Global Warming?

• Some say its real, others say its not, as for me: I think that its a natural cycle that earth goes through. Sure things are melting, and sure the water line of the ocean is getting disrupted, but scientists say this happened when there werent people a loooong time ago, so i think its natural.

• I agree along the terms that this is occuring within natural circumstances, I mean surely were not solely to blame, maybe it can't be helped, almost inevitable sorta. Our sun is naturally heating up and in turn many of these "symptoms" of Global Warming are following it, which we have no control over. So my advice really is to prevent major habitats from being lost, find sanctuary for all of the endangered animals and mammals and let us make most of the planet's resources while we still have them, without resulting to destroying forests. Of course thats easier said than done, but other than that we can't do much in the way of "preventing" Global Warming.

• Exactly my thought, thats the point i was trying to make, everyones flippin over something thats not even in our control.

• We are incorrect in placing the blame solely on completely natural occurrences, however. The human race has contributed to the hole in the ozone layer, which has affected the earth's climate. The average temperature of the oceans have actually escalated by 1 degree Fahrenheit in recent years. This obviously sounds quite asinine, but I assure you it is indeed a larger problem than we believe it to be.

Maybe we cannot prevent Global Warming, but we can reduce the rate of the destruction of the ozone layer by using more energy efficient machines or vehicles that reduce their emissions output to support a more healthy environment.

I am a huge Soldat fan.

• Quote from Twistkill

We are incorrect in placing the blame solely on completely natural occurrences, however. The human race has contributed to the hole in the ozone layer, which has affected the earth's climate. The average temperature of the oceans have actually escalated by 1 degree Fahrenheit in recent years. This obviously sounds quite asinine, but I assure you it is indeed a larger problem than we believe it to be.

Maybe we cannot prevent Global Warming, but we can reduce the rate of the destruction of the ozone layer by using more energy efficient machines or vehicles that reduce their emissions output to support a more healthy environment.

Well Maybe, I'm not sure about everything yet, i need more time to think.

• We have the technology and ingenuity to reduce the threat of global warming today. Solutions are already available that will stimulate the American economy by creating jobs, saving consumers money, and protecting our national security. By investing in renewable energy and energy efficiency, and increasing the efficiency of the cars we drive, we can take essential steps toward reducing our dependence on oil and other fossil fuels that cause global warming.

Using energy more efficiently and moving to renewable energy (wind, solar, geothermal, and bioenergy) would significantly reduce our emissions of heat-trapping gases. The United States currently produces 70 percent of its electricity from fossil fuels such as coal, natural gas, and oil, but only two percent from renewable sources. Since the burning of fossil fuels releases large amounts of carbon dioxide?the leading cause of global warming?but renewable energy does not, increasing the share of our electricity generated from renewable resources is one of the most effective ways to reduce global warming emissions.

Cars and trucks are another significant source (25 percent) of U.S. carbon dioxide emissions. A serious effort to address global warming must therefore reduce emissions from cars and trucks. Many technologies already exist that can do this, while also creating new jobs in the U.S. automotive sector and other industries throughout the country. In addition, American consumers would save billions of dollars on gasoline, and we would reduce our dependence on foreign oil.

By putting energy efficiency, renewable energy, and vehicle technology solutions in place at the federal level, we can reduce our contribution to global warming while creating a stronger, healthier, and more secure nation.

• Quote from mortuaries

We have the technology and ingenuity to reduce the threat of global warming today. Solutions are already available that will stimulate the American economy by creating jobs, saving consumers money, and protecting our national security. By investing in renewable energy and energy efficiency, and increasing the efficiency of the cars we drive, we can take essential steps toward reducing our dependence on oil and other fossil fuels that cause global warming.

Using energy more efficiently and moving to renewable energy (wind, solar, geothermal, and bioenergy) would significantly reduce our emissions of heat-trapping gases. The United States currently produces 70 percent of its electricity from fossil fuels such as coal, natural gas, and oil, but only two percent from renewable sources. Since the burning of fossil fuels releases large amounts of carbon dioxide?the leading cause of global warming?but renewable energy does not, increasing the share of our electricity generated from renewable resources is one of the most effective ways to reduce global warming emissions.

Cars and trucks are another significant source (25 percent) of U.S. carbon dioxide emissions. A serious effort to address global warming must therefore reduce emissions from cars and trucks. Many technologies already exist that can do this, while also creating new jobs in the U.S. automotive sector and other industries throughout the country. In addition, American consumers would save billions of dollars on gasoline, and we would reduce our dependence on foreign oil.

By putting energy efficiency, renewable energy, and vehicle technology solutions in place at the federal level, we can reduce our contribution to global warming while creating a stronger, healthier, and more secure nation.

Good post... you basically said everything I said except with more detail and thoroughness. =)

I am a huge Soldat fan.

• Whoah, yeah i suppose, But the point i was trying to make is that, its been around in a cycle for millions of years, the most we can do is slow it down.

• mortuaries really said everything I wanted to say lol

But one thing... The last Ice Age was when it was cold (generally on Earth). This isn't exactly an Ice Age... and the temperature has increased far too dramatically to be natural.

I don't know everything but I'm fairly sure that the temperature shouldn't be getting higher; it should be getting lower, if not leveling off soon.

Then again, the Age of the Dinosaurs was indeed much more hot and humid than it is now. But I highly doubt that such rapid heighten in temperature would be natural at all...

Sorry trying to prove a point ^^'

I'm psychic. When you see "-*-" my powers activate.

• Like many have said, this is not entirely a natural process, yet not entirely human-made. We are somewhat at fault (especially for the hole in the ozone layer), but much of this is just Earth going through natural processes.

Keep in mind that in the '80's, people were freaking out over "global cooling." ;]

But my pig can tell the future!

I was a mod for one day and all I got was this lousy signature! :D
    (no I'm not mad at anyone please don't accuse me of it plzkthxbai D:)