Would like to know if this is a vast improvement on my skills.

• Shrukan

Prologue

A faint breeze of air covered the small valley plain. Located between two sets of large mountains and nearby a long and powerful river, laid a village. The village, a small one at least, was covered in a blanket of twilight, as the sun set off to the west, just slowly going past one mountains tops. Small lanterns then illuminated the streets as the light of the sun faded away.

?Another pitiful town.? A cloak figure said. The figure was larger than a normal human male, but stood just as straight. Two black dragon wings extended out of its back, as well as a slithering dragon tail. A few strands of his dark red hair came from out of the hood that casted a thick shadow over his face. ?I hope they put up more of a fight than the others? I thirst for their blood??

The figure?s tongue came out, wiping his lips with thick saliva. His mouth opened, the muscles in his jaw turning his smile into a very sick and twisted emotion. A chill filled the air as his wings extended outwards and his tail whipped from side to side.

?The moon is almost rising,? the figure hissed with a sickish delight, ?I must be getting ready.?

His feet turned a black-like color as they sunk into the ground. His whole body responded to the same action; turning into a black like color and sinking into the ground. Nothing was left of the figure. Not even the cloth he wore.

A few men in the village were put in charge of guarding the streets. They had a light mail armor on their chest, arms, and legs. A long metal tipped spear was in each of their hands. Their faces were concealed under a metal helmet. Below their armor was soft and worn down cloth, to keep them warm in the night.

A man looked from side to side, observing the twilight streets. Nothing was supposed to be out of the village, but the strong men that defend them.

Suddenly the man felt something grab a hold of him. He turned around as he saw a decayed left arm grabbing a hold of the armor the man wore, bending the metal easily and gripping onto the man?s shoulder. Soon, tendons, muscles, and bones yelled in pain as the whole right shoulder of the soldier came clean off. Blood splattered to the ground as the soldier fell over, closed his eyes, and slowly bled to death.

?An easily kill and nothing more.? The cloaked figure said, withdrawing his arm back beneath the cloak. ?A useless kill?? He smiled sickly, just like before. ?Ah well. A death is a death, and that is all I live for??

Another soldier came to the scene. He was slightly bulkier than the last soldier. He stopped in front of the figure and held up his spear, at the same time shaking from pure fear.

?T-the Plague?? he managed to say. The sound of his voice came out shaky and quiet.

?Another soldier to kill? Ah good. I was bored with this one. Let?s see if you put up more of a fight??

The soldier picked up his spear and jabbed it forward, only to have the Plague grab it before impact. The plague smiled as sickly as ever, bending and shattering the wooden spear.

?Is that all you got?!? The Plague laughed hard as saliva dripped the ground. ?Come on! Fight me! It only makes me want your blood even more!?

The soldier was frozen in fear for several seconds before turning around and running. The Plague laughed hard as he shot a shadow sphere from his palm directly into the back of the soldier, instantly killing him.

?Come on! There must be more men to fight!? The plague cackled sickly.

?Mommy?? A small girl clutched onto her mother?s dress. ?When will he go??

?Not until his ?hunger? is gone?? The woman said, closely looking out her window.

?Come on! Fight me! I will not rest!? The Plague laughed evilly.

Another man came before him and stood before him. He held a shield in front of him and a steel sword. The shield was large and heavy, but he managed to hold onto it. From head to toe he was covered in armor.

?Daddy!? The little girl yelled, before her mom clasped her hands around her mouth. ?Daddy??

?Leave this village at once, creature of darkness!? The man raised his sword as if to strike. ?I?ll kill you once and for all!?

?You cannot kill me.? The plague?s head was turned down and his voice calmer than before. He walked closer to the armored male, his arms dragged down and lifeless. He moved slow and weak, somewhat like a zombie. ?You cannot kill that which has existed since the beginning of time?? His mouth curved into a sick smile. ?You cannot cast away the shadows.? His wings extended outwards, as his tail slithered from side to side. He raised his head and his cold dark blue eyes peered into the armored male?s soul.

?I?ll kill you!?

The armored struck forward and raised his sword, only to be blocked by the Plague?s own Shadow Sword. They stood in the same spot, each trying to push one another?s blade forward before they both jumped backwards. The Plague rushed forward and slammed his sword once again onto the armored male?s sword, both still trying to trip the other.

?Ah so you do have some fight in you fool!? The plague laughed, before quickly dipping into the ground. He came back and sliced the armor from the back of the male, revealing a weathered down old man. ?Ah. For one so old, you fight with such vigor.?

?Fool! Let your guard down!? He rushed forward before gasping. Sharp pain erupted in the center of his chest as he looked down. The Shadow Sword had made a clean shot in the center of the old man?s chest. ?No?? The old man stood there for a few seconds before closing his eyes and dying.

?Weak?? The plague drew out his sword and stuck it in the ground, as blood came out of the dead body. ?So very weak?? He looked to the east as the sun soon began to rise. ?Time is sure fast. The sun rises? But soon. Even she will fall before the darkness.? He looked at the sun before the Shadow Sword exploded and the darkness slipped into his body. ?Ayumu lied though. I was sure he said here. Is he leading me in circles?? The plague bit his lip a bit in disgust and shrugged it off. ?Ah well? He knows I?ll keep killing until Balance comes. And when he does, I?ll finally win after these long months??

• Chapter 1- Balance Awakens

“Ayumu is the god of dreams. He walks back and forth through people’s sleep, sending them dreams and nightmares. The only time he sends nightmares is when he has seen the bad deeds of those unfortunate to receive the nightmares.” A red winged dragon male said, skimming through a large book. “Ayumu maybe sending you these nightmares.”

“Why though, Argath?” A golden winged male said. “He’s sending me nightmares about mother! Why?!” A tear ran down the male’s head.

“Shrukan, calm down.” Argath sighed and put the book away.

“Calm down?!” Shrukan snarled. “She died nearly seven years ago from now!” Shrukan grabbed a chair and tossed it to the other side of the room, before landing on his knees and crying. “No one cares for her, even all these years ago. We see less people visit her grave every year! No one cares! She was a great mother and yet everyone forgets about what she did!” Shrukan punched the ground, sending a wave of pain up his arm.

“Calm down, Shrukan!” Argath snarled and pushed Shrukan to the ground, which only seemed to fall back and curl back up. “Shrukan stand up and suck it up.”

“I can’t…” Shrukan said, tears running down the sides of his face. “Argath. I can’t handle this like you!” Shrukan gasped for breath.

“I’ve been with her almost as long as you were. I loved her deeply, but I moved on with my life.”

“And then you married Nava!” Shrukan snarled. “You forgot about my birth mother and you married Nava, like you didn’t even care!!”

“Shrukan. That is no way to act like a Scalix. You have to suck it up and move on, and don’t disrespect your elders.”

“The only reason you tell me to not disrespect you is for the scars you bear on your face!” Argath snarled and turned around, walking away from Shrukan. “Yeah! You better turn your back!”

“Such a disappointment. Your mother would not be pleased that you back talked me.”

“Hah! Nava doesn’t care!”

“I meant your birth mother!”

Shrukan snarled and turned his head. “Hah. What a fool. Mother would have loved me anyways… Would she…?”

Shrukan stood up and proceeded out the door. He walked over to a nearby stream and looked at his reflection in the water. He appeared depressed. His dark red hair was slightly spiked, naturally, and flowing in the breeze. His eyes were a brilliant blue color, and sparkling. His dragon wings, both golden in color, were folded inward.

(will continue when I get the rest from school. :/)