Link, Zelda, Ganon. What do their names mean?

• Quote from Link (on Zelda Universe)

Has anyone ever noticed any relevance of teh character's names in the Zelda series? There are web-sites that can tell you the meanings of names. Lets try a few. Left of the semi-colon is meaning. To teh right of it is it's origin.

Link: Left Hand; German.
    So Link's anme means Left hand. Well, he IS left handed, isn't he?

Zelda: Luck; Yiddish. / N/A; German.
    Zelda is supposedly also German, but it's meaning is unknown. In Yiddish, (How many of you have heard of that language?) it means Luck or Lucky one,

Ganon/Gannon: Fair-haired;Gaelic.
    Fair haired? I don't think so! His natural hair color is blood red?! (Or...is it?)

So, relevant to the games, or not? I'll post more names later. I got my info from 20,000 Baby Names, Meanings and Origins at Baby Names World

Interesting....

• Hmm. I've forgotten the significants of names... That was fairly interesting.
    Hehe, fair-haired...

BIG thanks to Shrukan for the Darkrai sig and Fan banner thing!!
    -Also known as Stelie (in Relosc), and Steelblast (a Decepticon).-

Quote from Muigi

[Today 01:46 PM] Muigi: Godzilla could kick that beached-whale monster's ass anyday.

• Gannon is not a real name for Ganon. At all. It was a translation error from the first game. Anyone who believes that is the real name or a name of Ganon at all is wrong. Also, some people say he's only Gannon in LoZ. That's also wrong too, LoZ had a translation error, Nintendo said that themselves. It's Ganon. Just wanted to point that out. There is no such thing as Gannon.

• nice find

the link one is pretty interesting

anymore for other characters?

• Quote from TriforceMaster3000

Gannon is not a real name for Ganon. At all. It was a translation error from the first game. Anyone who believes that is the real name or a name of Ganon at all is wrong. Also, some people say he's only Gannon in LoZ. That's also wrong too, LoZ had a translation error, Nintendo said that themselves. It's Ganon. Just wanted to point that out. There is no such thing as Gannon.

Hence level one gannon-banned. Also, Zoras were called Zolas in ALTTP (SNES), but on the GBA one the translation was fixed and became Zoras.