Posts by Twistkill

Quote from Shrukan

Could you guys do this in PM? Um... locky?

You try too hard. All I did was address something of his, and now we were just about to bring it back on topic, but you lock it? Unnecessary. =_=

Quote from Happy Mask Salesman

Yes your highness, glad to see you picked up on the forum rules, I've always posted fast, it makes me stay interested in the site... but i guess i can post slower, however you wont see me on nearly as much, and in time i might forget about this....

"Your highness"? lol, I'm still a regular person to talk to.

Happy Mask Salesman, I find that you seem to be posting quite rapidly, especially on commenting on lots of other posts... you're actually not breaking any rules of the forum, though. I request that you simply not go so fast - you could get carried away in the future and end up spamming without even realizing it.

Quote from Shrukan

Twilight Princess was not supposed to be aimed at young kids because there was blood and violence. Nintendo is going to go more mature as well and not just family games. *pokes Resident Evil 4* I'm guessing more games, including Zelda, will be more violent and such.

What I don't like is games that are too mature, evil though I'm 16 and almost mature, I don't like it. Sure, we got GTA and such. Hey pick up a real gun. See? Mature games usually have some stupid "Almost Real Life" feeling to it.

Wow.

Are you Jack Thompson now? Please do not become one of those moms against video games characters just because they're violent. It's actually better to have these games around to vent anger upon than not having them. The games are NOT like real life, and in fact, on the opening screen of GTA: San Andreas, there is this message: "The creators of this game do not endorse, condone, or encourage this kind of behavior." I really didn't expect you to say that "It has some sort of stupid almost real life" feel to it, because it... doesn't.

The people who commit crimes because of video games are only the ones who can no longer differentiate the barrier between fantasy and real life, so you're entirely wrong there.

And look at this - a direct quite from you:

I think people who kill others have something wrong with them, and its not the games itself. I don't think games make you more violent. :/

Therefore, your entire paragraph on Twilight Princess and violence is hypocritical - because you played TP, you're now more likely to jump on a horse and shoot arrows at people. Hey, it's just like the game, right?

And, I personally think you're not "almost mature", Shrukan. You're just... not. I'm sorry...

Secondly, Nintendo didn't make Resident Evil 4. Capcom did. It only got put on the Gamecube, and now it's on Wii. The majority of Nintendo's games are first-party (Made by themselves, just so you know), and none of them have been above E except for Twilight Princess. The onyl mature games currently on the Wii are not made by them. Red Steel, RE4, Call of Duty... all third party games. Nintendo isn't making more mature games, the other guys are - and putting it on their console.

You said yourself there's silver blood dripping from some creature in TP. Manhunt? THAT's violent. Although... I've heard the game wasn't anything more than that - that's what makes an ultra-violent game bad, not just because it's bloody. All violent games are mature for a reason - to create a vivid image in your head. It is plain and simple fun to have violence and blood because we cannot get away with it in real life.

Sorry if I sounded angry. :P

Okay then.

It's okay, but I've simply grown tired of these biased points of view, because when it comes to the power or even the features of the consoles, the PS3 is the best, with 360 in second, and the Wii in third, albeit it is more unique than the other 2. Remember, the graphics could have always been amazing because of the game companies, it's just that no one had any hardware that could have handled them. Now we do. See what I mean? That's all that's changed. Amazing gameplay from games that already have good gameplay like God of War or Grand Theft Auto has not changed, but the graphics get a facelift, so the games are pretty much twice as good as before. Thats what I'm getting at here.

I personally just do not want a Wii, that's all. I do not hate it, I do not say "It sucks" because that's not true, I do not say it's only for kids...

Although a lot of the games are intended for a younger audience, this is undeniable, I'm not saying it as an insult - I believe that it's a good thing that Nintendo is aiming to bring younger folk into the world of video games early on. See the difference? Instead of trying to make it seem terrible, I made it into something positive.

Also, the Wii doesn't feel right with me. I did manage to play it a little bit at my cousin's house in New Jersey before we moved, and I admit it was much different - Wii sports was pretty cool, actually, but I simply do not wish to have the console because constantly standing and moving my arms around makes people tired - it would feel more like a chore than playing a game. This also ties in with the ideal that the Wii is better than the other 2 consoles because it gives you more activity - this might be partially true, but then when people complain about moving around too much like I just stated, then they say "Oh, you don't have to move much!". That pretty much defeats the purpose.

:)

I personally feel that one cannot achieve enlightenment before becoming educated in the cultures of people with different skin colors or ethnic backgrounds. Racism is simply an extreme form of ignorance on the part of the person believing such thoughts or even phrases or jokes that a person states. Instead of making terrible negative connotations or possibly even direct attacks towards a particular culture, a person should instead learn what they are doing before committing any more acts of racism.

Also, might I add that we, as humans, are called the "human race". Therefore, every single person on earth is of one race - the only differentiating features are our skin colors and customs of our origin - and that's about it.

Therefore, I have ceased to try and help you. I will not badger you any further with any more suggestions to try and stay offline. Try to get into a career that gives you an excuse to be on the computer a lot, then, such as graphic/website design, or maybe a game programmer. Think, you could work on a Zelda game in 2018 on Nintendo's Wii 3 and a half.

That's all I have left to suggest.

Quote from Shrukan

There's a problem. Kritius can not always comes over, and she is the only close friend I have home. I played all my games at home a hundred times, including Twilight Princess, SSB, and most of Mario ones. Talking a walk is somewhat stupid since it'll get me even mroe bored (and we have loose dogs around here).

I do draw, but all I seem is to draw Shrukan all the time. And when I'm not drawing I try my best to avoid a writer's block in "Shrukan"... So far I'm at Chapter 5 but I need a inspiration... :/

Mom never does anything with me. Dad is sick (you know that).

I always have a reason not to do things ^^;

Those are all pretty legitimate excuses for everything except for Mom not doing anything with you and not drawing anything except for Shrukan.

Honestly, try to really think about who Shrukan Caelistis is: a fictional character. He is not real, and therefore someone you created in your mind, and have even christened as your online persona. "Twistkill" is just a name I heard somewhere and decided to use. Although there are other Twistkills on other places that are not me. You cannot come up with anything else to draw besides Shrukan, yet he has to be drawn by imagination. This means you have good imagination and therefore can use it for something else. Maybe just try drawing some other cartoon characters, or maybe just try to cartoonify real people? Hell, celebrities, even?

Walking won't be boring, but I can understand if you have loose dogs around. I hate dogs in general, especially after I got bitten by one last year.

As for your mom not doing anything with you, that is not a good reason, and that is not good parenting, either. (No offense to her) Approach her one day and say "Mom, can we do something together?" How about card games? Ask her about things you would like to know, even very broad subjects? Watch a funny movie, maybe, if there are any good ones on tv?

I'm just giving as many suggestions as I can to try and help you overcome your solitude and obsession with your online worlds.

Quote from Shrukan

I'm having one of those "oh crap. I'm worried." times.

My friend said he had a guild one time, left it alone, and it died a month later since his "leader pick" was not responsible.

So I'm just worried.

I hate when I say things like this, but I have nothing better than maintaining Zelda Temple.

Try something else that interests you. Play SSB, make some more drawings on paper or in Paint (I've seen works from both, you're really good, so keep doing more), try and call up some friends to hang out at the mall or the movie theatre, try looking for a job, even if it's just washing cars, try doing things around your house...

Hell, I don't do much all day either, but I bet I can somehow stay away from the internet for at least 2 days by disconnecting my computer from my router and hiding the cord somewhere. I know you have summer school, so try planning something when you get home before it gets dark - even if it's something as simple as talking a walk around your neighbourhood for half an hour. When it gets dark outside, try to play some board games with your family if you have any, just work on your drawing skill, play some of your video games, offer to possibly even wash dishes, (Okay, maybe I would never do that, but still) or think of something other than going on here, because you're honestly trying too hard. That's what I have to offer.

So, another day you say you're leaving and you didn't... I just wish, that if you promise you say you're going to leave, then do so, because you're fooling me. This happened on ZD, you logged in everyday after you said you left. I just need to know if you're really going to be offline or if you're making false promises. Once you say you leave, then I register in my head "Shrukan said she left, so she most likely will not be online" but then I see you logged in. It's just really tricking me, honestly... =(

Orange or grape soda, apricot nectar, apple or grape juice, Mountain Dew, Cherry Coke, occasionally beer...

All of the ones listed above have more points, however, so I hardly ever drink any sodas that aren't diet anymore. Coke and Sprite Zero, Diet Pepsi or Coke...

You don't have to read the rest of this, I'm just blabbering:

The "points" are form my diet. You get a certain amount of points per day according to your height, age, gender, and weight. Every food's amount of points is based on how many calories and fat it has according to its serving size. 12 oz of regular soda (1 can, to make it simpler) is 3 points, whereas all diet sodas are 0 points because they have no calories or fat, so I can basically have an unlimited amount without worrying about my diet for the day.

OH NOEZ DA FOARM IZ FALING APRT CUZ PPL R LEEVING

I'm sorry to hear that recent events have irritated you to the point of making a decision to take a temporary hiatus from the forum, Happy Mask Salesman. We would appreciate a hasty return.

Quote from Shrukan

I wish I had a pet, but I can't take care of one because of the stupid park rules.

What rules are established in your park? A scooping rule is typically implemented - you must clean up any waste that your pet leaves behind, which is most often a dog. Why not some fish? Or maybe a cat? Both of those pets can be kept inside, and they're not very difficult to come by. The SPCA usually has cats up for adoption, and at a very reasonable price, too.

As the title may have suggested, this a picture for your pets. Pictures, funny stories, pets that you used to have but died (That's unfortunate), pets you wish you had (even exotic or fictional ones), or anything else that you deem good about pets you can post here.

I've got some pictures of my 2 cats here. All taken with my phone's camera.

Mimi taking a nap on my parent's bed:

http://i19.tinypic.com/4konoso.jpg

Mimi yawning after the nap (Sorry for the poor quality)

http://i13.tinypic.com/689fmaf.jpg

Mimi just chillin:

http://i13.tinypic.com/5y21dle.jpg

Desy taking a nap on my bed:

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/472/spa0040fe9.jpg

Desy yawning after the nap:

http://i18.tinypic.com/689h6c8.jpg

=)

Quote from mortuaries

if sonic is in this game too ill go hang myself XD

That wouldn't be fair, because Sonic would be able to to pass everyone without even using a kart. :Q

I wonder how Mario Kart on the Wii will work out. I'm sure Nintendo will be able to do something to make it interesting.