Phoenix Wright! Objection, you're just wrong there Von Karma!

• I'm pretty sure there's quite a few Phoenix Wright fans out there on Eternal Hyrule, so I thought I'd already create a thread about it.

While Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (1) was originally made for the GameBoy Advance, it has been released a few years after in America and consequently in Europe. Afterwards, the producers decided to make another Phoenix Wright game, namely Justice For All. Since the first Gyakuten Saiban (sp?) - Phoenix Wright, was such a great success in Japan.

Anyway, please state which game is your favourite one. Except for Trials And Tribulations, that one's left out still. Since, I have no idea, there might be several people from Japan (Mafoofoo and subpain) who already got this game, so leave it out, if you please.

State along your favourite case and why.

Discussion may also be held here.

Winner: The "They always come back" Award

Winner: The "Most likely to be a channer" Award

Winner: The "Most annoying avatar" Award

• First game, case 4.

Although some people may disagree with me, I thought it was the most emotional case. Character development is really strong and it has a few unexpected twists. Plus it has von Karma in it, gotta love his 'Objection!' eheh. I won't spoil anything for those of you who haven't played it yet, though.

The second game was a bit weaker IMO, but still good nonetheless. Case 2 and case 4 were pretty nice. For some reason I dislike case 3, maybe because I hate clowns? :P

Need help with anything? Feel free to PM me.

• First game, case 4.

Although some people may disagree with me, I thought it was the most emotional case. Character development is really strong and it has a few unexpected twists. Plus it has von Karma in it, gotta love his 'Objection!' eheh. I won't spoil anything for those of you who haven't played it yet, though.

The second game was a bit weaker IMO, but still good nonetheless. Case 2 and case 4 were pretty nice. For some reason I dislike case 3, maybe because I hate clowns? :P

Case 4 in the first game was very emotional and rather unexpected. Especially since

Display Spoiler

Manfred Von Karma

was the murderer.

Well, actually, the fourth case tends to take place mainly in the past. Edgeworth's past. Seeing as Manfred Von Karma was his mentor and such, his father was murdered, et cetera.

Definitely the greatest case in that game. Also, Case 5 is actually an extra case added to the DS version. Back 4 years ago, in the original Phoenix Wright, they didn't include the fifth case. Now, it requires to do a lot of research with the DS stylus and your breath.:P
    Comparatively amazing, if I may say so myself.

In the second Phoenix Wright game, Justice for all, the cases are generally easier than in its previous game, the original Ace Attorney, although some cases are also very frustrating at times. Usually when you've gathered a bunch of evidence and consequently don't know how to use it in the case. I've had this problem several times already.

Well, anway, as my favourite case in Justice for all, it's probably the 3rd case I fancy, unlike Beta. The one involving Moe, Maximillion Galactica and the Ringmaster, obviously. I frequently tend to consider the first 2 cases as a warm up, especially the first case. The answer is fairly obvious in the first case. And in the 2nd case, well, in JFA, it was actually harder to find out, though. Generally because of the name change Ini had. Other than that, it's frequently the person who you'd suspect the last as the murderer who actually committed the thread.

• Also, Case 5 is actually an extra case added to the DS version. Back 4 years ago, in the original Phoenix Wright, they didn't include the fifth case.

Pretty amazing how they were able to fit that case in, seeing how Edgeworth supposedly killed himself in part two (yes, I know... Don't correct me :P). In a certain sense it does add to the storyline, Edgeworth is thinking about quitting his job as a prosecutor in case 5...

In the second Phoenix Wright game, Justice for all, the cases are generally easier than in its previous game, the original Ace Attorney, although some cases are also very frustrating at times. Usually when you've gathered a bunch of evidence and consequently don't know how to use it in the case. I've had this problem several times already.

The "detective" parts are indeed a tad easier. Court sessions are harder IMO, it requires a lot more pressing. The fact that people can be used as evidence also creates more room for errors.

I can't wait for part 3, I might even import the US version.

• Pretty amazing how they were able to fit that case in, seeing how Edgeworth supposedly killed himself in part two (yes, I know... Don't correct me :P). In a certain sense it does add to the storyline, Edgeworth is thinking about quitting his job as a prosecutor in case 5...

Though as it is considered as an extra part of the game, it's actually added later to the DS version of the game, thus I'd imply the last case doesn't effect the plot.

The "detective" parts are indeed a tad easier. Court sessions are harder IMO, it requires a lot more pressing. The fact that people can be used as evidence also creates more room for errors.

I can't wait for part 3, I might even import the US version.

It's kind of stupid that people can be presented as evidence as well, indeed. I've had some trouble with this, in fact. If you would remember correctly, in case 3. The judge asks you to present evidence of who did place the wooden box there.

Naturally, a normal person would imply the person is certainly one of the options in the 'profiles' section in the Court Record. While it was actually Money the Monkey who placed it there.

Besides, I have the US version of the first Phoenix Wright game, but the European version of Justice for All.

• Though as it is considered as an extra part of the game, it's actually added later to the DS version of the game, thus I'd imply the last case doesn't effect the plot.

Yes, that's true. It was still a very nice addition, though. The case itself is almost 8 hours long. And some characters will be making a return in part 4 (Ace Attorney: Apollo Justice).

Besides, I have the US version of the first Phoenix Wright game, but the European version of Justice for All.

I have the US version of the first game as well. I bought it at my local game shop back in 2005/2006. I'll never regret buying the game, heh.