Posts by Twistkill

What I hate is that people says originality for the XBox 360. Oh sure, originality when we have 150 FPS on the Xbox. :/

I say gaming has had it now.

Hypoerbole, for one.

Secondly, where are you getting originality from? That isn't one of their primary concerns, it's high levels of detail, good action and variety, combined with a smooth online system for their games, most of which are all aimed at regular or at the very least casual gamers, the obvious demographic more willing to pay.

That was thought out.
    Sales ATM:
    Wii- 13,177,457
    XBox 360- 12,731,654
    PS3- 5,453,687

The 360 was out a year longer than the Wii, and the Wii has passed it up WITH the shortages...and for the PS3...Sony might as well kill themselves.

Yes, the PS3 is having a bad start, but it will gain its legs eventually. Similarly, the Wii is sky rocketing because everyone can play a few of the Wii minigames and thinks it's some amazing new system of entertainment, but the rest of the library is only for more regular gamers.

Sales are only a determining factor of how popular a system is, not how good it actually is using an objective analysis. Unless you wish to perform one of those, which I doubt you even know how to, then you can put your little numbers away.

Secondly, please show what source you are using to obtain these figures. I once saw sales where the 360 had over 16 million. It's probably biased and inaccurate judging from your posts.

Meh, everyone is frustrated with school, it's expected to behave like that sometimes... just not to your extent.

Also, jealousy and anger should not be influenced by forums... these are just fansites, for God's sake. You act as if he owns a Lamborghini and you're driving a Pinto and you get made fun of it every day at work.

Do you realize how completely ignorant it is of you guys to bring up the graphics argument? I'm guessing... no.

For one thing, the good gameplay portion is pure opinion. When was the last time you saw a game that was really violent with having no good gameplay at all? God of War? Incorrect. God of War was actually considered, by many, one of the best games of the year for its gameplay, besides the violence involved. GTA? Even more incorrect. Like GoW, it was considered one of the best Action games because of its gameplay and unmatched open-endedness, besides the violence. Besides, it has some of the worst graphics out of any of the last generation games. Is that saying anything to you?

I can't think of any other violent games like these right now, but my point remains. If you're going to accuse the game companies of making crappy games with lots of violence... actually, just don't, because it's false.

Also, the violence isn't just there for "BLOOD WHOO" responses. The violence is there to make an emphasis. The violence is there for you to remember the game well. You'll think back and say "Woah, I remember that scene where...*cue gore*". It's simply to make you reminisce about it. The other reason for a high violence is because of the fantasy factor. You know how Mario and Zelda are very fantasy-like and are virtually completely fictional? Well, the violence is exaggerated or emphasized because we cannot do the same things in real life. It's the same concept, only done in a more mature way.

The majority of the Gamecube/Wii's games are first-party. (Made by them) People accuse Nintendo of making childish games. This is partly true. The majority of the Gamecube's best-selling games were anything involving Mario and friends, Starfox, and Link/Zelda, (except Metroid, that's awesome). All of these games, (Besides TP) are rated E. These games are made by Nintendo themselves, so if people accuse Nintendo of making childish games, they are partly correct, due to the game company behind them as well as the console itself being in conjunction...

Furthermore, please do not get the impression that I hate Nintendo. Their reputation for releasing games geared more for somewhat younger kids (Pokemon, Mario and friends, Link/Zelda) is what turns me off to them, but I do not think they're a bad company at all. Their games are great in content, but what skins are put onto that content is the deciding factor for me.

They haven't changed much over the last 20 years. They're still using Mario and Zelda in their games, through all of the generations, and they're still utilizing fantasy stories much like fairytales you would tell children.

I don't understand the "Sony fanboy/girl" or "Microsoft fanboy/girl" accusations against people who only have those systems. You're attacking someone for having a console that hardly has any of the respective company's games on there... which is silly.

The graphics are being heavily upgraded, but it's up to the game company, not Sony or Microsoft, to come out with some good gameplay, which can already be done. Remember, do not think that just because a game has an excellent level of detail means it automatically has bad gameplay. The level of detail in a game is objective, whereas the enjoyability of those games are not. Do not tell me otherwise.

Graphics are important these days. You can disagree with me all you want, but they do make a difference. I'm not saying they're the only thing that's important, but a game with good renders and a smooth framerate is more enjoyable than a game that is lacking aforementioned things.

It's not the power that matters within a system, it's the ingenuity that matters. The Wii has the best of both worlds, graphics (Have you seen Metroid Prime 3 , or Super Mario Galaxy's) and most of all controls (The Wiiremote revolutionized gaming controllers).

So it's not what's on the inside, it's what people think of it and how they use it, and enjoy it.

The Wii controls are different, not necessarily better. I've had lots of ****ed up swings on tennis or the grapple beam in Prime 3 not responding efficiently. Revolutionary is an exaggeration, because there was the Eyetoy, that was a very similiar thing to play around with, Nintendo just developed it more.

Secondly, do not even start on graphics. Prime 3 and Brawl are exceptions, but the 360 and PS3 definitely both have the Wii beat in power.

Furthermore, the Wii is too bubbly. It's obvious that younger folks will be entertained by it more. Do you stop to listen to the sounds or the menu effects? They are very bloopy and clicky... and the menu buttons are rounded and flashy.

The Wii also has less multimedia and online (game-wise, I'm not talking about Miis here) functions than the other 2.

Uh... good luck? O_o

1) The only one I have as of now is to drink more water... it's why I have such horrible skin. I may also consider dieting again, because I lost 30 pounds since June, and I stopped for a while to coast.

2) Well, I'm going to force myself... because I like drinks with flavor in them. :|

3) I'll give an honest effort.

Okay, I've just about had it.
    Stop with the mocking right now.

If you ask me, it's very unprofessional of you all to mock a banned member, even if she wasn't the best to get along with.

*locked*

What the hell are you talking about? Do you actually read posts, or do you simply see Shrukan's name and judge it negatively automatically? I'm guessing the latter. We're not "mocking" her at all.

By the way people, she also apologized for that quote, so you can ignore it now.

The Wii is going to run into some limitations sooner or later due to underpowered hardware, and the controller can only be intuitive and exciting to a point. The only "family friendly" aspects of the Wii is that you have Wii Sports and Play, and the other minigames like Smooth Moves... that's about it. Your parents probably aren't going to be able to play RE4, Prime 3, SSX Blur, or Smash Bros Brawl. (Although Metroid Prime 3 owns your mom's face 3 times.)

Secondly, sales are not a determining factor of how good a console is, this only shows its popularity. The PS3 and 360 are superior to the Wii in everything except for controls and probably the price, but you get what you pay for.

You can get Unreal Tounrment at any store that sells software. Like Haystings will give you the battle chest >.<

I should tell you, UT2K4 will be slow if you don't have a powerful video card. Thats the only reason why I don't have it on my shitty computer >.<

Yes, I am aware that I can easily obtain it... seeing as I already said that. I have 2 EB Games less then 5 minutes from my house, a Best Buy, a Future Shop, a Wal-Mart, and some other places.

Also... didn't I just say that it runs surprisingly well on my machine? :P My video card isn't even that great and it runs well. I guess UT is somehow magical.

I have a demo of UT2004, but I do not play online though. I might start doing that soon, however. I am also considering purchasing the full version, because it's very inexpensive and easy to obtain at this point. My computer is not very advanced, and the game runs surprisingly well on my machine, so it's good for me. UT3, the latest version, which just came out very recently, is out of the question...