Venture - Chapter 1

• You know, some people don't really think hard about it until they are met with a life/death situation, but life can sure be great. Life is a valuable thing that you should strive to keep. Do everything in your power to stay alive. Sadly, there are some people in this world that wish to misuse life. Murderers, psychos, you name it. It's disgusting, it really is, but there's nothing I can do about that. I'm just a normal 15 year old boy, living his life in the way he sees fit. The only thing I can do is strive to be the best person I can be. It was a very nice life I had, family, friends, so many people in this world that I care about. But now it's gone. These people, they're making us work for them. It's as if we were their property. They took me away from my family, I don't even know if my family is still alive or not. All I can do is hope. The only thing that keeps our heads up high is friendship, but at this place, a lot of your friends will end up being wiped off the face of the planet. I'm lucky to still be alive, as well as most of my friends. Luke, Kay, and Tyler to name a few. We had one more person in our group of friends, but he got killed for trying to escape. His name was Max. Max lived in the same town as I did, and we both got kidnapped at the same time. He was my friend since as long as I can remember, and now he's gone. This affected me a lot, but like I said, I can't do anything about it. I should probably tell you my name. My name is Kai. Me and my friends have been trapped in this place for about 3 years now. We live in a cell together, and we barely get anything to eat, but we enjoy each others company and we try to make the most out of it.

"Alright, you lazy idiots, get up! Master is in a bad mood today and he needs some little runts like you all to search the underground tunnels to find what he's looking for. Oh, and no food or water until you finish your 12 hours of work."

We all get up, although very hard to do since we never get much sleep around here. We started working, but once we hit the 4 hour mark, Tyler collapsed onto the ground. We were all freaking out, we didn't know if he was alive or dead. Usually when someone passes out, the guards assume they are dead and they mutilate their bodies to feed to the dogs. It's disgusting. We were all terrified of this happening to Tyler, so we hid him where our secret spot was. It's near the exit to the facility, and we were hoping to try and escape the place sometime soon, so we all come to this spot whenever we feel like it. Kay lays Tyler on the ground, and we all sit next to him, hoping that he wakes up soon.

"You both stay here, I'm going to go work so the guards don't get suspicious."

I go outside and I start to dig, when suddenly, a gleaming light shines brightly under the dirt. I keep digging and I found a gold chest. It was beautiful while it lasted, because the next thing I knew, a guard took it away and went to show his master. I then got called to meet the master in his "office" of sorts. I walk in and sit on the floor, since if we sit on the chairs, we get punished. He tells me that he knows where our spot is, which surprises me, and I get worried. He sends the guards to go there and take Tyler away, as well as demolish our secret spot. He does congratulate me for finding the treasure chest, but that didn't help me with the anger and sadness I felt inside me right now. Tyler hasn't woken up yet, and they are about to mutilate his body.
    I watch as mixed feelings course through me. My mind is spinning in circles, I don't know what to do. And before I know it, I suddenly jumped onto the guards, and started pummeling them to the floor. The master got up and pulled out a dark red and black sword from the chest that I found, and he blasted a ball of electricity at me with the tip of the sword. I'm on the floor in pain, and I can barely get up. That's when Tyler woke up and looked at me, then at the master. Tears start to roll down his face, and suddenly, he burst up, floating in mid-air, with energy surrounding him. Kay and Luke arrive to where we were at, and then, the whole building goes up in flames from an energy blast Tyler threw at the master. The only thing that's going through my head right now is this: Where the hell did he learn to do that?

*Sorry this chapter is kind of short, but I got pressed for time, and I really wanted to get this out there. I dunno when Chapter 2 will be posted, but I will make an update when I've decided. Leave your criticism/comments about this chapter here! :D*

*insert something witty here*