cut short by Arceus. Since then, it has been cursed to live inside Odd Keystones, which are only able to release the Beast when taken to Hallowed Tower. But, compared to the Ancient Ghost it once was, it is now nothing more than a tamable Pokemon...

The She-Darkrai - a mysterious embodiment of the malevolent Darkrai, whom suddenly appeared one night out of thin air after the pact between Darkrai and Giratina was nearly severed. The She-Darkrai is an exact copy of Darkrai, only of the opposite gender. Where did she originate from? And what purpose could she possibly have in Darkrai's world?

Time-Ruler Dialga - the Ruler of Time, Dialga has existed since the first days of Darkrai. It controls time itself, and is never seen outside of its otherworldly dimension, unless Arceus summons it.

Space-Ruler Palkia - the Ruler of Space, Palkia has also existed since Darkrai's birth. It dominates over space, where it literally has endless superiority. It is only seen when summoned by Arceus.

Mesprit, the Being of Emotion - a Pokemon said to have given Trainers and Pokemon the feelings of love and empathy, anyone who tries to harm Mesprit will have their emotions sapped from them, and they will become dull and lifeless for days. Darkrai has little interest in Mesprit as she is everything he is not... though it is rumored that once, a long time ago, Darkrai's Dark Heart had once been opened very briefly by the powers of Mesprit to the feelings of sympathy and compassion...

Uxie, the Being of Knowledge - a Pokemon said to have given Trainers and Pokemon the knowledge needed to survive, Uxie is normally considered an Oracle in the Pokecommunity, as he can predict the futures of anyone who asks him. However, those who approach him with evil intentions will have their minds wiped clean -- anyone who looks into Uxie's eyes suffer from a temporary (or sometimes eternal) amnesia. Arceus has been known to approach Uxie on more than one occasion, to see whether a vision Arceus had long ago will be coming true...

Azelf, the Being of Willpower - a Pokemon said to have given Trainers and Pokemon the will to live and fight, Azelf is generally left alone by others because of his effect: If anyone -- primarily people whose hearts are corrupted -- touches him, they will lose the will to live, and be unable to move. This lasts for a week, or longer. Darkrai has battled with Azelf once in his life, but suffered a terrible defeat. Because of this, Azelf gave Darkrai the will to continue to grow stronger...

Mew - considered the ancestor of all Pokemon, Mew was made by Arceus in order to multiply and evolve into the hundreds of species of Pokemon today. Darkrai, Dialga, Palkia, Cresselia, Giratina, Azelf, Uxie, Mesprit, every other Legendary, and Arceus himself are said to be the only Pokemon not to be descendants of Mew.

Groudon of the Trinity - the Continent Pokemon, Groudon has existed since the World's creation, and was the maker of the super continent of Sinnoh (which was later divided by Regigigas). Groudon is said to have a fierce rivalry with Kyogre, and whenever the two are said to battle, Rayquaza will fly down from the heavens to quell their fighting.

Kyogre of the Trinity - since the dawn of the World's creation, Kyogre has existed. It was said to have made the oceans that exist today. It shares a bitter rivalry with Groudon, but if the two ever fight, they are calmed by Rayquaza. It is also said to somehow be connected to the Prince of the Sea, Manaphy, yet these connections have never been proven.

Rayquaza of the Trinity - the strongest of the Trinity, Rayquaza was created to not only be the maker of the skies, but also to be the peacekeeper of Groudon and Kyogre. It has been around for millions of years, and on rare occasions has been seen flying in the ozone layer, looking like a streaking comet because of its supersonic speeds.

Lugia, the Sea's Great Guardian - originally made to be the sworn protector of the sea, Lugia had also been bestowed the title of the guardian of the Legendary Birds (Zapdos, Moltres and Articuno). It is said Lugia will only appear if the three are endangered, and will serve justice to those whom harmed them.

Ho-oh, the Rainbow Phoenix - made as a covenant between the Trainers and Pokemon in ancient times, Ho-oh also carries with it the title of the guardian of the Legendary Beasts (Raikou, Entei and Suicune). It is said that Ho-oh brings with it an everlasting rainbow, a sign of peace, and that it will only appear before the purest of Trainers as a sign of good luck. However, it will also rarely appear if the Beasts are threatened.

Mewtwo, the Genetic Being - a Pokemon that was the clone of Mew, Mewtwo was created by Team Rocket to serve them and conquer the world. However, the Genetic Being rebelled, destroying their base and fleeing to discover the true meaning of life. Since that time, it was said Team Rocket disbanded due to their loss. Mewtwo is said to be one of the strongest Pokemon alive, and it is because of this that Darkrai has kept a close eye on the Genetic One...

(If any more characters are added, this list will be updated accordingly.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are some Organizations that appear in Darkrai's journal. (List will be updated accordingly if new Organizations arise.)

Team Rocket - a Team once thought disbanded since the days Giovanni left it, Team Rocket is the supposed head of the Organizations and originates in Kanto, yet reports have confirmed they are more active in the Orre and Hoenn regions... but why? And what could they be plotting?

Team Aqua - once a rival team against Team Magma, both have put their differences aside and have joined a massive Organization consisting of various other corrupted Teams. No one knows what they have in store. They currently reside solely in the Hoenn region.

Team Magma - once a rival team against Team Aqua, both have put aside their personal differences and have joined a massive Organization consisting of various other corrupted Teams. No one knows what they have in store. They also reside solely in the Hoenn region.

The Cipher Organization - not much is known about this Team, they have reportedly kidnapped the three Legendary Birds, the three Legendary Beats, Rayquaza, Lugia and Ho-oh... and that, after Ho-oh's freedom, they are led by a man named Greevil... They reside in the Orre region.

Team Go-Rock Squad - never heard of till their supplied notice, Team Go-Rock Squad has apparently joined forces with the other Teams in order to conquer the world. They reside in the Fiore region.

Team Galactic - only being caught out in the open once, this sly Team resides solely in the Sinnoh region... They mention on one of their notices about the fall of Time and Space. Could they be up to something to capture the Time- and Space-Rulers, Dialga and Palkia?

Now please, enjoy.
    Ah, one more thing. Be sure to look at what date the entries are (so not to cause confusion), and if you need to back track, please do so.

DARKRAI DARKURAI: Entries of a Dark Heart

Tuesday 01/05/2007

A Pause...

My first recorded entry...

The days are passing by slowly... Ever so slowly... I await the night of the New Moon, where I can arise in all my lustrous power. So much so, I frighten away all the Insignificants and their Trainers. I mock their pathetic plight, as I do my Mortal Enemy on this night... as she is as weak as a newborn... Cresselia. Oh, such a feud between us! How did it all start? It was so long ago, and yet it clings to me as fresh as if it happened just yester-day...

I was created by my Master, the Arceus. Arceus created the Moon for us, for the planet, so that we could have something to gaze upon those nights we lie awake; something beautiful, majestic, mysterious.
    He created me in the likeness of Evil, as all things have Evil whence they are born... Without it, there would be no meaning to life.
    He then created my sworn Enemy to be the protector of the Evil ones, as it is such, even Evil dies and the Goodness within can control ones destiny...
    I despised her, for being in the more vital role. I was mere Evil -- with powers that could be vanquished as quickly as they are laid upon. So I summoned myself to He... to speak about the levels of power between She and Me. Arceus reconsidered his plans for me... as it is such, Evil and Good must balance the world. So he gave us equal powers -- I would gain powers during the nights of the Waning and New Moon, whilst She would gain powers during the Waxing and Full Moon... such nights I dare not face her; only in secret do I plague the world with my power...

As it is, we are Enemies: I create the Evil, yet she protects those who have the Evil... No. She doesn't protect them, not just. She heals them, cures them of me. I create nightmares... Inexplicable terrors that no one can arise from... but she... She awakens them with a mere Feather. A Lunar Wing... is all that is required.
    But even so, I can return to the victim and mutilate them from within the confines of their Imaginary. But then she will return to the ailing and heal them... The process recycles itself. It is what we were created for. It was what we were destined to do... I would destroy lives with Evil, she would reconstruct those lives again and put them in place... No matter what I do, we cancel each other out...

There will be a day when her powers will no longer be a match for me, where the balance will be broken from whence it was set by my Master. A time where her Feathers will be of no use to her, as my powers are no use to me as of now... during this time of the Full Moon... but soon... Soon, my plan will be underway...

Until then... shall I plague thee with terrors...

*BIG thanks to Shrukan for the Darkrai banner!

^ Heya.

< Name was inspired by an old Lugia evolution he created (but was ultimately thrown away by unknowing parent..........).

v Has been through the looking glass.

Wicked asteroid explosions/details. I've always loved HAL Labs in their work with detail (I find it inspiring), and now Sora is doing an excellent job of it. This is definately going to be one of the first stages I will go to when I buy this game.

Well, now for a short hiatus till Monday rolls around...

I'm liking this one. Definately. Though there have been a million Sonic-Mario crossovers, I think this is the first time I've seen Bowser and Robotnik actually swap parts, to take out each other's enemies... Bowser's plans may not work against Mario, but they may work against Sonic. And Eggman's schemes may always be foiled by Sonic, but they may be not so by Mario. Interesting, interesting.

Keep it up. I'm interested in the next chapter.

Hmm. Simple enough.

Your REAL name: Joshua.
    Age?: *disclosed for personal reasons*
    Gender?: Male.
    Personality?: Quiet; introverted most of the time, except with friends; can't handle people of this generation; a "sour sport" if I lose at something I know I'm good at (especially against my younger siblings... *coughSmashBrosMeleecough*); becomes fumed if friends are messed with; likes to view the world in a "psychology"-ish way, and think optimistically ("It could have been worse!").
    Favorite Hobby?: Playing games, and/or typing/writing.
    Favorite thing to do in a day?: ...Playing games, and/or typing/writing.
    Favorite Game?: ********* ********.
    Favorite Zelda Game (if any)?: Wind Waker.
    Favorite Book?: Nocturnal Illusion by Jack Bushell.
    Favorite Television show?: Yu Yu Hakusho, or LOST.
    Favorite movie?: Err... Possibly Schindler's List.
    Favorite type of music?: Rock (mainly... no, definately System of a Down), video game music.
    Education?: High school.
    Job?: N/A

Bahh, should have expected an update like this... Ack. How can Sakurai possibly live with himself, having to withhold such tempting information from the fans?? I would have cracked a long time ago. :P

Fox is a good character. Very speedy, and can pull of some unthinkable combos. It's just that you have to have quick reactions for most of them. I've tried him, but I normally tumble off the stage by the time I know it because I get carried away with his moves...

Heh, Sakurai's got a sense of humor... That last picture reminds me of another I saw of Wario, jumping in the air, about to munch on Mario... except someone edited the picture and pasted Sonic's head on Mario's, and called him "Sonic the Breakfast". Did I have a good morning after that. :)