Link’s Awakening remake announced for the Switch

• Link's Awakening is an old game that has had a place in the hearts of many fans. It was released back in 1993. Some projects to remake it and bring it back had been made by the fans, but it seemed like it was one of those games that had long seen past their opportunity for Nintendo to look back. It was then a surprise that they ended the stream to show us a video of what seemed to be a stormy night at the sea and a small boat struggling among the giant waves. This is an animation re-imaging the original opening of Link's Awakening for the Gameboy.

Back in the day I always liked the design for Link they had in the Oracle games, so I enjoyed seeing it return for some of the recent Zelda games.
    It is quite telling that even though the game looks very similar to the way they made A Link Between Worlds the release will take place for the switch. It's aimed to be released sometime this year.

The cartoon animation was marked as "Not Actual Gameplay", so I am not sure if this means it was done just for this Direct Presentation, like the fight Link and Pit had to annouce Lady Palutena for SSB4, or if this is a cinematic (non playable moment) and we will see more through the game.

So how do you guys feel about this?

• Kyde February 13, 2019 at 5:22 PM

Changed the title of the thread from “The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening remake announced for the Switch” to “Link’s Awakening remake announced for the Switch”.