[Fangame] The legend of Zelda: The Trident of Power.

• titulo10.png

=========================================================================

GENERAL INFORMATION

Name: The Legend of Zelda The Trident of Power

Engine: Rpg Maker 2003 1.09 / Ultimate Rpg Maker 2009

Developer: Pizus

State: Active

Progress: 70%

Development time: 2013-2019

SIPOPSIS

Mysterious and hidden powers guard an ancient weapon made by an old tribe of powerful sorcerers. An ancient weapon used countless times by an Evil Demon who learned how to open a portal to the Dark World and thus begin to forge a realm of darkness. Even so, there was always a brave warrior who was able to stand up to him. Thus, after the last defeat of this demon, ancient sages, unable to destroy the weapon, decided to separate it into several segments and distributed them to the most inhospitable places in the world; hundreds of years have passed and the world has returned to live a time of peace.

Two powerful kingdoms have coexisted peacefully for hundreds of years, Hyrule Kingdom and Tylistem Kingdom. But there is one person who has other plans for these kingdoms and from the shadows is beginning to orchestrate what for him will be a revolution that will put an end to all the monarchies of the world. By bringing together the pieces of the legendary demon's weapon, this person will seek to radically change the world as we know it today.

CHARACTERS

link10.png

Link

The protagonist of this story, begins his adventure stranded in a desert with amnesia and endless doubts and confusion. Ex commander of the Royal Hyrule Army, must embark on an adventure seeking to avoid a war that endangers the peace and harmony that for centuries have had two neighboring kingdoms.

It is serious and maintains a strong sense of justice and courage. He has a special talent with the sword.

miya10.png

Miya

Charismatic merchant who will find the body of the protagonist stranded in the desert. He will take care of Link until he finds out what happened to him in the last few weeks. Originally from the Gerudo Tribe, she finds herself living in the Tylistem region for reasons that are still unclear. She is calm, pleasant and always maintains an extravagant sense of humor. He will begin a journey where he will forge an important relationship with our hero.

athel10.png

Commander Athel

Ex Commander of Lanayru Squadron, he is one of the main threats to the Empire. He will manage to escape alive after the battle before the overthrow. He possesses great abilities with big sword and the water magic.

From the underground he will try to recruit people to form a resistance against the Empire.

irma10.png

Irma

Coming from an elf race located in a mountainous area, Irma will be part of the organization that will face the Emperor. She is very shy and doesn't think she can contribute much in the battle, even when she comes from descendants with clear magical aptitudes. She'll have to test her nerves every time Link comes to talk to her.

raith10.png

Commander Raith

Ex Commander of the Eldin Squadron and currently one of the Four Imperial Commanders. This powerful warrior will be one of the main leaders of the rebellion against the Hyrule Kingdom. He is cold and calculating, leaving nothing to chance. He has an incredible handling with the techniques based on fire.

He seems to have a close relationship with the Emperor, who always seems to demand more than his share.

melder10.png

Melder

He is one of the Four Imperial Commanders, was advisor and right-hand man of the overthrown King Dantolus III. In charge for many years of gaining the trust of the King of Hyrule in order to generate the right moment and unleash the uprising.

He doesn't have much physical strength, but he has incomparable magical abilities. He is a man of total trust to the Emperor.

thaner10.png

Thaneris

She is one of the Four Imperial Commanders, belongs to the Intelligence Command and is a member of the Gerudo Tribe. He has an exaggerated hatred for Hylians due to the turbulent relations that existed in the past between Hyrule Kingdom and Gerudo Tribe. She will be one of the main ones in charge of following the trail of our hero.

sachie10.png

Sachiel

Ex captain of the Eldin Squadron, currently one of the Four Imperial Commanders, belongs to the Intelligence Command, Sachiel was considered by many as one of the strongest soldiers of the Royal Hyrule Army, it was even said that he possessed more power than the commanders themselves.

He was convinced by the Emperor that the path of uprising would be the best for all the peoples of the world. His actions are based on his understanding of justice, which he accepts to take into his own hands.

empera11.png

Emperor

So far, nothing is known about this person. He is the leader and General Commander of Hyrule Empire, no one knew him until before the overthrow. Because of his grandiloquent speeches he has been able to gain some popular support even within the Hylian mimes. His goal is, in the first place, to conquer the entire territory of Hyrule and then expand his domains to the lands of Tylistem.

FEATURES

-Action RPG

Fully functional battle system based on sword, shield and a large number of secondary weapons. Complemented with a wide range of enemies with different AI that when defeated will drop certain items.

-System of Hearts, Rupees and Magic:

Being as faithful as possible to the general concept that have the official games of this franchise, was programmed a system of life based on hearts, a system of money based on rupees (which will depend on the size of our bag) and the magic we will need to use more than one secondary weapon.

-Custom Key System:

Thanks to DynRpg plugins, the game has the ability to use any key at will. Keys like "A", "S", "D", "Alt", will be useful in this game to make the comfort of playing as complete as possible.

Display Spoiler

ataque10.png

-Data Storage System:

This game has a custom entry in which to start your adventure you can choose your name with a fully customized system. In addition to this, when you start the game you will see in the boxes different data of what you will carry in your adventure, you will be able to see the equipment or how many hearts you have in two different games!

Display Spoiler

310.png

-Personalized menu:

Fully customized system in which you can observe your equipment, your secondary weapons, save your adventure and even a system of options that will allow us to configure aspects of the game to make your experience in the game as pleasant as possible.

Display Spoiler

menu10.png

-System of Shops:

Customized system to obtain all kinds of objects in the game. All based on the system of rupees.

Display Spoiler

tienda10.png

-Bank System:

System to keep your money in a bank. You can deposit and withdraw money from it.

Display Spoiler

banco10.png

SCREENSHOTS

Display Spoiler

110.png

410.png

510.png

710.png

810.png

910.png

1010.png

1110.png

1210.png

1310.png

1410.png

1510.png

1610.png

1710.png

1810.png

1910.png

2010.png

2110.png

2210.png

110.png

111.png

211.png

311.png

411.png

2310.png

VIDEOS

Display Spoiler

Display Spoiler

Display Spoiler

Display Spoiler

Display Spoiler

ACLARATIONS

-The game will try to be as linear as possible, delivering a varied range of sidequest as well as offering different alternatives to the main story line. We will be able to choose to go to one dungeon before another and see what consequences that will have.

-You don't need to have the RTP installed in order to play.

-The game has an integrated patch of autoenter with what the customized title was realized.

-The soundtrack of the game is mostly MP3 files, so the game has a considerable weight.

-The game consists of a saved system based on cheackpoint. It can be saved at any time, but you must bear in mind that you will return to the last cheackpoint you have activated.

-Needless to say, this is a fangame, not for profit, but with the respective credits to the creators of the original idea.

-The game will not be encrypted, so any player who wants to open it with the maker and see how the different engines were programmed is free to do so.

-The basic program used for the game while it is the Rpg Maker 2003, is also being used the program created by Cherry, Ultimate Rpg Maker 2009.

-For now the decision is that there will be no downloads until the game is complete. Which is at a 70% advance.

-The original language of the game is Spanish, but the full version will have an English translation.

Edited 6 times, last by Pizus (February 11, 2019 at 7:12 PM).

• *rubs hands*

Oooh, I have some questions and comments to make. It is always a big pleasure seeing dedicated projects like this one to take place in the Zelda community.

I think I'll just bombard you the questions as they come to me.

1. How many people are involved in the project?

2. What made you decide to go for it and start working in a tribute fangame?

3. Is this a turn base based RPG?

4. Do you have in mind an specific Link from the other Zelda games or is this one a completely new Link?

5. If you had to place your fangame in the official timeline, whereabouts would it take place?

6. What do you mean Thaneri enjoys concho when mudering Hyruleans?

Also, we have a Spanish equivalent of the community at "http://www.comunidadzelda.com/"
    Although I had to go to hiatus for a while I am still in contact with some of the members through a whatsapp group, so I definitely would let them know of your project and it would be easier if you could post it in Spanish for us. You'd have to make another account for it, but I am sure it would be something that some members there would love to hear about your project.

Also, hearing that you got 65-70% is pretty outstanding. I've seen many projects start but few got the dedication to pull it through. Sounds like this project has been going for over 5 years and that commitment is admirable. I amd efinitely looking forward to hear the updates as you progress with it.

• Thank you, I'm quite happy for the interest in the project. I proceed to answer your questions =) :

1) I'm the only person involved in the project, I've had a couple of collaborators that only try demos of the game just to look for bugs, but they haven't been very good experiences.

2) I've always been a Zelda fan, since I was very little I've followed this beautiful saga of videogames. At the same time I've been able to use Rpg Maker for many years, an engine designed to create your own 2D role-playing games. I just had to unite those two passions hehehehe.

3) Nope, although the default Rpg Maker is for turn-based battles, my skill in the program is quite high, so I adapted the program's possibilities to make an action-rpg. The game seeks to be similar to games like Alttp, MC, LA, etc. In my youtube channel there are several videos, where you can see the battle system.

4) Not really, but still the game has many references to others. I'll do some cheating and say it's located after BoW jejeje.

5) I think this question is answered in question number 4.

6) Sorry, that was a translation error (my English is not the best and I have to rely a lot on online translators). The character information is something I need to update, but that specific character information should say the following:

"Commander of the Imperial Army, belongs to the Intelligence Command, member of the Gerudo Tribe. He has an exaggerated hatred for Hylians due to the turbulent relations that existed in the past between the Hyrule Kingdom and the Gerudo Tribe. She will be one of the main ones in charge of following the trail of our hero."

Regarding the forum in Spanish, I will tell you privately, because years ago I published this same project there, but all the information is outdated and unfortunately I lost the password for that account and I would like to recover it, especially because my native language is Spanish.

Thank you very much for your support, yes there have been several years of work on this project, but I have many hopes that during 2019 can finally be completed.

Greetings and I will leave you with the last video I uploaded to my channel. It shows the atmosphere of the dungeon I'm working in at the moment.

• I think I already said to you directly a lot of my thoughts through that DM conversation but just to leave it out in the open.

1. I am quite impressed this is a one person project and that is going strong even after so many years, not only that but the resolve to finish it this year if possible. I've noticed that very few projects, no matter how strong they start, tend to last before finding a big obstacle or having the people involved just moving into something else.
    No doubt though that what you are doing will help you for future projects. I am very excited to see it come to completion.

2. That makes a lot of sense, being familiar with the software must have been a very good help. Nice that you find a way to put together two things you enjoy so much.

3. Thank you for showing me the battle system. It is great that you were able to create bosses and real time combat for the game.

4. / 5. That makes sense. I think that's a good location to avoid too many headaches regarding placement, haha.

6. No worries, I figured as much but I never heard the term "concho" before so I thought it'd be better I asked.

From that video I find really interesting how you utilize stuff from different games, like Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time, and not just the portable or retro ones. That's really neat. Did you make a conscious decision to add a bit of the different Zelda games or is that just the sounds that made sense for you at the time?

• It's a conscious decision, because I'm a Zelda player and there are many official titles I've tried, in the creative moments of my game always have in mind certain sounds that I've ever heard in the saga.

Throughout the game, you'll find sounds from Alttp, LA, OoT, MM, WW, MC, TP and BoW. Each one has a particular use as I try not to leave anything random =p

PS: I realized that the word "concho" doesn't exist hahaha, it's just an expression from my country of origin (Chile). I always try to speak as neutrally as possible, but our country is known for having a very particular Spanish.