Posts by TriforceMaster3000

Quote from Steelia

TriforceMaster3000: Of course the graphics from Melee weren't improved just by putting it in the Wii. But in my case, the Wii's more powerful engine enabled my Melee game to do things it couldn't do in my GCN (for some odd reason, Pokemon Stadium always froze on the GCN about a minute or two into the match, ALWAYS, even when I first got my GCN this was a major issue -- on the Wii, however, it works like a charm... and it's not the disc, as I have two Melee games, and both work fine on the Wii, but not on my GCN).

That's your Gamecube itself wearing out. Mine wore out as well, where it would constantly freeze whatever game I put in. I finally got a Wii though.

Okay. You guys got the WRONG facts here.

1.) I have Comcast.

2.) I have a modem and router. Routers are better to use than Nintendo's own USB thing (which sucks ass btw).

3.) My comcast on my computer runs like a cheetah.

4.) I used to have WOW. It sucked. Then I switched to Comcast. Which ever since I did, my Wii's connection has been GREAT and I have had hardly any lag on DS Wi-Fi.

5.) It's your router. I can guarantee it. I have Comcast, and it does not 'suck major balls' as was said. If anything, Comcast is a great internet service. Overall. My Wii never disconnects unless my computer itself wants to act gay. But that's also been downsized since I got Comcast. And the load times are like, 2 seconds, if that, on the browser for the Wii. Thing is, I never use the Wii Browser unless I want to watch videos in the living room or my parents are on the computer. The thing is so limited, and if I were typing this on my Wii, it'd take a century. But I've NEVER had a problem with the Wii's Internet. If there's one thing I've had problems with as far as connection-wise goes, it's the Shop Channel.

First off, I liked SMB2 and Time Machine. I have played some of the others, and they sucked to me. I will not comment on the rest because I have not played them, and don't want to be bias.

Secondly, I'm not a fan of Screw Attack these days. They're such arrogant asses. They think they're funny. They're not. They think they're cool. They're not. They also trash other people's opinions, and are completely rude. I discovered them a few months back, and started watching their stuff. Was impressed by the game collection of Handsome Tom. But like, the majority of their videos make me want to punch them in the face for being such dicks.

Just my say is all...

Maybe try finding proof on youtube or something to see which one of you is right? Heh.

Edit: Mmm. Just remembered that it doesn't matter how a graphics engine is, it doesn't improve the graphics of a game from a past system. A GCN game will have GCN graphics, the same ones, because it was made for the Wii. That's like saying playing a GBA game will have better graphics when played on the DS. Not the case. Melee was made for GCN. The Wii nor the game itself was modified for the Wii. The Wii was made to be backwards compatible with the whole (or most of it...) GCN library. But that's only backwards compatibility. They would have had to modify future copies of the game OR modify components in the Wii just so the games would have different graphical capabilities. Which they didn't. However, their VC games were modified, but the graphics themselves weren't improved. Just framerate and stuff issues. That's because they have to emulate them, which is different than backwards compatibility, and thus, they are able to rework things. So they couldn't do anything to Melee unless they instead reworked it. Which they didn't. Why would they?

There. Wanted to add that.

Quote from Steelia

Kind of like Harvest Moon, then? ^_^ That's what I thought... Bahh.

Sorry, had to comment. Anyways, Harvest moon and AC are VERY comparable. It's just, Harvest moon, is more of a farm theme, and is more...hm..."mature"....I would say than AC is. But they are very similiar.

Now, about today's updates. I just thought of something. Take screenshots, maybe save them to your Wii message board, and send them to people? Ehh?

Then those fans are mentally retarded. AC is not violent. I've played the gamecube version lots of times and I own the DS version. It isn't violent. I mean, there is merely a little comedic violence, but there is no fighting whatsoever, no fists thrown, no kicks, no blood, no heads getting shot off with shot guns, no swords cutting people up, none of that. AC, for the most part, is, what some would call, a "sun-shiny happy game." But still good.

I don't think any were...

And I'm an AC fan. And I know AC fans too. Being an AC fan isn't dumb. However, not having common sense, is. And that's what a lot of people don't have these days. I do, so, I like AC, but in my opinion. It. Does. Not. Belong. And I formed that opinion from common sense. How can the characters fight? The only things I can see is using stuff like the axe, butterfly net, etc. But it still doesn't even feel right. It just doesn't belong.

Quote from Steelia

As for the movies, it's because the only thing people are interested in nowadays is money (and other corruption details, I'm sure). So long as the movie brings in the cash, they don't give a hoot on what it's about, and don't care what critics think and how the audience feels. It's all about the money.

Agreed. Besides, compare stuff you buy in stores and crap, like, electronic and mechanical stuff, and even regular stuff like shoes. Compare today's crap to older versions of the stuff that was made like, a decade ago. Our tech may be better, but the overall endurance, and how long it lasts? Nahhh. Cars from like, the 80s are still here today. Cars people bought from like, 2004 are breaking down. I constantly have to buy new shoes every few months. before the millenium hit, I usually only needed to buy shoes once a year, because they lasted that long. It's all a scheme. Make their stuff look and be cooler so it attracts people, yet make it to where it lasts shortly, so when it breaks down, people buy more, thus, more money. It's retarded, really. People are way too money hungry.

By the way, AC is like, the worst type of series for a fighting game. Just because they have a level, does not mean they can have a character. I mean, they have the final battlefields where you fight the hands and giga bowser, but you can't unlock them, can you? Besides, there's been characters that don't have a stage. Why not vice versa? As well as like I said, AC characters are the worst shape for fighting.