Path of Desire (Only one person)

• Midnight ran through the woods. Sweat dripped from his face as he darted out of the way of the trees. Angered welled up inside him as he stopped and looked back. He didn't care what everyone thought, he would avenge his best friend.

Midnight slowed down as he came upon a spring. Just as he reached down to get a drink, he remembered what had happened to Belle...her arm getting ripped off, her eyes wild with fright, her ear pircering scream. Midnight tried his best to forget the moment.

"Belle, I promise I will avenge you." he told himself "They won't get away with this, even if it means I must put my life on the line." He stood up and walked away.

He came upon another spring after traviling along while. But it was closed, and that gate refused to budge, no matter what Midnight did to it. He suddenly had a feeling he was being watched.

• Crap. Aden thought to himself. I should have been more careful, but I thought he'd be paying less attention while rattling that gate! He sat perfectly still in the tree, cursing himself inside his head for stepping on a twig. Then sun was setting; it was getting cooler out.

A few days ago, Aden had been been sitting in a restaurant when a hooded man beckoned him. He had been hired to follow a specific character: Midnight. All he had to do was spy on him for a few days and see what he was up to. Easy money. He had been given a small sketch and a brief description of his location before being sent away.

But now, he thought, I'll just be causing myself trouble. Maybe he won't notice I'm even here if I'm quiet enough. Aden's heart pounded against his chest, and he was afraid this man might hear it. He attempted to slow his breathing and create less noise. After a long day, his gear was getting heavy, and he was getting tired. But he could not let up on the mission.

Leaves shadowed his face and the last ray of sunset light nearly glinted against his armor. Staring intently, he sat upon the branch, waiting for the young man's next move.

But my pig can tell the future!

I was a mod for one day and all I got was this lousy signature! :D
    (no I'm not mad at anyone please don't accuse me of it plzkthxbai D:)

• The feeling sent a chill down Midnight's back. He kept thinking he was beeing watched, but he was so sure he was alone. He struggled to open the gate, to get rid of this strange feeling, but the gate would not open. He slamed the gate his his fist and cried out angrily.

"Why does this happen to me?!" Midnight cried out "Why?!" Sweat drenched his back, and dripped from his reddning face. He was angered that Rylee had sent him to get a speical item for her, she had powers, she could've gotten it.

Midnight rattled the gate more until the feeling became unbearable. Drawing his sword, he looked around. "Who's there?" he cried out. No answer. Feeling stupid, be turned back to the gate and slashed away at the lock. The sunsetting, he decided to kick things up a kontch.

• He knows I'm here, Aden thought to himself, but he doesn't know where I am. If I don't move until the sun's down, I should be fine. He took a deep breath of the cooling twilight air. Although the heat began to leave the air, tension took its place as the young man kicked fiercely at the gate.

Quite a scary child, if you ask me, he thought to himself. Aden considered jumping down to greet him, but disregarded doing so after some thought. His job was not to be seen, and he must carry it out properly. A brief gust of wind whistled through the trees, and the breeze was welcome to Aden's sweaty face. Midnight kept looking around suspiciously, looking for his hunter in as the sun fell under the horizon.

As darkness swept over the forest, Aden leaned back and stretched on the tree limb. Not taking care to see where he was stretching, his arm cracked a branch as he brought it back to his side. Stunned at the sudden noise in the silence, he froze with his arm in midair, awaiting Midnight's next move.

• Midnight stopped kicking the gate. The feeling as now unbearable. "Who's there?" He screamed, angered by the gate. He felt stupid, but he knew that someone, or something, was around.

Midnight drew his black crystal ball, releasing the beast within. "Midnight!" He cried to the little black dog, "Find what is bringing me great tension!"
    The dog sniffed the air, but could not pick up Aden's scent. He glanced back at his master, then back at the sky. His fur rose up and the dog growled.
    "Have you found it?" Midnight asked the dog. Aden only sat there, siltently awaiteding Midnights move.

• Aden nearly breathed a sigh of relief when the dog first turned from him. He had been running for a while, so his scent would be a little easier to pick up. Just as he was starting to relax, the dog turned back and stared straight through him.

Can he actually see me, Aden wondered, or does he just know I'm here? The small dog's fur rose on his back, as Aden's hair rose on his neck. I've just gotta stay still, he said, trying to regulate his breathing. The dog growled, a signal to his master that he knew his search would not go empty-handed. Or, pawed or something. Midnight walked over and knelt beside the dog. He pet the fur down on his back, whispered something to him, and looked in Aden's direction. Aden's eyes widened. Can he see me? He sat there still.