The Official Super Smash Bros Brawl Thread

• Welcome to cooking class, everyone.

Your instructor has told me your dish today will be "Fox A La Wario".

First, gather your ingrediants by banging your silverware.

Stir gently, adding flavor when necessary...

And voila! A dish only your mum could love!

They've also updated with a WarioWare song. For those familiar with the DS Wario game, Ashley's Theme has been rhythmically arranged with vocals and everything. Sounds a little Sonic-ish to me (Hell, it even matched a level I was playin), but hey, it's still sounds pretty good.

This proves not all songs have to be all instrumental. This also proves that, if Sonic IS confirmed, he can have one of his Sonic Adventure songs included as his theme. ;)

So I have a girl in my sig, big whoop, wanna fight about it?
    Sprites! < Still a W.I.P.

Quote from The Shoutbox

*Muigi has banned the user YOUR FACE from the shoutbox*

http://muigi01.deviantart.com/ Feel free to stop by!

• Haha, items, yes... Pretty sweet indeed. Unfortunately, the baseball bat doesn't appear very frequently.

• Well, apparently, there's something I missed.

If you look on the Japanese site, they have more music that's in with Kirby's Final Smash. What it is, I'm not too sure, but it sounds good at least.

Quote from The Shoutbox

• You look at the other websites...?....ooookkkaaayyy i better stay out of this,....

And what's wrong with the Japanese site? It looks the exact same as the US one, just in a different language. Just because it's in Japanese, you shouldn't assume it'll automatically have naughty pics on it or whatever.

Besides, the only reason I went to the Japanese version was because someone mentioned something extra was in it. I only look at the USA one, like most people in this forum do. Below me. :P

Quote from The Shoutbox

• Well... Steelia isn't here... Eheh, finaly a chance to post an update! ^^"

Today's update: A Newcomer character...

Sonic

The one whose Smash appearance has been most desired dashes in from far away at supersonic speed.

Sonic the Hedgehog crashes headlong into battle!

Oh god, heaven will fall, blah blah. It's SONIC. I call fan service, blech.... There's also a new movie posted, I suggest you all watch it.

Discuss...

Need help with anything? Feel free to PM me.

• Sonic? OMG, I did not see that coming for some reason, even though I did see the Youtube videos >.>

He was announced as one of the first newcomers, and you didn't see that coming Scandalous!

• Now it seems we got some bad news. It seems there's still a few bugs left in the game, so, apparently now, they're questioning the release date. As of now, it's been changed from December 3rd to TBD (meaning To Be Discussed).

Hopefully, they'll get it fixed quickly and not push it back, like they did with Japan. >>

Quote from The Shoutbox

• Now it seems we got some bad news. It seems there's still a few bugs left in the game, so, apparently now, they're questioning the release date. As of now, it's been changed from December 3rd to TBD (meaning To Be Discussed).

Hopefully, they'll get it fixed quickly and not push it back, like they did with Japan. >>

I always thought TBD meant 'To Be Dated'. Learn something new every day :tingle:

• Today we got a look at what Sonic's moves will be.

> B: Spin Dash

Like this wasn't obvious enough. You can also jump while doing this to go into the air for extra damage.

v B: Spin Charge

This is more like the original Sonic spin dash from his games. You charge it up, and then release to dart to the other side. Plain and simple.

^ B: Spring Jump

And here we thought he'd use the Homing Attack or something for this. Nope, a spring appears and springs Sonic upwards way high. Be careful when you use it on the ground...

...because then other people can also use it to get to you.

Quote from The Shoutbox

• Spin this, spin that, blech! :P

Today's update: Taking Snapshots

While playing the game, you might encounter an interesting situation. At times like this, you must PAUSE!

Stop the action and look at the scene from all different directions.

If that pause in the action makes for an interesting shot that you wish you could keep, then by all means, do so. Take a SNAAAAAAAPSHOT!

If you’re on the pause screen, you can snap a photo anytime!

*more pictures, there's a funny one with Link and Zelda*

You can take snapshots like the images we’ve shown here on Smash Bros. Dojo.

We had a snapshot mode in the past, but you couldn’t take a snapshot anytime in the middle of a match. And they were saved to a GameCube Memory Card—it wasn’t like you could save several dozens of photos.

However! This time there are SD cards! With those, you’ll have room to save plenty of snapshots!

Just give it a name and save it to either location.

But wait! There’s more!

"Send"???

This feature allows you to send your snapshots to people you’ve registered as Friends for Nintendo WFC play. So you can give them funny little screenshots as presents. You can view them in the Album.

Don’t you think you’d be happy to suddenly get a funny photo from a friend? Perhaps online brawling isn’t the only way to compete.

Uh, as for that thing that’s blurred out, that’s still a secret. We’re still in development, so I apologize in advance if it gets dropped, but we are thinking of one more trick for this mode.

I wonder what the "secret trick" is? Some kind of gallery where you can upload your pics?

There's also another newspost, the game's delayed to the 10th of February. But the game will be playable at E for all! Not all characters will be playable, and they're thinking about Sonic. But cool nonetheless!