• Quite interesting the evolution of your signatures. It seems now you have quite a simplistic style.

Some names seem familiar but many I don't know.

Simplistic works a bit better regardless positioning and focus points, but I'm still a mess just look at that Lana tag it's everywhere.

I'm not getting old, I'm killing myself before I hit my 30s

• Simplistic works a bit better regardless positioning and focus points, but I'm still a mess just look at that Lana tag it's everywhere.

Not sure I get what you mean by that, sorry. :XD:
    Anyway I suppose that if you notice that from past works that is a good signal that you have improved since then.
    Messy and all I still cannot do something close to many of the signatures you are sharing here.

• Not sure I get what you mean by that, sorry. :XD:
    Anyway I suppose that if you notice that from past works that is a good signal that you have improved since then.
    Messy and all I still cannot do something close to many of the signatures you are sharing here.

Right. Focus point means the area of the signature that you want to make stand out, usually the render's face. Flow is the direction everything on the signature takes. Like
    This one has an explosion like flow, going all directions from the render.
    [MEDIA=imgur]VxBPJMw[/MEDIA]
    This one goes to the right, a bit diagonal whatever.
    [MEDIA=imgur]5Ioi7VD[/MEDIA]

I guess it does mean theoretical improvement but it's still pretty hard to apply most of the time. There's nothing huge here to be honest. I could share you what I know anytime it isn't a big deal. It's just about knowing how to apply it.

I'm not getting old, I'm killing myself before I hit my 30s

Edited 2 times, last by Cressel (August 30, 2015 at 11:15 AM).

• I appreciate the explanation. I understand better what you mean.
    The flow kind of reminds me of drawing theory, hahah. It is very interesting.
    Besides the flow I can see there is also how you go filling the space. I really like that Ika Musume signature as full of elements it is they amke a great composition.
    Then the one of Cloud it has so many less elements and it still feels pretty balanced.

Definitely knowing when and how to apply the theory is just as important as the theory itself and not something to be minimised.
    You've been doing signatures for years and have developed an eye for it. You have a better clue than many on what works and what doesn't and because of the theory sometimes even the "why" something is not working out. That's fantastic.