Whats Coming Next After Phantom Hourglass?

• "Game Informer magazine issue 165 states the next Zelda Wii has already been under development for about a year and while it?s highly unlikely that Nintendo would release two Zelda games a year apart, they expect the second Zelda Wii will arrive sooner rather than later. End 2008?"

What do you guys think?

Im also pretty sure they'll have a crack at using real life graphics again as they're using WW style for the DS titles atm

• I think for the better, Nintendo should take a completely different, unique approach to the Zelda series. I believe the formula we've grown to love and in time become accustomed to is wearing thin on some fans (myself included). Some of us are hungry for something different, maybe the introduction and implementation of voice acting might be a giant and an appropriate leap for the series now that we in this day and age. The series needs a face-lift but not a complete makeover by any means, they need to retain some of Zelda charm but not too much of it otherwise it will feel stuck in the past for some people. I'm expecting the next Zelda game to go beyond boundaries and totally seperate itself from the rest to make a truely unique game all over again. I don't think they need to change really that much from an artistic perspective but more technical in directional integration and incorporating new ideas to give the series I much needed "fleshing" out.

I known Nintendo will take a different approach, they've even said that TP will be the "last Zelda game of its kind" and he was indeed pertaining to a new direction and approach for the series. I just hope they execute it well and not to destroy the Zelda formula completely but reinvigorate it in a way that it gives the hardcore Zelda fans something new and interesting.

• Yeah I agree I think there must be a big change for this one as too many people didnt like Twilight Princess

The series needs to be kept alive and have a new magic running into it because all these endless Zelda DS titles its just starting to look bad

Im not too sure on whether Link should turn into another animal or anything like that because I dont think Nintendo can afford to take chances on this again

With OoT it was fresh. If anything I think they've now made a game on re creating Hyrule

I think they should take another close look at Termina and try create something new there, maybe even reflecting something based on Majoras Mask

• Indeed, there were many that disliked Twilight Princess for its distinct similarities with Ocarina of Time. Many felt the series was taking a step back in terms of reinvention, while there were others who praised it for being the "spiritual successor" to the original N64 classic. As for me, I felt undecided what to make of TP, but I did get a feel of being slightly and only slightly underwhelmed by the time of the game's dramatic conclusion, maybe I had too much high expectations. Maybe it felt too coincident to OoT, although the story was quite compelling and engaging and the Hyrule Overworld was maximized to a huge scale and that was a big plus for me. The puzzles overall were also very satisfactory even though some were recycled and some of the enemies while not as challenging as in previous titles, were still very well done.

Anyway I digress, as the future of the Zelda franchise is what is in the thoughts and minds of the millions of Zelda fans across the world. It's just a matter of what that future will bring, and I agree with maybe reflecting some ideas from Majora's Mask.