My new(used) gameboys.

• I have a problem. I always have had it.....When I was younger when I got a Gameboy color, I gave away my pocket. When I got a gameboy advance, I gave away my Gameboy color.

I gave away all of my pokemon cards, I remember doing it. I gave away my fully completed Pokemon gold, my N64, and my original SNES.

Most of the stuff I have given away I do not feel any real attachment too, SOME I do though.

I have replaced my N64 and zelda games, I bought new copies of GBA ALTTP, The Minish Cap, Link's Awakening DX, Link's Awakening and ALL the GB Pokemon games, even the japanese variants.

I never had to replace my OOS and OOA because I held on to them.

Well yesterday I got a Gameboy Pocket in the mail, and today I am getting a Gameboy color. I already bought the shell for the GBC to match my original one.

I realized something over the years. In my desire to do nice things for people and get rid of shit that I do not need I have deprived my own children out of the stuff that had given me years of fun. So I am replacing most of my collection that I had.

I have 2 Wii U's so me and my son can play Wind Waker together side by side, I have 4 switches(3 regular, one Lite), One primary switch is mine, one is my sons, the third one I have SX OS on it and I use it to backup save stuff externally), and the Lite I take out with me. I have bought 3 Gameboy Advanced SP's, link cables, mega memory cards and gamesharks.

I have new Batteries in -

Pokemon Red: Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal (EN),

Pocket Monsters: Green, Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal (JP)

Link's Awakening, Link's Awakening DX, Oracle of Ages, Oracle of Seasons

My son was evaluated based on his reading level. He is in Kindergarten but he was rated as reading as well or better than a 3rd grader.

I think my son learned to read well through our gameplay sessions, and I an super proud that he wants to be involved with me in stuff like that.

So yes. I bought a Gameboy Pocket and Gameboy Color in almost 2020, I might not ever really play them....But I wanted them to be able to give them to my kids if they wanted them to play

• It's beautiful and if I was ever to be a parent I am sure I can learn a lot from you. I think it is cool how you are showing your kid the joys and your passion.

And no worries. I went to Mexico and I made sure to bring back my gameboy color with me. That console meant a lot and I'd still use it today.

I went to a retro store and got Skiing for the Atari 2600. It is not Zelda, but it is still a part of my childhood and I want it around.

What you gave away to spread the joy those games gave you, it was good on its time and now recovering what matters to you and being able to share it with your kids is just awesome. Way to go! :thumbup: