Posts by Hector the Specter

But then won't mine and some of the posts that follow be considered spam since they'll only contain two numbers heh :) Anyways I don't really feel 18 at this moment, guess I got to take it all in first and soon live it even in doubt. I still feel like a little kid mentally, I guess its true what they say sometimes "there's a little kid inside all of us" no matter how grown up we may sometimes think.

There are many perspectives that you could use to convey such emotions, but it must be difficult to do this if the main character is a mute. They could have used different facial expressions and displayed some non-verbal affection like fixed eye contact or caressing of the face and the like. It would have been interesting and they might attempt to do that in future Zelda games. I mean I admit I was a little dissapointed there wasn't a little more emotion between the two protagonists, after enduring such traumatic events that have occured all around them. I think thats where Majora's Mask hit the mark very well in terms of conveying that "emotion" that drove the story no doubt. Stories that are driven purely by emotion always get to people more and I think in the future, they might focus on conveying different emotions from unique perspectives, but who knows really.

Quote from Steelia

Sorry -- That's classified information here. For... personal reasons.

Heh, I like a bit of mystery...as for me well I turned 18 on the 23rd of last month so i'm living it up big time. Access to buying booze is something I've been waiting a long time for and very soon I'll be hitting the clubs and living the life, hopefully. Oh and btw I've gotten away with viewing pr0n for 2 years already so heh :)

As for me I would have to go with Action/Adventure (Zelda, others slipped my mind) Platformer (Sonic, Mario, Donkey Country Country games) Console RPG (Final Fantasy series) and FPS's/TPS's (Halo, Goldeneye, Resident Evil, Gears of War). It was certainly quite hard to call in the end.

I'm sure we all play a particular group of games more often than any other, but ultimately its hard to decide which genre you put first before all the rest. I guess its due to the sheer diversity of different existing game genres, each all unique and some games had a redefining impact on there genre all together giving it a refreshing new lift and approach. Its these genre-defining games that we recognize the most, like how Ocarina of Time revolutionized the 3D genre and action-adventure and Super Mario 64, the definitive platformer that made a huge impact then and still does today. But at the end of the day we have to ask ourselves, which genre or /s do we rate above others? Here is where you must make that decision, choose wisely. It is a multiple choice poll ;) and I've just put some example games of the genre for display.

Indeed, the primary focus with the Splinter Cell series has always been about stealth since they are all very action-adventure oriented and stealth-based in nature (similar to MGS). You take on the role of Black Ops vet Sam Fisher, who is a member of a secret divison dubbed "Third Echelon". The Third Echelon's essential purpose is that it uses "Splinter Cells", who are single operatives supported by a small team to conduct covert intelligience missions in hostile territory. I can't say i've delved deep into the Splinter Cell series but I hear they are quality games and worth checking out. I am however familar (and a fan) of other Tom Clancy inspired series like Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon, both which make up a large part of my Xbox and 360 games collection.

I think it would be accurate in describing me as a Night Owl on a daily basis, I mean I tend to stay up in the late early hours and then don't tend to awake till about midway through the afternoon. I've never been a natural early riser only if its necessary like going to school or college since punctuality is a big thing, but come holiday's all niters are pretty traditional in my rather odd livelihood.

I use to play WoW, and became very addicted to it for the first few weeks I had it even to the extent that my rear was sore and my legs felt weird after sitting at my chair for that long. I then eventually gave it up after getting my Tauren to Lvl 30, guess I plucked up the courage to do so and now it remains a memory to me. But I guess for all those WoW fanatics out there, this new expansion is good news. I can't deny WoW's impact mind you, definitely worthy of the praise it gets even if it ruled my life for a few weeks.

As for myself, there haven't been that many gaming lows for me so I guess I've been lucky in that aspect to come across any frightfully horribly games. However thats not to say I haven't played any bad games, surely games like Pokemon Snap, Sudeki, Superman 64 (ouch wot a steamer that was!) and Daikatana. Apart from them my gaming life would have been perfect.

That's a rather hard decision to call for me really, I mean there have been so many memorable titles that have defined my younger years, some of which stay with me to this day. If I was going to choose three in particular they would have to be:

1: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
    2: Super Mario 64
    3: Donkey Kong Country

Although I have still left out many others which were all equally awesome in there own right like Resident Evil 4 (GC), The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Jet Force Gemini, GoldenEye, Final Fantasy VII, the Spyro Series (hey I liked em alrite? Heh at the time anyways) and Halo: Combat Evolved

Well as Reggie once said "Its all about the games" which is very true. Graphics aren't integral to making a game truly great, but I have to say it certainly helps drive the immersion aspect and as generations evolve, people are going to become accustomed to seeing fantastic visuals and hi-fidelity sound design. It's this reason that I am currently supporting the Xbox360 as I have one myself and some of the games are of a very high quality. Not to mention, highly-anticipated titles coming out this year some of them exclusives like Halo 3 and Bioshock. I just feel the 360 has the best lineup of games and yep thats when we come back to the fact that He Who Has the Best Games Wins, regardless of anything else. Gameplay is also very significant to driving a particular game of any genre and its where the 360 comes up on tops again. 360 ALL THE WAY! Although I must say I support Nintendo's Wii more than Sony's PS3.

I quite enjoyed Luigi's Mansion on my first couple of playthrough's, very enjoyable and certainly took a different, unique approach to the series which is always welcome in gaming. It surprised me how riveting it was on my first time playing, capturing all those Portrait Ghosts, each with all a different strategy to doing so. Then of course it was the exploration aspect, where you feel there were secrets simply hidden everywhere and that most of the rooms were very richly detailed. Luigi's expressions and mannerisms also played there own unique role in driving the whole atmosphere of the game itself. Throughly enjoyable I find, but I guess many had issues with it becoming repetitive which I think is a fair criticism to be honest. I enjoyed it, but probably not as much as Sunshine.