Posts by Twistkill

Pretty self-explanatory. If you aren't comfortable posting your weight due to personal reasons, then just say so - no one's going to force you.

I'm 5'11, 232 pounds. I'm currently on the Weight Watchers diet to get rid of some of my weight. I started it about 1 month ago and I've already lost about 24 pounds, so I'm doing pretty good.

Actually, I'm not. I'm here for the interaction with the community. I did play a little bit of OoT at my cousin's house before, and a bit of LoZ on my NES emulator in the past, but I otherwise never really got into Zelda. Don't hate me. :D

Quote from Steelia

The point was that I haven't really liked it to begin with, and seeing how most people are always talking about it that "it's so great" when it comes to graphics (that I believe), but what's the point if there's not any good gameplay?

This is a very common argument that is not valid. When it comes to graphics, they're becoming advanced to the point of photo-realistic. These are visually appealing things that games should have, but of course that's not the ONLY reason why a game should be good, I agree with that. However, when was the last time you saw a game with amazing graphics but very little to offer in gameplay? Because graphics are a visual aspect of games, people can witness them on a video or screenshots and say "OH YEH BUT DA GAEMPLAI MUST BE GUD 2".

My point here is that people can see good graphics on a game without actually being there, but when it comes to gameplay, you must experience it yourself. Therefore, no one can judge any of the games without playing them. Making assumptions that just because a game has good graphics means it automatically has bad gameplay is ludicrous and unfair, which is what the majority of people appear to do.

Oh, I should also mention this: People seem to be saying the PS3 sucks because it only focuses on graphics. No it doesn't. It simply has the ability to render much better graphics, but they're still from the game itself, not the console. The same thing goes for the gameplay. This is a step forward towards realism.

I hope you guys understand what I'm saying now. :)

If only the Wii and PS3 could be combined into one super 1337 machine... The Wiimote with PS3's graphics, plus the blu-ray and hard drive, plus the combination of all the features like Miis or etc. would be absolute ownage. It would be called... the Wiistation.

(Oh, and I personally think Wii is a silly name. The Revolution was a much better name for it, but I can see why Nintendo didn't decide to use it; it doesn't quite fit.)

Quote from Happy Mask Salesman

Well if you rigged a ps3 it would be a supercomputer, with the graphics and processor it has, too bad all the games out are lame.

The games aspect of it is subjective, whereas the specifications of the machine are not. That's my main point here.

Quote from Steelia

I've personally never liked the PS line to begin with. The graphics sucked in the first few generations (compare to Xbox and GCN), and they ONLY had 2 players. Come on, now! I don't want to buy an attachment just to have 4 players! 2 player was... ehem... SOOO Super Nintendo. :P

As for the price, why couldn't they be more reasonable?? I could buy a laptop or computer with better graphics (and better games) than this.
    [/rant]

1) That isn't really a rant.

2) No, you can't buy a computer with better graphics, you can buy a computer that can handle games with better graphics than the PS3. Of course you can. Only if you're willing to shell out approximately $1,200. That's how advanced it would have to be to compare.

Also, that laptop wouldn't have a Blu-ray player, which is another $1000. (Now, of course, it's actually a computer, so it is capable of executing software on a hard drive and etc. but we're comparing consoles here, not computers.)

The price is actually absolutely amazing for what you're getting, it's just that people often overlook what features it has, including you.

Even though I don't plan on getting this game, let alone a Wii, that bumper would be useful if you placed it right at the edge of a platform and forced people to be flung off. Unfortunately, your opponent might catch on to your strategy and use it against yourself. (I've played SSBM before at my friend's house)

Quote from X3 AL3X X3

Welcome, I heard Mountain dew shrinks a guys bal*s O_o

For one, that was wrong, it supposedly reduced a man's sperm count, and two, it was only a myth.

Thirdly, welcome to the forums, LINKANDZELDA, and fourth, I want some Mountain Dew too. Fifth, I should stop beginning my sentences with sequential numbering words.

Rock and/or Metal: 10 Years, Staind, Breaking Benjamin, Three Day's Grace, Dragonforce, Avenged Sevenfold, Disturbed, and Linkin Park occasionally.

Electronica/Dancehall: Dj Micro, Dj Tiesto, Ian Van Dahl, Paul Oakenfold, and a bit of Cascada.

Rap or Hip-Hop: Ludacris, Rick Ross, Young Jeezy, Jay-Z, T-Pain, Rhianna, Usher...

Quote from Happy Mask Salesman

Agreed, i loved this movie ,its one of my faves.... best five dollars i've spent..... Yep half of what you payed lol.

Movie theatre in a mall? Because you obviously didn't go to a good theatre. I went to SilverCity in Richmond Hill, which is an approximate 5 minute drive away from here, it's in the Cineplex chain - excellent quality sound and a very large screen. =)

Comparing the programming code of software to a butterfly's wing flaps contributing to a large ecological phenomenon is somewhat unorthodox due to their vast differences. The energy outputted by a butterfly's wings is so insignificant that it realistically cannot cause anything different to occur, but this theory believes otherwise. I really do not much to say in the matter, however.

I thought the movie was good, though.

We are incorrect in placing the blame solely on completely natural occurrences, however. The human race has contributed to the hole in the ozone layer, which has affected the earth's climate. The average temperature of the oceans have actually escalated by 1 degree Fahrenheit in recent years. This obviously sounds quite asinine, but I assure you it is indeed a larger problem than we believe it to be.

Maybe we cannot prevent Global Warming, but we can reduce the rate of the destruction of the ozone layer by using more energy efficient machines or vehicles that reduce their emissions output to support a more healthy environment.

Soldat (Totally free side scrolling online shooting game, Windows only, with an optional $14 registration to get cosmetic effects that do not change the weapons, so it's fair) and Unreal Tournament 2004 (Free demo version).

Name in Soldat: Twistkill.Qc (.Qc is my clan tag)
    Name in UT2004: Twistkill

Oh, and Runescape fails with a passion, even if it is free. Soldat is infinitely better.

Some amazing videos:

Dragonforce - Through the Fire and Flames: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV0qM6-HLuk (This song is not available in the original game, he modified it on his computer)
    Lynyrd Skynyrd - Free Bird. You'll like this one, kaitster... 100% on expert! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeilR-gZ4k0

I myself have never played either of the Guitar Heroes, and I hear they're extremely fun to play, but I have never been good with rhythm based games. ;_;