The importance of being honest

• Everybody is aware of the whole downside to lying, and when we were all children I'm sure most of s got punished if, heaven forbid, we ever fibbed to our parents...But what about fibbing to your consumers?

Everywhere we go now-a-days you see products being ripped from others and marketed as an original idea. This generally p!$$3$ me off! How many times have you walked into a grocery store only to find that the genuine cereal you eat every morning has been ripped off by a lesser, more inexpensive company only to find out it's the exact same thing? I can deal with shady cereal, but when it comes to my VG's, I can get pretty testy.

My main topic for this article spawned roughly 1 years ago with the dawning of the Sony Playstation, which we can all agree on, was a fine piece of technology. It did everything we could think of back in 1996: Play highly defined (*cough*laugh*cough*) video games, it could play music, heck, it even boasted 2 player 3D adventures!! It was a widely acclaimed system everybody was dishing their money towards. Then came THE ANNOUNCEMENT.

Before long, Nintendo released information on a state-of-the-art gaming system, the Nintendo 64. The big surprise to this system: the Analog Joystick. This wonderful little stick rotated by your thumb was Nintendo's crowning achievement in the field of technology at the time, and everybody wanted to get their thumbs on it.
    Sony soon realized Nintendo's newfound spike in system sales and decided to do the unholy: Steal the Analog idea.

Although Nintendo was first to announce it, Sony was first to put it on the market, and claimed the idea as their own. This soon sparked a rivalry between Nintendo and Sony which, to this date, has never yet been beaten.

Sony continued to bite off Nintendo as the years flew by. With the birth of the Gamecube camed wireless controllers whic Sony also claimed for their own. Their newest theft: The Handheld industry with the PSP. Not only did they rob Nintendo from their handheld pedistal, but they also robbed them of their Revolutionary wifi gameplay. What's next for Sony to steal? A certain trademark plumber?

One board meeting and 3 lawsuits later, Sony and Nintendo both still equip their controllers with analog sticks their controllers with wireless, and their handhelds with WiFi, but I very much doubt they speak to each other anymore, even at Thanksgiving...(Humour)

Untitled-2.jpg

• There is a lot to be said about the, as I call it in my side profile, Plagarism Station 3. It has even gotten so bad that the joke during E3 '06 was "Sony has one more secret to reveal about the PS3, but they won't know what it is until Nintendo gives their press conference tomorrow".

Do you know when their original controller design was pulled? TGS 2005. What major announcement occured then? Oh yeah, Nintendo's motion sensitive controller. What new feature is in the PS3 controller? Oh yeah, motion. Hmm. But since they added the technology so late, the rumble is gone...

Anyone seen anything on the online available for the PS3. Yeah, pretty much a carbon copy of Xbox Live. And they also took Xbox's two price points.

And what is this? You can download old PS1 games and play them?! Where did they get an idea like that?

My point: the only original thing about the PS3 is blue ray, which is over half the reason it's priced so high in the first place. Way to go Sony!

<br />&quot;Brothers! What we do in life, echoes in eternity!&quot;<br /><br />-Russel Crowe, Gladiator