• *Just for the record, if you feel you must laugh, mock, or flame at people for discussing their personal feelings about the matter in this topic (or you feel you are not mature enough to handle this), please leave. Now. This is a serious discussion, and I don't want to see anyone fighting over how other people may raise their children, or what they think of kids in general... They can either change, or not. It's up to them, and them alone.
    Thank you.

~~~

We all know 'em, we all love 'em... Well, you know what I mean.

Kids. Children. You see them everyday, or at least hear of them. Or hear them, for that matter.
    Babies, toddlers, whatever you go by.

The point of this topic: To discuss what you think of kids, and if maybe, just maybe, you may consider having some troublemakers of your own. :P

~Personally, I would really leave the big decision to my wife on whether we should have kids or not. My mum tells me otherwise, that I should have kids regardless... but I would really leave the decision to my spouse. I would not want to push her into doing something that would certainly be a lot of responsibility. However, if I were given the choice... I really wouldn't mind it. (And if I ever DID have kids, I'd be sure to have more than one. I've seen the damage caused by being an only-child with plenty of friends.)
    The only thing that really troubles me is that I could be raising the next Martin Luther King, Jr.... or the next Adolf Hitler. :sheik:
    ...Not only that, but how would I act as a parent. Which brings me to the second part of this discussion.

How would you think you'd act as a parent? Strict? A lot of tough love? Kind, affectionate, always forgiving? Strangle them for the smallest mistakes? Spank them for getting B's and A-'s??

~As a parent... I really couldn't begin to guess how I would be.
    But, in all reality... it frightens me sometimes, that I may take after my father. Don't get me wrong, he's not a bad guy at heart, but... he tends to let his anger manipulate him way too much. Sometimes I feel so ashamed that I ever said, "When I grow up, I want to be just like my daddy!"... It disgusts me that maybe one day I'll say, "If you do this wrong, I'll slam your head through the wall!!", or literally strangle me for messing around on the computer without permission, or exploding if my child lost my pair of sunglasses! That's not the parent I want to become... but it scares me sometimes... that his parenting may have brushed on me, into me. That I may have some masked monster if I should ever snap...

...Anyway, how I view myself as a parent, I really couldn't say. But what I WANT to become, is a father whom will be loving, yet show that tough love to straighten out the child. Never would I want to inflict harm to my child, or instill fear into them to show them the correct way... even if it did work on me... unless absolutely necessary to prove a point.
    As for grades, so long as they get A's and B's (and some occasional C's), I'm set. Basically, if they give it all they've got. Not that I'd get angry if they are having trouble in a class (a "D" or "F" class, eesh), I'd try to help them to the best of my ability and see if I could meet with the teacher to see if he/she could support my child a little more... unless I can find a way to do it myself, along with my spouse, of course. (Hopefully she'll be as cooperative as I am... >_> )

Well, now that I've gotten myself out of the way, I'd like to hear anyone else's thoughts. Whether you're ten, to eighty years old, I don't really mind. Say what you think now, right at this moment, about these things.
    Don't hold anything back... Of course, if things get out of hand, any mod/admin PLEASE close down this topic.

It should be interesting... :tingle:

BIG thanks to Shrukan for the Darkrai sig and Fan banner thing!!
    -Also known as Stelie (in Relosc), and Steelblast (a Decepticon).-

Quote from Muigi

[Today 01:46 PM] Muigi: Godzilla could kick that beached-whale monster's ass anyday.

• Err. I'll post the most I can later (seeing as I am in school). The kid of parent I would be would be loving. I wouldn't want my kids to fall behind and gets D's and F's/E's. I just want them to try, and I wouldn't be like my mom and take away everything and "vent".

My mom spatters non-sense and gibberish when she vents. Yes I deirectly yelled at her and told her to: "Shut the hell up." I yelled it so hard that even my throat hurts today.

Mom says I act this way because of the computer. Face it. Your children will behave how they are right now, even with or without the internet.