• I think I kind of remember seeing that on a poster a long time ago. It is pretty cool how it all connects.
    While Unova and Kanto region are inspired on real cities (which I also find pretty cool) I don't see why they couldn't belong to the same world in the Pokémon Franchise.

They were too big to implement, thus they were removed from the original 4 regions and crafted into their own thing, thus making the who idea of "Importing Pokémon" a legitament thing.

• Official Post

They were too big to implement, thus they were removed from the original 4 regions and crafted into their own thing

Same world but different regions. I think we're on the same page.
    I hadn't thought on the import thing, it's pretty funny now that you mention it, haha.

• I think I kind of remember seeing that on a poster a long time ago. It is pretty cool how it all connects.
    While Unova and Kanto region are inspired on real cities (which I also find pretty cool) I don't see why they couldn't belong to the same world in the Pokémon Franchise.

All regions are based off parts of the real world. Kanto is based off of the Kanto region (yes that is its real name) of Japan, Johto is based off of the Kansai region, west of Kanto. Hoenn is based off of the Kyushu region of Japan. Sinnoh is based off of the Hokkaido region of Japan. Unova is based on America, or if you want to be specific, New York City. Kalos is based off of France. Now we wait for Gen 7 to be based off of North Korea...

*insert something witty here*

• All regions are based off parts of the real world. Kanto is based off of the Kanto region (yes that is its real name) of Japan, Johto is based off of the Kansai region, west of Kanto. Hoenn is based off of the Kyushu region of Japan. Sinnoh is based off of the Hokkaido region of Japan. Unova is based on America, or if you want to be specific, New York City. Kalos is based off of France. Now we wait for Gen 7 to be based off of North Korea...

Actually the next region is supposedly to be based on Australia.

• Official Post

Actually the next region is supposedly to be based on Australia.

*spills out the coffee*

That's interesting. I doubt it'd be where I live, probably the fancy usual location with the House of the Opera. This gives me a reason to keep an eye out for now.